Jim Carrey Online

His Twitter

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Re: His Twitter

Postby AdaL » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:47 pm

Serap E. wrote:
AdaL wrote:
I don't think it's that literal, no. And I don't think he'd even allude to it in public if that were the case. He's very low-key at the best of times and if he'd met someone I expect he'd want it to be as private as it can be for as long as it can be. Especially so at the moment, though.
But I would love that to be the case for him.. Hopefully when the time's right, it'll happen. :)

But yeah, it's good either way. And I'm loving that he's sharing his art.. <3

You're right, that's something he wouldn't do. There is usually a deeper meaning in what he says or tweets. But when i read the word "love" i was like "yeaahh he's loving again". :lloyd:

Aw.
<3

As long as he's getting lots of love of some form from good people who care, I'm happy.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:18 am

Aha.....Control.....that old chestnut again........... :wink: ....you only think you're in control....lol.....that's the curse of love
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:46 am

Whether he's got a girlfriend or not i think he's posted that in reaction to all the articles saying he's suicidal and reclusive. I think he's trying to let us know he's ok and that life goes on and he's living his......
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:50 am

fluffy wrote:Whether he's got a girlfriend or not i think he's posted that in reaction to all the articles saying he's suicidal and reclusive. I think he's trying to let us know he's ok and that life goes on and he's living his......

Hopefully he doesn't concern himself with National Enquirer bullshit. I can't imagine he's got any kind of patience left towards the media after all these years.

As a non-religious person, I find his beliefs incredibly interesting and comforting. There's a scientific basis to them; ie: the universal non-duality of us all.
No matter can be destroyed, nothing is lost and essentially we are love - we don't have to earn it, win it or fall into it. I think that's beautiful.
Being able to live in the moment and not trapped in the depression of the past or the anxiety of the future really is utopia - hard for us all to get there but when you do manage it, for however short a period of time, it feels amazing.
I'm not keen on religious doctrines or prescribed beliefs but this has always made a lot of sense to me and fits in around my scientific interests.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:42 pm

lol.......i'm going to play the devils advocate here but it's all very well to say 'we are love'....try that when you're a grumpy pre-menstrual ratbag who needs to wash her hair and feels about as loveable as scabies ......or some hairy arsed git who reeks of BO who hasn't been laid this side of the Millenium...........you get my drift :wink: :lol: :lol:
I can't help think of the Simpsons episode where Mr Burns glows green and say's 'i bring you love'...... :D :D :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:57 pm

fluffy wrote:lol.......i'm going to play the devils advocate here bit it's all very well to say 'we are love'....try that when you're a grumpy pre-menstrual ratbag who needs to wash her hair and feels about as loveable as scabies ......or some hairy arsed git who reeks of BO who hasn't been laid this side of the Millenium...........you get my drift :wink: :lol: :lol:
I can't help think of the Simpsons episode where Mr Burns glows green and say's 'i bring you love'...... :D :D :D

:lol: :lol:

Well, that's the whole idea. It's not 'falling in love' with a person, romantic love etc... or being physically desirable; it transcends all of that. Love just .... is. It's just essential.

It takes a while to really 'get' it and I don't think I'm there. Having to shut out the abject evil that exists in the world to achieve peace is tough, but worth it when you get there, I think.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:16 pm

i see this definition of 'love' as being the definition of optimism.....if you can look at a beautiful sky, smile at a funny looking dog, enjoy a meal, appreciate your loved ones etc..as opposed to pessimism and how crap that makes us feel.......... :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:59 pm

fluffy wrote:i see this definition of 'love' as being the definition of optimism.....if you can look at a beautiful sky, smile at a funny looking dog, enjoy a meal, appreciate your loved ones etc..as opposed to pessimism and how crap that makes us feel.......... :lol:

Love is the essence of being. It's in everything and everyone kind of thing. And yeah, the antithesis of pessimism, which is kinda hard for me to do master... ;)
AdaL
The Majestic

Previous

Return to The Speakeasy