Jim Carrey Online

Reader's Digest June 2005

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Reader's Digest June 2005

Postby TNPihl » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:25 pm

This month's issue of Reader's Digest Magazine June 2005 (Canadian Edition) features Jim Carrey on the cover and in the article "Send In the Clowns".

Send in the Clowns Line Abrahamian
Made-in-Canada comedians take their show on the road…to Hollywood

For details about subscribing to Canadian Reader's Digest Magazine click here.

With thanks to Kim Beazer
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:44 am

Just the Canadian one? Not the A'mercan one?
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:54 am

The U.S. one has Tom stinkin' Cruise on the cover. :evil:
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:55 am

Is the story in it?
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:51 am

www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:35 am

Do people actually buy Readers digest over there..........?..........in the Uk we are constantly being hunted down to take out a subscription........

No-one gets it here..........but i think it might be a little too straight for the British...........we have seriously perverse senses of humour and interest.....and our most beloved of commentators and journalists are positively scathing towards their subjects........i doubt readers digest would like it.........

fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:45 pm

My grandma subscribes.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:50 pm

:oops: ...............i meant it's probably too gentille and politically correct for us British Heathens............
no offence to your grandma......i'm sure it's a great magazine..........

:wink: fluffy
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:39 pm

There's lots of cool stuff in it. "It pays to enrich your word power" "Humor in Uniform" "All in a Day's work".

I remember that my mom once had a story she wanted to submit to it. She was in nurses training and had to give her first bed bath. The patient was a very nice black woman. Mom was really nervous, and I guess it showed because the lady said to her, "Don't worry honey, they ain't gonna be able to tell if you get me clean."

I think she DID submit it, but at the time it was probably considered too politically incorrect to be published.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:06 pm

lol.............that reminds me of an old school chum who was training to be a nurse...........
She was on placement in a geriatric dementia ward and there was a really sweet little old lady........well, her 'party trick' was to dump everywhere except the loo............in corners, on people's knitting, in vases...you name it she dumped there!..............well, one day the nurses were overwhelmed by a strong stench of turd..........so they checked everyone and everywhere to no avail............then tea-time came and when they went to the nurses tea room the stench was unbearable....then they noticed the oven was on............yes you've guessed it ....'mary' when questioned said she'd wanted to cook them a litle treat for their tea......... :wink:
Well, Karen became rather fond of the old dear and spent time with her..but the time to leave came and when Karen said her goodbyes 'mary' gave her a box, all beautifully wrapped with bows etc.....she said it was a present to thank her for her kindness........... well, when Karen opened the box...............yep!!!..............a turd in all it's glory.......... :wink:

i rather liked that story.............. :lol:

fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:29 am

I've read the Readers Digest a couple of time when I was younger-them hage good stories in them, and recepies, games,-it is a good healthy book- :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby comicpisces11 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:30 am

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my GOD!!! That turd story has made my night. It is 1:30 AM and I am laughing my butt off. I can't stand it. My whole stand up routine...out the window...nothing can compare to the turd story...in all its glory. I am crying now. Oh geez...I can't take it. Thank you sooooo much for that! I will now laugh myself to sleep (if that's possible)! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I ever tell you that I love turd stories? Seriously...I needed that.
Profound words are not clever. Clever words are not profound. -Verse 81 of the Tao Te Ching
comicpisces11
The Mask

Postby comicpisces11 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:33 am

PS - I have a few Reader's Digest in my bathroom. Yes I do sometimes read when on the loo.
Profound words are not clever. Clever words are not profound. -Verse 81 of the Tao Te Ching
comicpisces11
The Mask

Postby fluffy » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:28 am

ok..........here's another..........lol............

ages ago i used to work in the local employment office.............people would come in to look for jobs and sign for their 'dole' money.............(you've seen the full Monty...........that's kinda the scene..lol).......

well one particulary scruffy looking bloke was looking VERY agitated and hopping from one leg to another................the cue was moving VERY slowly..........about 25 mins and he was practically howling in agitation..........lol..........
well all of a sudden he lifted his trouser leg and shook his leg................and out plopped a turd onto the carpet.... in front of the whole office and all the punters............then he ran away...............

However he hadn't signed for his cash so he had no choice but to come back in the Afternoon.............lol.......when he came back he had the cheek to say ' i think i left something behind this morning' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fluffy :P

lol............i have more turd tales...........lol.........(what does that say about me :shock: :lol: :lol: )...............lol
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby xmassmurdere » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:58 pm

its early morning and im already dying of laughter
xmassmurdere
Horton Hears a Who!

Return to Stop The Press!