Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Do you like jury duty

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Do you enjoy going to jury duty?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes : 1

Do you like jury duty

Postby cotton » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:52 pm

I went to Jury duty once for the for the first time about 2 years ago. I got picked and it lasted for 2 whole days. It was sssssoooooo boring. The people went to court because they had a fight at a flea market and this guy was throwing things like ice skates at another person and stuff and the sad part is the bad guy got away with it cause there was no proof that he actually threw the ice skates. I was glad I wasn't picked as the leader because I wouldn't have wanted to stand up and tell everyone that person was innocent. The person that had to do that was in tears.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby carreypunkrawker » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:35 pm

yeah, jury duty is no fun, but I think the people make us go because it proves a point. That people sue and go to court over the most ridiculous things, and two, that it teaches us to not go to court over the same ridiculous things and make other jurors have to sit in on such boring and petty things. That's what I think. My parents come back from jury duty with similar stories about liars who go to court and win because therre's not proof or the liars who go to court and lose and they're the ones who were suing in the first place. It's petty and it teaches us about the real world and what pettiness really is.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby cotton » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:56 am

Yes that is true. I wonder if Jim goes to jury duty. Do you think they make celebrities go too? So far the only celebrity that I heard went to jury duty was Oprah. So I wonder if they let celebrities slip through the cracks.
cotton
JCO Staff

Return to Off Topic