Jim Carrey Online

Lemony Snicket - post when you see it

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby willsmithandjimcarreyfan » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:36 am

saw it tonight and thought it was fantastic!! Jim's performance was simply great! :)
willsmithandjimcarreyfan
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby carreypunkrawker » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:00 am

I didn't read any of the reviews of the movie so I can't criticize critics on what they thought. I quit reading reviews of movies because I hate critics. They love the bad movies and they hate the good movies. That's all there is to it. Every once in awhile they'll rate a good one good.

I saw it today and I loooooooooooved it. I thought they skipped over a lot though. I wish they wouldn't have done that. I wanted to see more Jim. hahaha. yeah, Jim did overact but that was Jim playing Count Olaf. Critics are soooooo stupid. I wish they'd have read the books.

I loved the movie but I wish it was longer. anyways, I'm out. nice posts everyone!

I also like the message that no matter how bad things get, family is always there and to always look on the bright side of all the unfortunate things that happen in your life!
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby Nicole Fiction » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:22 pm

Saw it last night. Of course, I arrived here as soon as I could to post. To begin with I have never read the books. I honestly don't know anyone who has. Therefore, I was a bit confused with certain plot elements. There were a few things that weren't really explained and I had to do a bit of guess-work. Other than that, I loved Count Olaf. He was so completely over-the-top, but in a good way. I woiuld have been happy to see a movie centered around him instead of the kiddies. Jim was perfect. I felt sorry for him, though. The make-up looked amazing and also quite difficult to wear. The movie was so...pretty, for lack of a better word. I enjoyed spending sometime in their world. I also loved the jokes that played off the audience being an audience. There were several times the movie acknowledged that it was a movie. So, I enjoyed it.
Nicole Fiction
The Truman Show

Postby asiebarth » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:17 pm

I thought that this was a good movie.

I do agree with the earlier post that Jim was supposed to be overly dramatic as Count Olaf. That's why he appears to be a scene stealer, that's what Olaf was. He really played the character well!

I would have liked to have seen more material brought in from those first three books. Definitely more about the children going over to Justice Strauss' house. I guess it is hard to fit it all in a two hour movie though.

I liked the ending of the wedding in the book better than in the movie. I guess they wanted to do it that way in the movie so that the secret of the Baudelaire fire could be revealed.

I thought that Meryl Streep did a great job playing Aunt Josephine. The dialogue of Sunny was also excellent. Sunny provided most of the comic relief in the movie. The two twins who played her were very good.

I also thought the beginning with the Littlest elf was neat!

I give it 3 and a half stars!
asiebarth
High Strung

Postby Unchained » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:02 am

I finally saw it today. I loved it! My whole family loved it! Jim was great in it. :D
Unchained
The Majestic

Postby Christinebean2u » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:08 am

:D
Last edited by Christinebean2u on Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christinebean2u
The Duck Factory

A seriously unfortunate event!!

Postby spider(S) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:36 pm

It was unfortunate that this movie was just 94 minutes long. It was unfortunate that Jim Carrey only used up 20 of the 94 minutes. It was even more unfortunate that the orphans didnt have more aunts or uncles. It was unfortunate that Jim didnt marry that little peach of a girl .
Jesus Christ!! one of the best movies of the year. I would say the best I have seen this year. I think what separates Jim from the rest is his incredible use of animated facial expressions. I have not seen another actor so capable of doing it. My only regret is that Jim isnt taking on roles that zoom in on his serious side. He would be a great character acter and a sure oscar winner. The only thing that keeps an oscar away from Jim is his own choice of characters. Just one movie without histrionics focusing on his serious side with slap stick comedy would give him an oscar. I think I have the ideal story for him to act. A love story but not on the lines of Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind. I think he should discard the depressed look as well.
Nevertheless,
Well done OLAF!
SPIDER SIGNS OFF!
spider(S)

Postby Christinebean2u » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:45 pm

:D
Last edited by Christinebean2u on Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christinebean2u
The Duck Factory

Ive seen it

Postby Smokin » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:09 pm

I saw it a few days a go but didn't have to come on the comp so anyway this was an absloute great film. Although the tale of the story is sad Jim Carrey gives this magical humour to it but he doesn't ruin the sadness. I think Jim deserves around of applause for this movie off everybody in the whole wide world. I know that i wont shut up about it till the next film he brings out in the cinemas much like my friend Little Miss Carrey.

No-one can say anything bad about this film as no-one can say anything bad about our truely beloved Jim. Seeing this movie is one of the events of the year for me as i have not been a Jim fan for long.

Merry Grinchmas :grinch:

Luv Smokin

P.s Hiya Little Miss Carrey
Smokin
Once Bitten

Hey Christine!

Postby spider(S) » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:27 pm

I am concerned that he is already gonna be 42 and he hasn't won a single Oscar. I think that Jim has to get meaty roles like Tom Hanks does. He just has to get recognized as an actor par excellence instead of a comedian par excellence. We all know that he is capable of anything and everything. He should try acting in a musical comedy without histrionics. Would be a nice twist to his career. Thanks for replying christine.
SPIDER
spider(S)

Postby perequita » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:40 am

I went to Lemony Snicket yesterday.

I think it is some of Jim's finest work.

Perequita from New England
:wink:
perequita

Postby ywrmom » Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:46 pm

:) We took our 2 kids - 9 & 6 to see Lemony Snicket last weekend. It was soooo good! Our kids love Jim Carrey anyway, so they were already excited to see a movie w/ him in it. The characters were fun, I didn't think anything was too scary. Loved the imagination! BIG bonus - it was a CLEAN movie! You don't get that very often these days in the theaters. One swear word - no nudity - loved it!
Jim Carrey is very talented.
ywrmom

Postby Jim-aholic » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:25 pm

Went to see it last friday, and I loved it... Jim is marvelous as Count Olaf. And I bet he loved playing him!!

Good job!
bumblebeetuna... bumblebeetuna!!
Jim-aholic
High Strung

Postby roz » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:27 pm

I absolutely enjoyed this movie :!: .. i am very happy... JC is the best!!!!!!! i love the movie!!!!!! :D
Jim Carrey IS THE BEST ACTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN
roz
Once Bitten

I saw LS on the 17th, and Jim on the 14th!

Postby Jimlover1 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:27 pm

The movie was ok, i have not read the books.
I preper to seeJim look more like his normal
GORGEOUS self, preferably nude :lol:
Im looking forward to seeing Fun With Dick & Jane
when it comes out next year.I dontt think LS will
come anywhere near the 19 times I saw Bruce Almighty in
theaters. I expect to see LS maybe a few more
times. Well, gotta run. Still loving Jimmy wamh...
Carol Carrey :D
ps. please dont get me confused with the other
girl who calls herself jimlover, or with jimliker.
To Jim-I love you more than words can say,
my biggest dream in life is to marry you someday.-your future wife, Carol Carrey
aka Jimlover1
ps. or at least a date!
Jimlover1
Under the Sea 3D

PreviousNext

Return to (2004) Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events