Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey Statement about Lawsuit

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Re: Jim Carrey Statement about Lawsuit.

Postby AdaL » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:52 pm

EvaAraujo wrote:
AdaL wrote:
Ah, right.
No worries. Maybe best just to leave them both open in that case, then? For anyone who wants to catch up on everything, there may be important info that gets lost if one's closed and falls off the radar.

Closing just means no one can post anything in it but whatever was already done is still there for anyone to see.

Oh yeah, sure, I was just thinking that other threads would eventually bury it.
AdaL
The Majestic

Re: :(

Postby AdaL » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:40 pm

This one was posted on the comments section of his commencement speech on FB:

"Jim Carrey...love this guy...he's a good one...I was fortunate to meet him in New York by chance...I was singing in a gospel choir in New York City - All Angels back in the 90's...it was a choir that was diverse with upper east side peoples, students (which is what I was) and homeless peoples and I loved every minute of the connection we all had..we had choir rehearsal that day and everyone was hanging out on the stairs when Jim Carrey pulled up in a limo and brought out a tremendous fruit platter and began serving everyone and talking to them...he was a real person and I'll never forget his kindness to everyone.."
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby AdaL » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:46 pm

This guy is a film teacher in New Orleans posted on the SNL FB page:

"Know who my friends repeatedly say is the nicest guy on set, always making people laugh, even "just" PAs and interns? Jim Carrey the nicest guy in showbiz..."
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby AdaL » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:49 pm

This woman had posted on a comedy forum:

"I met Jim Carrey once when I was working at the Beverly Hills Hotel and he was incredibly kind, generous and down to earth. I asked him for a favor; if he would go in the back and say hello to my co-worker who was starting out as a stand-up comedian and followed his every piece of work but was assigned to the bar behind the scenes for the night. He obliged and had a lengthy conversation with him. I was floored and beaming - lovely man!
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby AdaL » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:54 pm

This was posted on another FB group that featured his commencement speech video:

"in my twenty yr acting career Jim Carrey was one of the nicest actors I met he went out of his way to make sure everyone on the set was comfortable I think this Is such an important speech I m sharing i it again hope everyone takes the time to listen"
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby AdaL » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:59 pm

And yes, I was so touched when I saw these little comments, I favourited them in my browser! I'm very glad I did it too... As Eva said, we should've done this a long time ago.. :wink:
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby AdaL » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:45 pm

And this was posted on Twitter in response to criticism on Jim's vaccines's opinions:

"Just saying: I was a PA on GRINCH. Shy as hell. @JimCarrey made a point to talk to me in an art dept mtg. Changed my life. #GoodPeople"
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:47 pm

i've closed the first thread to keep everything here..... :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:48 pm

Go to 'stop the press' .....thread closed :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:08 am

Does that mean I need to copy and paste all of my recent posts onto this thread?
There's about 15 of them...

Is it possible to lock this thread seeing as it's the much less active one?
Most of the discussion is on the other... This one has barely been used at all.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:45 am

AdaL wrote:Does that mean I need to copy and paste all of my recent posts onto this thread?

You should not repost anything from other threads.
The one that is lock will still be open to read.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:48 am

EvaAraujo wrote:
AdaL wrote:Does that mean I need to copy and paste all of my recent posts onto this thread?

You should not repost anything from other threads.
The one that is lock will still be open to read.

Um, why can't things be reposted from other threads?
That makes no sense at all. As I said, this thread is barely used whatsoever in comparison to the other. Nothing was posted in it for the entirety of November and hlad of December and only the odd thing since then.
Pretty much the majority of the discussion has been in the other thread and now that's locked and nothing can be repeated from it? Why the hell not?
And I know that it's open to read but my point is, if you are unable to post in it, then it will eventually disappear and get buried. There's a lot of important info in that thread re: the facts.
That's precisely why I asked it it was possible to merge the threads, which means everything posted there would be joined onto here.

And I took a LOT of time and cutting and pasting to add info to that thread, most recently the nice accounts of kindness that you agreed would be a good idea. It's no good if people can just read them, the idea was that they would be discussed and added to..
Furthermore, there's like 15 of them.I went to to the trouble of locating them, copy and pasting and posting them... and it would be annoying enough and a massive waste of my time if I *did* have to post them again but now you're telling me that's not even possible?.. huh?
If any thread should've been locked it would make sense if it was this one. But tbh, I wish I'd kept my mouth shut and not suggested it at all because this has just turned into a whole bag of wtf...
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:09 pm

AdaL wrote:Um, why can't things be reposted from other threads?
That makes no sense at all. As I said, this thread is barely used whatsoever in comparison to the other. Nothing was posted in it for the entirety of November and hlad of December and only the odd thing since then.
Pretty much the majority of the discussion has been in the other thread and now that's locked and nothing can be repeated from it? Why the hell not?

