Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade

Postby Shadow Mancer » Wed May 25, 2005 1:26 am

I gotta rant on this.

Sony's PSP game, Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade is the LONGEST game in the history of gameplay. And the guys that made it, keep teasing you to think the game is over! Ha!

Okay. The first time you beat the "Shadow God," (and this is afer quite a bit of playing mind you), you think the game is over. Is it? No! You find out you have to go on and recover four urns and fight him all over again and do a few other odd missions thrown in for flavor just to make the game go on longer!

Then, when you beat the Shadow God the second time, your hopes spring anew, as an Epilogue story plays out about the history of Aven and everything. You think, "Finally! The game is over!" Is it?

No! They put you back in Hell (Infernal Abyss) to beat five more bad guys as "clean-up work." I'm thinkin' by this time this has GOT to be the end of the game as I'm takin' out that fifth bad guy. Is it?

Of course not! Why end the torture? I'm off on another job they came up with!

I've got it all figured out. This game goes on FOREVER. Whatever they could come up with, they throw at you. Now it's not a matter of fun anymore. Now it's a matter of principle of finishing the thing.

Right now I'm a Level 34 Alchemist. By the time I'm done, I'll be at Level 1000, 80 years old, and have arthritis in my thumbs! (Well... maybe not THAT bad...)

Anybody else having the joy of playing this game?

SHADOW MANCER :twisted:
"Funny the things you remember, not so funny the things you forget..."
Shadow Mancer
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby lammy » Wed May 25, 2005 4:00 am

No but I stop playing "THING" on my xbox because I couldn't pass a level...after like 3 months of trying to pass the level,I gave up!!!

So freaking frustrating when that happens.
I'll pick it back up again-I'm sure.
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

What the...?

Postby Shadow Mancer » Wed May 25, 2005 10:42 pm

Okay, I got, like, more quests done now after the last battle with the Shadow God. The Epilogue rolled. Did the "clean up quests." Did a couple more quick "errands' for the witchy alcolyte (she's got an attitude - you'll see). And now... the game just sits there. No end credits, no nothing.

The Elder Druid is supposedly in Hell now. Maybe I could hunt him up and see if he needs an errand run. Or I could find Overseer Lysetta. She's not back in town yet, either.

Is this how the game ends? You just run out of things to do? There really is no proper ending? You're just left standing there in the middle of Aven as everybody says "we're at peace now" as the music plays?

If that's the ending... that sucks.

SHADOW MANCER :evil:
Shadow Mancer
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby lammy » Thu May 26, 2005 4:13 am

You seem upset and I can't help you out with that problem- :D

That does suck- :lol:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

The end of the game

Postby Shadow Mancer » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:14 pm

Okay. I finished the game a while ago. Here's what happens...

You run out of things to do. No ending is given. No credits role. Nothing. Nada. No story plays. Zilch. You just stand in the middle of Aven, the town, like an idiot with nothing to do as everybody else is "at peace."

And that's the game. I ended at Level 31 with nothing more to do.

The creators of this game need SERIOUS help.

SHADOW MANCER :evil:
Shadow Mancer
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby quirky » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:06 pm

I don't play video games. But if it floats your boat, go for it.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:57 am

I think you need to get a refund on that game cause it sounds like they didn't finish creating it-LOL!!

I know how you feel and I would contact the creator and ask them why the game ended like that- :lol:

It's not funny though- :?
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to Off Topic