Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Discuss this movie. In theaters on June 23, 2017
Filming: April 12, 2015 - May 24, 2015

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby TNPihl » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:27 pm

Great news Nick.

On the TIFF website I can see the movie has found a Canada distributor. It is Netflix. I hope they find other distributors in USA and other countries so we also can see it in the theaters. :)
User avatar
TNPihl
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:24 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby Nick » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:24 pm

The Bad Batch will debut on TIFF friday, on September 9. Also, on their website, there are some new details about the film. Very interesting :) .
A girl walks across a cannibal-infested desert at midday…. Ana Lily Amirpour's highly anticipated follow-up to A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night feints in the direction of sensationalistic horror — and, be forewarned, blood is spilled and limbs are hacked — but The Bad Batch, like Amirpour's deliciously low-key debut, uses genre as a springboard for high style and social commentary.

The aforementioned girl (Suki Waterhouse) is one of thousands of Americans deemed unacceptable to civilized society. While wandering in her desert exile, she is captured by a community of cannibals. She loses an arm and a leg but manages to escape, soon ending up at a place called Comfort, a very different enclave of outcasts lorded over by a groovy cult leader (Keanu Reeves) with a heavily armed and pregnant harem. Our amputee heroine is safe at Comfort but still does not quite feel that she has found her tribe.

On an excursion beyond Comfort's gates, she encounters one of her former cannibal captors (Jason Momoa), who's in search of his young daughter. She can help him find the girl. But can she do it without one of them getting slaughtered in the human-eat-human world where savagery is considered central to survival?

Many of the film's pleasures are in its details, like a boombox-shaped DJ booth and a cannibal camp in an airplane cemetery. But what makes The Bad Batch meaty is the way Amirpour subtly steeps her premise in politics. There's no mistaking the exclusionary policies of this imagined America for anything less than a cautionary vision of where the real America could go if left unchecked.


Look: http://www.tiff.net/films/the-bad-batch/
User avatar
Nick
Dumb & Dumber
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Romania

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby EvaAraujo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:23 am

Nick wrote:The Bad Batch will debut on TIFF friday, on September 9. Also, on their website, there are some new details about the film. Very interesting :) .
A girl walks across a cannibal-infested desert at midday…. Ana Lily Amirpour's highly anticipated follow-up to A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night feints in the direction of sensationalistic horror — and, be forewarned, blood is spilled and limbs are hacked — but The Bad Batch, like Amirpour's deliciously low-key debut, uses genre as a springboard for high style and social commentary.

The aforementioned girl (Suki Waterhouse) is one of thousands of Americans deemed unacceptable to civilized society. While wandering in her desert exile, she is captured by a community of cannibals. She loses an arm and a leg but manages to escape, soon ending up at a place called Comfort, a very different enclave of outcasts lorded over by a groovy cult leader (Keanu Reeves) with a heavily armed and pregnant harem. Our amputee heroine is safe at Comfort but still does not quite feel that she has found her tribe.

On an excursion beyond Comfort's gates, she encounters one of her former cannibal captors (Jason Momoa), who's in search of his young daughter. She can help him find the girl. But can she do it without one of them getting slaughtered in the human-eat-human world where savagery is considered central to survival?

Many of the film's pleasures are in its details, like a boombox-shaped DJ booth and a cannibal camp in an airplane cemetery. But what makes The Bad Batch meaty is the way Amirpour subtly steeps her premise in politics. There's no mistaking the exclusionary policies of this imagined America for anything less than a cautionary vision of where the real America could go if left unchecked.


Look: http://www.tiff.net/films/the-bad-batch/


That's awesome info,even if there's no more details about Jim's character especifically.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:57 am

That's awesome info,even if there's no more details about Jim's character especifically.