I didn't said you can't repost, I just said you shouldn't. Only because it may be too repetitive.
I was not the one you locked the other thread but I think it can be reversed.
Lock this one and let the other open.

Fluffy... you were the one you locked it? If so can you reverse it?

AdaL wrote: And I know that it's open to read but my point is, if you are unable to post in it, then it will eventually disappear and get buried. There's a lot of important info in that thread re: the facts.
That's precisely why I asked it it was possible to merge the threads, which means everything posted there would be joined onto here.

I'm sorry to let you know that eventually it will get buried. It won't disappear because we don't delete threads. But as time goes by and more news come it will be buried by recent threads. That's normally what happens.

As I said I have no ideia if it can be joined as one because that may involved programing code skills.
For that you may ask Tommy but if he can't do it, it can't be done.

AdaL wrote: And I took a LOT of time and cutting and pasting to add info to that thread, most recently the nice accounts of kindness that you agreed would be a good idea. It's no good if people can just read them, the idea was that they would be discussed and added to..
Furthermore, there's like 15 of them.I went to to the trouble of locating them, copy and pasting and posting them... and it would be annoying enough and a massive waste of my time if I *did* have to post them again but now you're telling me that's not even possible?.. huh?
If any thread should've been locked it would make sense if it was this one. But tbh, I wish I'd kept my mouth shut and not suggested it at all because this has just turned into a whole bag of wtf...

Adal you need to take things a bit more calmly because the only thing that is reverseable is death.
Regarding the accounts of kindness I think is a wonderful idea indeed.
In fact you can repost them in a new thread with that theme because they will get buried in a thread who's title is about a lawsuit.

As I said to you, it best to focus on the positive.
The lawsuit matter should be adress when more news about it comes.
Probably soon since the date in court is this month.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:32 am

EvaAraujo wrote:
I didn't said you can't repost, I just said you shouldn't. Only because it may be too repetitive.

Well, not wishing to split hairs, but that would mean the same thing to me.

EvaAraujo wrote:
Adal you need to take things a bit more calmly because the only thing that is reverseable is death.
Regarding the accounts of kindness I think is a wonderful idea indeed.
In fact you can repost them in a new thread with that theme because they will get buried in a thread who's title is about a lawsuit.

What exactly have I said that would suggest I'm not calm? I've not ranted, insulted or sworn at anyone.....
I'm just baffled and feel that this has become a little bit of a ballache unnecessarily, that's all.
I've been polite but I'm not the type to not be honest or forthright about what I think. That doesn't equate to a lack of calm.
Believe me, I frequently get mad, angry and cranky off my tits... I'm nowhere near either of those over this. I'm only too well aware that this is a very small thing in the grand scheme of things..

EvaAraujo wrote:
As I said to you, it best to focus on the positive.
The lawsuit matter should be adress when more news about it comes.
Probably soon since the date in court is this month.

It's important to focus on the positive too and I did that... but while this lawsuit is still going on, it is yet to be dismissed and the people responsible for it are not yet somewhere hellish and mouldy working out how to pay some hefty legal expenses..I'm going to keep talking about it.
It may be mercifully out of the news for the moment, but these people need to be dragged until this vile suit is finished. It's the least they deserve.
And with so much in the press about Scientology at the moment, there's still a lot that needs to be said.

If you can unlock the other thread, that would be great. If not, don't worry. My emotional wellbeing certainly doesn't depend on it..
The posts I made I'll try and find some time to put into a new thread..
JC, if by any slim chance you're reading this, I'm a lazy-arsed motherfucker and I would not go to this trouble for anyone else. *That's* how much I value the laughs you've brought me over the years... 8-[
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:08 am

because the two threads would have become meshed together and the responses and times would have made everything nonsensical......i'll unlock those posts but the 'stop the press' thread would have been to most sensible one to write in seeing as how we're interested in the news regarding the case.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

PreviousNext

Return to The Speakeasy