Jim Carrey Online

Not a "Jim Carrey movie"

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

How many Jim Carrey movies do you think not just is funny?

40%
10%
20%
10%
No votes
Other...
20%

Total votes : 10

Not a "Jim Carrey movie"

Postby Realdini » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:37 pm

I was going to sleep at my friend and 3 other was going with me.
We should was loads of movies so i took some Jim Carrey movies with me.
My friends do really not like Jim Carrey.. they like him but they think he can be too much sometimes.. so i show them "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" and they really enjoyed it....
I think its beacus lemony snickets not is sooo much "fun".. the movie is very good and fun but i dont think its like "ace venture" or "Bruce almighty".
Its a litte bit sad and and its fun to....I think its good to se Jim in movies that not just is fun.. like " the cable guy".. thats not just funny things in it and it makes it more fun to se for people that not enoy the way that Jim Carrey is funny :D
I really think that Lemony Snicket's is a good movie
Last edited by Realdini on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
"And thats the way the cookie crumbles"
Realdini
Yes Man

Postby KC8t80 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:14 pm

I know what u mean.....i went through that i kind of situation before. it is amazing that u can change someone's opinion in just one viewing of a movie w/ a star they are not really in to.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:03 am

i know what you mean by not a typical Jim Carrey movie, but change is always good, and you gotta love classic Jim aswell, its just Jim. i have people not liking Jim, and for some reason they make it a point that they have to tell. randomlypeople will be like i dont like Jim Carrey, to me, just cause everyone knows how much i love him. i dot care. i also noticed people either love or hate Jim, never usually an in between unless they are trying to ake for ur sake lol.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby jimjohn88 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:42 pm

I think Eternal Sunshine is not really funny, the others are all comedys, so I think that`s funny
jimjohn88
Introducing Janet

Postby fluffy » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:51 pm

i like him best when he puts himself on the line............when he's being as genuine and as authentic as is possible, for an actor to be in a role...

He can do sensitive and troubled like no other..............but of course he can do crazy and zany too..............i just think there's something so real about his character when he taps into himself............Thats's what Joel was all about.........there were glimpses of it in Dumb and Dumber and i cried myself into hysteria in the dying scenes of MOTM.........lol........
I've said this so many times now............but he's a very dark horse.......the best is yet to come :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Return to (2004) Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events