Well, i think that's on purpose. Jim has a small role and they don't want to spoil anything.
I mean, he was on set for only 5 days, there have been almost 6 weeks of shooting, and the runtime of The Bad Batch is 110 minutes. How much screen time do you think Jim will have in the movie ? 10 minutes maybe :(

I'm hoping for a role in the vein of Kick Ass 2. Short, but memorable :D
User avatar
Nick
Dumb & Dumber
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Romania

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:43 pm

Nick wrote:I'm hoping for a role in the vein of Kick Ass 2. Short, but memorable :D


That would be great indeed. His role in KA2 was both important and great ... imo, the best part of the (less great) movie. So, since I do believe in 'The Bad Batch' as possibly being an interesting movie, I hope for Jim to even stand out more in this one. :)
User avatar
grinchy steve
Burt Wonderstone
 
Posts: 1381
Joined: Tue May 22, 2001 6:30 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby TNPihl » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Nick wrote:I mean, he was on set for only 5 days, there have been almost 6 weeks of shooting, and the runtime of The Bad Batch is 110 minutes. How much screen time do you think Jim will have in the movie ? 10 minutes maybe :(

Are you sure he only had 5 days? I know it wasn't much. He arrived around day 22 of shooting and left before last shooting day (day 44).

I am not expecting more screen time for Jim than he had in "Kick-Ass 2". Around 15 minutes maximum. That's also very interesting and great he do movies like this. I am very exciting about it. 8) :)
User avatar
TNPihl
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:24 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:53 pm

TNPihl wrote:Are you sure he only had 5 days?

Yes, 100 % sure. He said it himself in that show / interview with Jerry Seinfeld, and who knows better than him ?
I'm about to go up north to Marin County and do a silent retreat for 5 days, so i won't be speaking during the film. I don't speak.


There you go: http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/Jim-Carrey-we-love-breathing-what-youre-burning-baby 5:29 mark :)
User avatar
Nick
Dumb & Dumber
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Romania

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby TNPihl » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:13 pm

Thanks Nick. Thats good. :D 8)
User avatar
TNPihl
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:24 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby JimCrazy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:19 am

Wow interesting!!. So probably we wont see Jim in trailers as his role is very minimal.
AAlright! TAKE CARE NOW, BYE BYE THEN!
User avatar
JimCrazy
Doing Time On Maple Drive
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:07 am

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby Nick » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:44 pm

JimCrazy wrote:Wow interesting!!. So probably we wont see Jim in trailers as his role is very minimal.

I think we'll see a glimpse of Jim in the trailer. Suki Waterhouse, Jason Momoa, Diego Luna, Giovanni Ribisi WITH Keanu Reeves AND Jim Carrey. :)
User avatar
Nick
Dumb & Dumber
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Romania

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby TNPihl » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:14 am

Third Film Festival announced!! :D 8)

The Bad Batch will have its US Premiere at Fantastic Fest in September! More soon on JCO.

Source:
http://fantasticfest.com/
User avatar
TNPihl
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:24 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby tlmarvin » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:54 pm

Sunday, August 28, 2016--10:53 am CST

That's fantastic news. I'm looking for more
fantastic news.

Terry (Dallas, Texas)
User avatar
tlmarvin
The Majestic
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:56 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:37 am

The count down is on
only a few more days to go
User avatar
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To
 
Posts: 5868
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: somewhereoutthere,Ontario, Canada

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby TNPihl » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:19 am

Yes tomorrow! The director has arrived to Venice now. The question is how many of the cast members will show up.

Interesting day tomorrow! :D 8)
User avatar
TNPihl
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:24 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:57 am

TNPihl wrote:Yes tomorrow! The director has arrived to Venice now. The question is how many of the cast members will show up.)


I was thinking the same thing. Well, Suki Waterhouse and Jim are free, they could go. I know Jason Momoa is currently shooting Justice League and Keanu Reeves is in Puerto Rico shooting his latest sci-fi thriller Replicas. We'll see.

Maybe Jim will skip the Venice premiere, but if that happens, i think he will be in Toronto for TIFF premiere. That's my guess.

I'm also excited because tomorrow, when the first reviews from critics will be up, we'll find more about Jim's character and what he does in the film :D .
User avatar
Nick
Dumb & Dumber
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Romania

PreviousNext

Return to (2017) The Bad Batch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest