Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Boredom has set in......

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Boredom has set in......

Postby fluffy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:42 pm

Ok..........this is the deal.......lol

i'm 35 and i've had lots of interesting jobs and experiences but i've been teaching for 6 years and my ADD is playing up.....(lol...i'm not really ADD i just get bored easily...lol)...........so what am i going to do?.......

no idea..........none at all.........lol.............

but i did see a programme about doing voluntary work abroad....i don't fancy doing the expected teacher stuff though....i want to rescue and bottle rear orphan baby elephants ......or look after little orphan Koala bears in papooses..........or save the Orangatang babies......... :lol:

Ok........so thats my idea..........i was wondering if i'm the only restless soul out there?..........and if not what is it you are hankering after?

fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:21 pm

You know, GREAT topic. You have encapsulated all of my frustrations in one post.

All I really want to be is a wife and mother....but that ain't happening, because I keep holding out for this ideal True Love...you know my mom always used to say, "When you meet him, you'll just KNOW."

So I think I'm cursed from my mother's lips. Because I haven't ever met THE ONE. Except in my dreams.

There are so many things that I have started and have not allowed to take root without the possible exception of being a handmaid and writing. And I feel I have so much to say, but always miss the chance to say it, however, since I had my sorta spiritual awakening, I'm getting better at saying what I need to say.

I remembered today about writing a story about TIOT or "two inches of trouble". When I was just a kid. Because my childhood was NOT idyllic, so it's kind of amazing that this small kid undergoing all kinds of loneliness and trauma of the cruel world around could write a story about a two-inch high hero who triumphs over obstacles.

I know that two inch high hero is still in me someplace. I just have to find her.

But as for what I want to do? I don't know. And doesn't it just make a scream form in your forehead?

Maybe I should do like John Lennon and let a big primal scream out into the pillow tonight, but that would scare my grandma.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:26 pm

Sometimes you feel like you're just disconnected from all reality and swirling around in the big tornado.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:49 pm

For me i know it's time to step back and take stock when i find myself in a room full of people i know..........and i feel as though i'm not there .........i'm disconnecting.............i feel as though i am invisible and part of my psyche is somewhere else............
That usually means i'm restless and it's time to move on..........i've lost interest somewhere............
Yet i yearn to feel really settled ..........not as the wife and mum......but if they happen they happen, ( kids have never been high on the agenda for me :wink: )
....................but in me...........i'm searching for something..........i just don't know what it is yet................... :wink:

oh.............life is such a complicated thing.....sigh.........

fluffy :wink: :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby searching_for_sunshine » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:39 pm

hi. do you guys mind if i join in?

i have the searching feeling too. along with that, i have hit a real crossroads in my life. do i take the road that is comfortable and safe (where i am) or do i take the road where there is uncertainty of where it will lead. the big gamble. all or nothing.

i sense i need to do more with my life. i always feel like such a hypocrite feeling sorry for those that need help because really, "shouldn't i be out there helping?" but what can i do to help? that's where i get hung up.

i'm restless but not sure what is causing it. i love my career but it is a very superficial one in the grand scheme of life. that kind of bugs me but it's the only thing that i am good at (that i have tried).

i have recently started to feel the disconnection that you talk about fluffy and searching for the cause and of course the solution.

i've been seriously hoping to hit the lottery so that i can sponsor a trust/grant cancer research program but since that hasn't happened (and probably won't), i am taking the first steps in finding out just HOW to go about something like that. i know there's a cure out there but i personally will not find it so i would like to help those who ARE medically inclined to further their research that is not affliated with the FDA or any other program the US government sponsors.

is that too ambitious? :?
searching_for_sunshine
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby quirky » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:38 am

My grandma says that she believes there are cures for everything out in nature. Reminds me of the film "Medicine Man".

I don't see the government as all bad, though. I think they do some positive research. I remember recently reading that as far as private drug companies go, what we need are new antibiotics because viruses are always mutating and defeating the existing antibiotics, but since there is not much profit in antibiotics because they are a short-course/term drug, the research isn't being done to develop new ones.

I guess I just pray alot that medicine can continue to advance to help overcome things people are afflicted with. I understand that people need to die to make room for new people, but I don't understand why kids have to die of diseases that are thisclose to being cured. I know God has the plans, but sometimes I *do* wish for miracles.

A cure for AIDS would be a big miracle.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:40 am

crumbs...............i just want to save orphaned baby animals....... :oops:

well somebody has to love them........ :roll: :lol: ......i want a baby Koala to hand rear and knit little bootees for and it'll sleep on my head at night...snuggled into the pillow...( i saw it on Animal planet... :wink: )....

they are much nicer than human babies.......they're furry babies!!!!

fluffy :P

(Hmm ....maybe i've had the cats too long...... :roll: ) :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:27 pm

We don't have any pets at the moment. I alternate from thinking it would be really nice to have a cockateil, to thinking that animals should be free and I could be contributing to a bad system of domesticating them by buying a bird. Plus, at this point, it's an irresponsible expenditure.

There is one dream job I pray a lot about. A few years back I was on the game show "Jeopardy" and I won some money. That's what's been keeping me in beef jerky. Well...they had a call for new members of their "Clue Crew" awhile back and I made a tape and sent in an application. I have never heard anymore about it. But that would be my dream job, I think. A chance to travel around learning new things and then sharing info with the 13 million viewers a day that watch the show.

I re-sent the application and asked them where they were with that some weeks ago. I don't have any idea. It's hard to know whether to just pray for God's will...or to pray for something specific. I just know I would LOVE that. It's not a ton of camera time and it would be SO interesting.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Cheryl » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:34 pm

Boredom .....funny how we get bored so quickly .....try taking a deep breath and rubbing your stomach...........then spin around in circles till you get dizzy...................then genuinely help someone....................
Cheryl
Finders Keepers

Great idea! cheryl

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:47 pm

When we take the focus off of ourselves and turn it to someone else, the boredome seems to dissipate and our problems seem quite minute.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Clemmy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:10 pm

Sometimes, I feel I want to reach for the stars and do great things for humankind. Then, I step back, take a deep breath ... I do not rub my stomach, though... and try to reach for those who are close and I can help somehow... even with a word of optimism
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:58 pm

You know that really is the greatest gift. Just sacrificing a little bit of happy you everyday for someone else.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Re: Boredom has set in......

Postby carreyd away » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:45 am

fluffy wrote:Ok..........this is the deal.......lol

i'm 35 and i've had lots of interesting jobs and experiences but i've been teaching for 6 years and my ADD is playing up.....(lol...i'm not really ADD i just get bored easily...lol)...........so what am i going to do?.......

no idea..........none at all.........

I'm 43 and still don't know...

I'm not going to grow up

I don't want to be an adult

so THERE! Nyah! Image

You can't make me!

I'M TELLING MOMM!!!!!!
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby fluffy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:45 pm

'Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy bouncy...fun,fun,fun,fun,fun....... :lol:

i love your little bouncy sheep man......... :wink:

i don't want to grow up..........i've always said i'll be the wild oldie in the care home......lol........
i just want a new sense of purpose......like a lot of us here i have a festering desire to write so i may explore that avenue......but i'm not sure i have a thick enough skin for all the rejection that would involve........lol :lol:

Fluffy :P

ps... i LOVE your story............it's the sort of thing we used to do just for the hell of it.............lol
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Cheryl » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:01 pm

Rejection ............what's that? Everyday I learn new things from new people. Ideas i had not thought of.........perspectives I did'nt see.....
Cheryl
Finders Keepers

Next

Return to Off Topic