You are here:
Sonic the Hedgehog Passes $250 Million At The Global Box Office01 Mar 2020
By Tommy Pihl (Web correspondent)
"Sonic the Hedgehog" settled for second place but declined by only 39% and captured another estimate of $16 million in sales. Its domestic cume is over $128 million as it is now just few days of the $131 million domestic run for "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider", which will make it the second highest grossing video game adaptation of all-time.
Internationally, Sonic added another $26.8 million from 62 markets for a $137 million overseas cume. This weekend saw the movie add another six territories including a $2 million opening in Indonesia and an estimated $1 million in Poland. The movie has now reached over 75% of the international marketplace with a March 27 release set for Japan and a China date still up in the air.
Sonic has grossed $265 million worldwide on its way to over $350+ million.
Top grossing Jim Carrey movies in USA
This weekend Sonic the Hedgehog passed Dumb & Dumber at the box office and is close to Jim Carrey's top 5 of best grossing movies in USA.
1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) - $260.0 million
2. Bruce Almighty (2003) - $242.8 million
3. Batman Forever (1995) - $184.0 million
4. Liar Liar (1997) - $181.4 million
5. Horton Hears a Who! (2008) - $154.5 million
6. A Christmas Carol (2009) - $137.9 million
7. Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) - $128.2 million
8. Dumb & Dumber (1994) - $127.1 million
We at JCO will keep you updated as more news come.
-- Source: Box Office Mojo. Click to comment this article.
» Send to friend
« Newer article | Overview | Older article »