Jim Carrey Online

Oscar - Nominee List

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Oscar - Nominee List

Postby TNPihl » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:52 pm

Jim Carrey was not nominated. :cry: 2 Eternal Sunshine nominations and 4 Lemony Snicket nominations. :D Big congrats to Kate Winslet.

What do you think of the nominations?

Actress In a Leading Role
Annette Bening - Being Julia
Catalina Sandino Moreno - Maria Full of Grace
Imelda Staunton - Vera Drake
Hilary Swank - Million Dollar Baby
Kate Winslet - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Art Direction
The Aviator
Finding Neverland
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
The Phantom of the Opera
A Very Long Engagement

Costume Design
The Aviator
Finding Neverland
Ray
Troy

Makeup
The Passion of the Christ
THE SEA INSIDE

Music (score)
Finding Neverland
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Passion of the Christ
The Village

Writing (Original Screenplay)
The Aviator
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Hotel Rwanda
The Incredibles
Vera Drake

Jim Carrey was NOT nominated in this category:

Actor in a Leading Role
Don Cheadle - Hotel Rwanda
Johnny Depp - Finding Neverland
Leonardo DiCaprio - The Aviator
Clint Eastwood - Million Dollar Baby
Jamie Foxx - Ray
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby joy » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:24 pm

The members of the Academy really don`t like him,but I`ll bet you the first time he`ll get nominated he`ll win.Here are the winners(not because I like them but because I think they`ll win):
Actress In a Leading Role:Annette Bening - Being Julia
Costume Design:Troy
Makeup:Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Writing (Original Screenplay):ESOTM
Actor in a Leading Role:Clint Eastwood - Million Dollar Baby
Music (score):The Passion of the Christ
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE:Alan Alda - THE AVIATOR
ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE:Cate Blanchett - THE AVIATOR
Best Picture:RAY
joy
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby musicnmoviesgal » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:50 pm

I never understood the Academy Awards and I STILL don't understand them. I understand that Jim Carrey grew up as a funny man comedian when he was younger and for some god awful reason the Academy doesn't acknowledge comedians. And yet Robin Williams has recieved awards and he's funny. So my question to the Academy would be, what makes Jim so different? And after the Truman Show I lost all respect for the Academy. They'll nominate just about everyone else who doesn't need an award cuz they already have a plate full of Oscars as it is. I believe that the Academy doesn't like Jim for the fact that he's talented and for the first time actually did a very very serious role and does not get recognized, and YET Kate Winslet does. If you have one getting nominated the other should get nominated as well, REGARDLESS. The Academy sucks...period.
musicnmoviesgal
Copper Mountain

Postby Lynne Margulies » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:11 pm

I had such high hopes for this year. I was watching Eternal Sunshine the ohter night and was telling my friends that I would just be happy if he was nominated. I know he would not have won. He would have been up against the "golden boy" jamie fox. But i would have loved to woke up this morning and heard or seen his name.
It really breaks my heart. He is so talanted and the freakin politics of the Acadmey gets in the way everytime.
I KNOW that is all it is...they have some personal thing against him and that stops them from rewarding his talent!
Lynne Margulies

Postby Arutnev Eca » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:24 pm

It's sad not to see a nomination for Jim in the Best Actor category. As it was with The Truman Show, Man On The Moon and The Majestic.
They don't like him, but they should be impartial... this is becoming ridiculous.

And no nomination for ESOTSM in the Best Picture category? That's beyond absurd.

ESOTSM should win the Writing award and ASOUE should win at least the Art Direction one.

Congratulations and good luck to all the ESOTSM and ASOUE nominees.
Arutnev Eca
The Dead Pool

JUST HAS TOO!

