Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey rumoured for role in Ron Howard's next

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Postby Conor » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:45 am

this better happen with Jim or else i will scream.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Gouliovandamn » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:48 pm

i agree..... i would love to see Jim in this movie. He would do such a good job and it would be something new from him.... it would really show off his true talent......
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby fluffy » Mon May 02, 2005 10:32 pm

I've spent the whole weekend reading the Da Vinci Code.....(i'm 3/4 way through)............and i have to say this book is awesome...........
I only read biography and memoir so this is a digression for me but so far i'm impressed at the technical ease he has put this complicated book together............
There has been a lot of talk in the British press about the actual theories so i have been reading it like a detective, trying to find holes in it but so far it's plausible............

As for Jim.......well it could go either way................
Either this book is going to be an automatic Oscar winning bombshell or it will bomb like Pearl Harbour...........

I do think Jim would suit the role of Silas very much............it's a very powerful role primarily beacause it deals with so many emotions....faith, pain, loyalty ,deception, love etc............Plus believe it or not there is also a strong vein of eroticism... the idea of pain, punishment and self flagelation and cleansing..............believe it or not i think Jim has an understanding of maschochism.. and i think he would be able to express that element to an exceptional standard............Plus his physical presence would enable him to have a menacing aura...........

However a film is only as good as the whole cast so it would very much depend on the rest.................i think whoever gets the role of Silas will have the key role...........the story tells itself but Silas is the total embodiment of the themes within..........however, it is a supporting role.........but i think in that genre Jim could act the cast off the screen....

Then again, there will be public outrage when this is released......there no doubt will be the death threats from nutters and protestors claiming it blasphemus...................perhaps it will be too hot to be associated with..........
i'll await this one with interest..............

fluffy :P
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Gouliovandamn » Tue May 03, 2005 12:43 am

i still think that Jim would be awsome in this role. I've read the book and i totally understand what you mean byt the underlying themes of the book in Silas. i think this movie will do very well. the book has sold so many copies, that i think lots of people wil go and see the adaptation to film. especially with tom hanks and possibly Jim Carrey (assuming this role would be completely different from anything he has done in the past).
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby fluffy » Thu May 05, 2005 4:31 am

Well i am absolutely crawling the wall with insomnia tonight.......
Well i've tried Horlics, i've tried watching The 'Open University' lectures on TV....ZZZZZZzzzz..........and i've done some more writing but the creative juices are a bit sleepy.........but sadly not enough to nod off...

So i finished the Da Vinci Code...............and i have to say i really enjoyed the book..........a real page turner.....
However i am saddened by 1 thing.................
Silas snuffs it b4 he gets to bonnie Scotland.............IT'S NOT FAIR!!! :cry:
However, reading the final pieces of his life/experience has made me convinced it's a role Jim could do great justice................

I reckon i can see him at the end of his scene on the damp grass, on his knees, the morning dew around, the morning mist rising.......the drizzle soaking through his hair and running down his brow as he looks up to his god, eyes full of tears and rain, hands clasped in final prayer...........and despite the hideous crimes we are left feeling that he himself was a victim of circumstance........and as the morning light begins to break through the mist and his body surrenders we are left questioning whether or not he will be received by his god................
ok perhaps i've made it sound a bit cheesy but the key is in the facial expression and the emotion in the eyes of Silas......

AAAAhhh............i just had to get that of my chest :wink: .....

Last edited by fluffy on Thu May 05, 2005 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Thu May 05, 2005 6:12 am

I'd rather see him play Langdon. So sue me.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu May 05, 2005 11:03 am

HHHmmm.................i see Langdon as a more minor male star........which of course it will be, if Tom Hanks plays it :wink: .........It has to be someone who can look about 45...........you can't have a 20 year old professor with his knowledge
What about Matt Damon or Jude Law??..............there needs to be a sexual frisson between Sophie and Bob...........i'm not sure Tom would have that spark............

Och either way Jim could do an art film of Himself sitting on the toilet and we'd probably all love it..............heheheh :lol:

fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby mav » Thu May 05, 2005 3:28 pm

I haven't read the book; it might be good. But I wouldn't like a movie based on it. Never liked murder mysteries; this is a far-fetched one IMO.

Religious fanaticism. No, thank you. Too serious. I'd rather someone be a victim of some non-religious order like, say, Amnesty International.
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Clemmy » Thu May 05, 2005 4:49 pm

There is rumor that Christopher Eccleston is being considered for the part of Silas (Boooooooooo!!!). Well, the rumor is from The Mirror, so it's probably not true...

Da Vinci Code is a great book with an interesting plot, which will make a good and controversial movie. I look forward to it.
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri May 06, 2005 1:21 am

HE'D MAKE A BETTER LANGDON.................the role of Silas i reckon is The crucial one for this film if it's handled sensitively.........if they just want a lumbering muderer then they should just get Hulk Hogan......

fluffy
JCO Staff

Previous

Return to Upcoming Movies