Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Renne Marriage on the Rocks.

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Postby fluffy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:29 pm

It's a perk of the job............i thought it was well known.....the stars don't have to carry money.....they get so much for free............ :wink:
it's a win-win situation all round...........the companies get free advertising, the stars get their clobber free............

but...........i have to say if i became famous overnight, no amount of pressure would persuade me to endorse some of the tacky, cheap and nasty 'fashion' they wear............some of it would not look out of place on a hooker............i'd sooner pay for Armani or Ralph Lauren than have Donatella fill my wardrobes with her camp, OTT swill................lol..........
But then again i'd probably endorse British designers such as Alice Temperly........Mathew Williamson etc............

Class ain't something that has to have a high price tag.............

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Conor » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:30 pm

i forget were they the ones that just filed for a divorce????
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:43 pm

well kinda.......it's been annulled.............it means they can forget it ever happened legally..............although i'm sure they'll both bear the emotional scars for a while.............

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby comicpisces11 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:54 pm

I know she was using it as an example, i'm just sharing my point of how ridiculously backward "high society" is.
Last edited by comicpisces11 on Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Profound words are not clever. Clever words are not profound. -Verse 81 of the Tao Te Ching
comicpisces11
The Mask

Postby fluffy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:32 am

Absolutely...........i just have to watch 'the Simple Life' to see that.......lol

fluffy :wink: :lol: :lol:

but i do stand by my 'each to their own' philosophy........ultimately it's their lives .......they can get on with it......i have no real interest in money anyway.....i don't covet labels......(except sunglasses.....which i have a weakness for .... :wink: )......i'd rather wear a Scottish cashmere sweater with no name than a Versace nylon/viscose one........it's just personal preference and i guess everyone is entitled to live their lives the way they see fit...................
Last edited by fluffy on Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Conor » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:20 am

lol simple life= total coolness.

THATS LIKE SO HAWTTT!!!!! OMG!!
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Janel » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:00 pm

You are all right--I think I was venting about how unimpressed I was with the celebrities "help". When you have that many millions, it seems a given that you SHOULD help in a substantial way. Truly, I take responsibility for being irritated.....who cares how the hurting receive aid as long as they receive it? My only beef is the accolades from the media..."Oh, wow....$6 million contributed by so and so....that is just AMAZING....*sighs, clasping the heart*" :roll: What about the last $5 that my daughter had that was given up without a second thought?

And here I am, STILL whining.....thanks for listening guys....and I love the gentle way that you all "showed another viewpoint"! :wink:
Janel
The Cable Guy

Postby Conor » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:06 pm

no problem....anytime jani.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby quirky » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:09 pm

fluffy wrote:well kinda.......it's been annulled.............it means they can forget it ever happened legally..............although i'm sure they'll both bear the emotional scars for a while.............

I don't think it's been annulled yet. I think Renee just filed for annullment instead of divorce, citing "fraud" as the reason.

I hope they can remain friends, but citing "fraud" as a reason for annullment seems kind of cruel to me.

I was surprised.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Janel » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:51 pm

I think fraud was the only option of 3 that Rene could choose. The other 2 options are like, mental instability and something else......fraud just means you were lied to--something (information-wise) was withheld. I heard an attorney talking about it on the radio the other day....
Divorce is on your "life-record" forever---you will always be "divorced". With annulment, the 2 parties can honestly say, "I have never been married."!!! In annulment, there can be no kids and no shared property....
Janel
The Cable Guy

Postby mav » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:13 pm

wow! That is some info....
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimliker » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:44 pm

oh geez....this anullment & divorce is all so confusing......only a woman can file anullment or man can also file it????

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Previous

Return to Off Topic