Jim Carrey Online

Discuss The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and PSP.

Postby comicpisces11 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:28 pm

I feel very silly sharing this, but I figure out of everyone I know, you all will be the only ones who may appreciate it somehow. Anytime he does these appearances I record them. I've done so since I was young. Everytime he's done an appearance (that I've seen anyhow), he discusses something I'm going through or a book he's reading (that I happen to be reading also or just finished reading), whether it be jokingly or seriously. This time I waited to see what it could be...

Today I was working with some friends of mine when I started going off on how angry I am that we can't say "Merry Christmas" anymore. I had been listening to the radio earlier in the day and they were sharing stories of people getting fired, etc. for saying "Merry Christmas". They are calling "Christmas Trees" "Holiday Trees". I still celebrate Christmas even though I don't consider myself a "Christian" (closest I can get to calling myself anything is a "Taoist"), but i feel it's tradition that I will always celebrate and will continue to tell others "Merry Christmas". I am not offended if someone wishes me a "Happy Chinese New Year" even though I'm not Chinese, so what?! Anywho, I was the ring leader for this conversation and guess what he talked about?

The other thing was a little "wink". I just wrote this joke about the Jodie Foster movie "Contact" and just used it the day before on stage. It was something I had been worried about, but it worked well. It got laughs. Well, his whole opening "falling in the chair" thing was ended with "I watched Contact". I just thought it was funny. Could be coincidental but what can I say? I'm a dreamer. 8)
Profound words are not clever. Clever words are not profound. -Verse 81 of the Tao Te Ching
comicpisces11
The Mask

Postby jimlover » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:32 pm

wow he looks gr8 as usual. :D
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:36 pm

Merry Christmas" anymore. I had been listening to the radio earlier in the day and they were sharing stories of people getting fired, etc. for saying "Merry Christmas". They are calling "Christmas Trees" "Holiday Trees".

Yeah in Britain there's been a lot of controversy regarding naming the season.............and instead of Xmas.......Birmingham is calling it Winterfest..................lol...............and other cities are doing the same........
I think rather than under emphasise Xmas to keep non Christians happy we should celebrate their holy dates too................
If we're multi cultural then there should be no probs there...........except there are always obstacles.........

lol.................yeah i think he's got his spies and contacts out there.........lol........who knows what will crop up if something 'tickles his pickle'......... :wink:

fluffy :wink:

PS...
I'm a dreamer.
-CP11

Hooray, i'm not alone then..........lol...........i'm a terminal dreamer........lol
Last edited by fluffy on Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby omnipresence » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:54 pm

Is there any way you could get the whole thing up for download. I know it must be a big file but it would be great if someone could do that.[/b]
"You Cant Stop Me No Matter Who You Are"
omnipresence
Burt Wonderstone

Postby thecablegal » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:55 pm

Lol, Birmingham are calling it Winterfest? Are they insane? :lol:
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

They showed Jim eating.....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:59 pm

What was he eating when he was walking down the hallway??
Anyone know??
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Re: They showed Jim eating.....

Postby quirky » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:01 pm

Canadian Jayne wrote:What was he eating when he was walking down the hallway??
Anyone know??

Probably a granola bar.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby KC8t80 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:23 pm

i missed the interview because i had to work.....is there a repeat coming on anytime soon....or can i buy a copy of the interview......i would say send me a link to watch online but i have a crappy connection.......thanxs in advance if anyone can help.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreyd away » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:57 pm

If you get the Oxygen Channel (or O as they call it) they rerun the Ellen Show the week after it plays, so it will be shown on Tues the 20th at 11 PM (PST) But you better record it cause he's on Conan that night at 11:30!
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby quirky » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:31 pm

carreyd away wrote:If you get the Oxygen Channel (or O as they call it) they rerun the Ellen Show the week after it plays, so it will be shown on Tues the 20th at 11 PM (PST) But you better record it cause he's on Conan that night at 11:30!

You are the most helpfullest person in the World!!
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby thecablegal » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:36 pm

But then how would you record Conan?
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:32 am

The other thing was a little "wink". I just wrote this joke about the Jodie Foster movie "Contact" and just used it the day before on stage. It was something I had been worried about, but it worked well. It got laughs. Well, his whole opening "falling in the chair" thing was ended with "I watched Contact". I just thought it was funny. Could be coincidental but what can I say? I'm a dreamer.

He says "I've got contact"
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby comicpisces11 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:17 am

Actually , Cotton, he says "I saw 'Contact'". We were both wrong. :?
Profound words are not clever. Clever words are not profound. -Verse 81 of the Tao Te Ching
comicpisces11
The Mask

Postby cotton » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:37 am

Aaahhh yes you are right!lol

Maybe Jim is hiding in your bushes. My mom jokes that Jim is hiding in my bushes cause he does things that my husband does. Like he is my copying my husband or something. There are many things Jim has done in his movies AFTER my husband has already done it. If he ever does a movie where he is working at an airport and gets his tie caught in somebody's suitcase right before the person walks away with it. Then I know it is time to file a lawsuit. :lol:
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:57 am

lol................well i wish i could say 'i made contact'.............lol......

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

PreviousNext

Return to (2005) Fun With Dick And Jane