Jim Carrey Online

Sequels irritating?

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Sequels irritating?

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:52 am

does it REALLY bug anyone else how they make sequels and prequels without Jim in it, though it is based on a Jim movie? I hate that.. if you cant get the real thing.. DONT DO IT! its real simple... but people keep making them.. its driving me nuts. They are ruining the image of the first ones by making crappy second ones.. of course for me, the image could never be ruined cause i love them sooo much...but for other people.. you say... "Have you seen dumb and dumber" and they reply with... "Have you seen dumb and dumber 2? It was horrible."
I WASNT TALKING about the second one.. WTF! They dont think of it like i do... the sequels pretty much having nothing to do with the first ones.. they are nothing alike.. take son of the mask for an example.. that was NOTHING like the first.. i dont even need to see it to know that. They turned it into a cheesy kids movie.. that is such crap!!! GOD ... there should be a petiton or something....

"NO MAKING SEQUELS TO Jim Carrey MOVIES UNLESS HE IS IN IT" i would sign it.. and fine print would read...

That also includes, prequels and trilogies. Spank you very much!

A-holes! lol... but seriously.. does this bug anyone else?
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby KC8t80 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:00 am

it does bug me but treat them not as sequals but spin-offs. the only way they can be labled a sequel (or prequel) is if the same characters, which Dumber and Dumberer had but the reason they do it is because they distrubutors know that people will watch them regardless of who is in it. so it is basically about the All Mighty Dollar. but their are instances that the director or writer feels that they can do more and further a story.

but in the case of "Jim-sequels"......it's basically about money.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby MandyCarrey » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:14 pm

i agree, these people know how much these Jim movies like dumb and dumber make money wise.. they want to make the same money by doing a crappy seaquel or preaquel.

hope that made sense... did many Jim fans go see the dumb and dumberer movie?... i did.. and im sorry but to be honest i thought it was good. but i dint even bother with the son of the mask now tht did look really crap.
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:41 pm

i ended up seeing dumb and dumberer... but it wasnt that bad.. but it wasnt the greatest either. But The son of mask.. i absolutly REFUSE!!!!!! no f-ing way!

Its all about the money. Its so stupid.. make sequels and prequels to other ppls movies.. not jims...ARG!

i think i might consider seeing Evan Almightly though.. if it doesnt look as stupid as th mask 2 was... is Morgan Freeman in the second one.. cause if they are actually going to go through with this and make a different GOD ... then that is pathetic.. you cant make a different god. I hope this doesnt ruin how amazing Bruce Almighty was.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby fluffy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:44 pm

yeah i quite enjoyed watching dumb and dumberer in a brain dead kinda way.........lol......it was ok...... :wink:

fluffy :wink:
Last edited by fluffy on Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby MandyCarrey » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:27 pm

yeh... i hope most of the same cast are in evan almighty.. but i havnt really looked into it that much so i dont really know much about the film atall.... obviously the guy who played evan will be again... :?
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:04 pm

wait.... whos evan?.. wait...

OHHHH omg.. thats what they are doing ... oh sh*t... i get that now... i never knew they were.... OHHH... lol.. anyways... sry bout that.. i just realized that they were taking someone out of the movie as the new person. Ok ... thats not as bad..

oh.. and morgan freeman is in it.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby Niobe » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:41 pm

I don't really mind if they make sequels/prequels/spin offs of Jim films. You could look at it as a kind of flattery. Not that I'd particularly watch them. But I wouldn't overly criticise. That's Hollywood after all.

As for Son of Mask......I saw most of it on Sky Movies over the holidays. It was on....people started watching...it was bad...often embarrassing....but you know, I wouldn't tell them not to make it. Someone somewhere must like it. Lol.
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:16 pm

Niobe wrote:I don't really mind if they make sequels/prequels/spin offs of Jim films. You could look at it as a kind of flattery. Not that I'd particularly watch them. But I wouldn't overly criticise. That's Hollywood after all.

As for Son of Mask......I saw most of it on Sky Movies over the holidays. It was on....people started watching...it was bad...often embarrassing....but you know, I wouldn't tell them not to make it. Someone somewhere must like it. Lol.

Wow...you spoke my thoughts.

Plus, there are so many REAL things that happen, it's not worth it to get that upset about a sequel.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby MandyCarrey » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:36 pm

yeh that is hollywood... and it shows that jims original film was so oopular people want to add seaquels.. i get what you guys are saying.. lol :D
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby KC8t80 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:16 pm

well said Niobe and Quriky. =D>

KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby gothichyppie » Mon May 22, 2006 6:47 am

I obviously hate those random sequels! I mean how much money can you waste? Jim must also be pretty pissed!
---[...]------
gothichyppie
Burt Wonderstone

Postby KC8t80 » Mon May 22, 2006 9:49 pm

when you think about.....making original movies tends to be vehicles to creating new franchisces, which include sequals. so it is inevitable that sequals happen when an original idea ends up having a fan base.

KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to Upcoming Movies