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:31 pm

LEMONY just has to get something!!!!!
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby MrsCarreyToBe » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:32 pm

like all the same movies are nominated in every catagory :x
MrsCarreyToBe
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Postby SA JCFan » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:55 pm

I'm not surprised that Jim was looked over. Consider the competition that came out during the holidays. ESOTSM would've had a better chance if it stuck to its original release date. Still, woohoo for Kate! I thought she'd get one for "Finding Neverland" but this is just as good.
SA JCFan
The Cable Guy

Postby Riddler » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:25 pm

Lynne Margulies wrote:I had such high hopes for this year. I was watching Eternal Sunshine the ohter night and was telling my friends that I would just be happy if he was nominated. I know he would not have won. He would have been up against the "golden boy" jamie fox. But i would have loved to woke up this morning and heard or seen his name.
It really breaks my heart. He is so talanted and the freakin politics of the Acadmey gets in the way everytime.
I KNOW that is all it is...they have some personal thing against him and that stops them from rewarding his talent!

This is exactly what I´m thinking too. This is really becoming ridiculous. I can´t believe this... If they don´t like him as a person, it SHOULD NOT influence. Their work is to criticize Jims work as an actor on screen and as we all know, he really was awesome!
Those politics of Academy should ignore their own attitude and be impartial. Now they are not. I´ll bet that if someone else had done the role of Joel, he would be nominated.
Hopefully Jim knows that he has us fans and for us he is always number one actor.
Riddle me this...Riddle me that! Who's afraid of the big black bat?
Riddler
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby jimliker » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:46 pm

i am so angry at the Academy Awards ........they seem like fake :( :shock: :? :x :cry: :evil: :roll:

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Whatever....Grrrr...

Postby FutureStar1977 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:56 pm

I am particularly disturbed that Jim was not nominated because I feel that ESOTSM is Jim's most Oscar worthy performance yet.

Yes, he has done fabulous in all his roles. But this one was very different and stood out in my mind.

All the hype all year about how wonderful ESOTSM is and all those good reviews and raves about how fabulous Jim's performance was! And still.......nothing.

Jim knows he is growing as an actor and we know he is wonderful. So technically, he does not need some fancy award.

But it would still be nice to see him nominated and given the recognition that he deserves.
Jim Carrey Is My Inspiration!-
http://www.jimcarreyworld.com
FutureStar1977

Postby musicnmoviesgal » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:21 pm

my feeling on this as to why the Academy passed up such talent ONCE AGAIN is cuz they probably feel if they did nominate Jim and he did WIN that he would basically take run of the show and make the Academy look bad becuz Jim's got the reputation of goofing off. IMHO, i believe that to be bs..the problem is the Academy has never given this man a chance to be recognized. This was one of Jim's best performances yet and the Academy has turned their heads against him once again.
musicnmoviesgal
Copper Mountain

Postby idle kid city » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:05 am

I am particularly disturbed that Jim was not nominated because I feel that ESOTSM is Jim's most Oscar worthy performance yet.

Yes, he has done fabulous in all his roles. But this one was very different and stood out in my mind.

All the hype all year about how wonderful ESOTSM is and all those good reviews and raves about how fabulous Jim's performance was! And still.......nothing.

Jim knows he is growing as an actor and we know he is wonderful. So technically, he does not need some fancy award.

But it would still be nice to see him nominated and given the recognition that he deserves.

Very well put, I agree.
idle kid city
Man on the Moon

Postby Analia » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:46 am

:( When i watched the tv this morning, i was hoping to hear his name. I felt sad. i agree with most of you. He deserved to be nominated. he made a wonderful job in Eternal Sunshine. on the other hand, the film was nominated. Well, :lol: I hope he will be presented some award in the Oscars. :P
Analia

Postby samurai_cable » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:30 am

musicnmoviesgal wrote:my feeling on this as to why the Academy passed up such talent ONCE AGAIN is cuz they probably feel if they did nominate Jim and he did WIN that he would basically take run of the show and make the Academy look bad becuz Jim's got the reputation of goofing off.

EXACTLY!! Just because Jim did comedies before, it doesn't mean he can't be recognised for his serious roles!! grrr..... :evil:

....................................................... *muttering*

so, yeah, Congratulations to Kate!! And I really hope she wins!! Same to all the Lemony Snicket nominations! They should really get something, like costume or make-up :)

Eternal Sunshine should win the Original Screenplay~

And..... because Jim isn't in that list.... I hope Johnny Depp wins, his performance was really good in Finding Neverland!! I really enjoyed that movie~
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Next

Return to Stop The Press!