Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Discuss this movie. In theaters on June 23, 2017
Filming: April 12, 2015 - May 24, 2015

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:11 am

According to IMDB, The Bad Batch has a release date for Kuwait. It's October 28, 2016. Might be an indication we will get this movie by the end of the year.

Don't know if it's a regular premiere or festival-related.
User avatar
grinchy steve
Burt Wonderstone
 
Posts: 1392
Joined: Tue May 22, 2001 6:30 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby AdaL » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:42 am

grinchy steve wrote:According to IMDB, The Bad Batch has a release date for Kuwait. It's October 28, 2016. Might be an indication we will get this movie by the end of the year.

Don't know if it's a regular premiere or festival-related.



Oh man.. too long! :x
How about the crime drama? Does anyone know if we're getting that any sooner?
User avatar
AdaL
The Majestic
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby Nick » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:06 pm

AdaL wrote: Oh man.. too long! :x
How about the crime drama? Does anyone know if we're getting that any sooner?


Nope. The Bad Batch and True Crimes are independent films, so, first of all, will go at some festival / festivals then in theatres, which will take some time. Even if those movies will have the premiere this year (at film festivals), i don't think we'll see them until next year.

Next month it will be revealed the full lineup of Cannes, so, fingers crossed for The Bad Batch.
User avatar
Nick
Dumb & Dumber
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Romania

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby AdaL » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:25 pm

Nick wrote:
AdaL wrote: Oh man.. too long! :x
How about the crime drama? Does anyone know if we're getting that any sooner?


Nope. The Bad Batch and True Crimes are independent films, so, first of all, will go at some festival / festivals then in theatres, which will take some time. Even if those movies will have the premiere this year (at film festivals), i don't think we'll see them until next year.

Next month it will be revealed the full lineup of Cannes, so, fingers crossed for The Bad Batch.


Bugger. :(
User avatar
AdaL
The Majestic
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:34 pm

I know it's a bummer when you want to see those movies right now. But as an actor, this is an interesting period for Jim. :) Film Festivals, maybe Cannes ... Berlin ... he sure made a good move.
User avatar
grinchy steve
Burt Wonderstone
 
Posts: 1392
Joined: Tue May 22, 2001 6:30 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby AdaL » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:40 pm

grinchy steve wrote:I know it's a bummer when you want to see those movies right now. But as an actor, this is an interesting period for Jim. :) Film Festivals, maybe Cannes ... Berlin ... he sure made a good move.


Yeah, this is very true. Patience is a virtue 'n all...
He does make very good choices, that's true. He always has done actually; hes never been in a movie that's been bad. Some are better than others but he's always superb.
User avatar
AdaL
The Majestic
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby EvaAraujo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:52 pm

AdaL wrote:
grinchy steve wrote:I know it's a bummer when you want to see those movies right now. But as an actor, this is an interesting period for Jim. :) Film Festivals, maybe Cannes ... Berlin ... he sure made a good move.


Yeah, this is very true. Patience is a virtue 'n all...
He does make very good choices, that's true. He always has done actually; hes never been in a movie that's been bad. Some are better than others but he's always superb.


I agree, We need a bit more patient, things in this industry don't work as fast as we believed.
Last edited by EvaAraujo on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:53 am

The 60th Cannes Film Festival is expected to announce its full lineup on April 14, so next week. FINGERS CROSSED for The Bad Batch [-o<
User avatar
Nick
Dumb & Dumber
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Romania

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby fluffy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:15 am

Jim aside, theres 'a film called Tommy's Honour with the Scottish actor Peter Mullen about the creator of golf. It's seriously one to watch........i'll be interested to see if they manage to get it to Cannes. Sunset Song was a triumph (filmed in Aberdeenshire :D )
Fluffy

Image
User avatar
fluffy
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 20529
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:03 pm
Location: Scotland

Cannes Film Festival coming soon.

Postby tlmarvin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:37 pm

Tuesday, April 12, 2016--6:32 am CST

I also hope that Jim Carrey's movie "The Bad Batch" will be one of the movies that the
Cannes Film Festival will play. What happend if it's not shown at the Cannes Film Festival? Whenever "True Crimes" is finished, I hope it'll be shown at a Film Festival somewhere in the United States?

Sincerely,

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas, USA)
User avatar
tlmarvin
The Majestic
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:56 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Cannes Film Festival coming soon.

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:17 pm

tlmarvin wrote:Tuesday, April 12, 2016--6:32 am CST

What happend if it's not shown at the Cannes Film FIlm Festival?


Well, another two major film festivals are Venice Film Festival (every year in august - september) and TIFF - Toronto International Film Festival (september), so, It could go there, but i have a good feeling about this. The Bad Batch sounds so different and original, definitely for a film festival like Cannes / Sundance :)
User avatar
Nick
Dumb & Dumber
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Romania

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby JimCrazy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:59 pm

AAlright! TAKE CARE NOW, BYE BYE THEN!
User avatar
JimCrazy
Doing Time On Maple Drive
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:07 am

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby TNPihl » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:35 pm

It was not announched in the official selection for Cannes. But maybe it still will be shown out of the competition. They have to make some promotion for it.
User avatar
TNPihl
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 3044
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:24 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby EvaAraujo » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:42 pm

TNPihl wrote:It was not announched in the official selection for Cannes. But maybe it still will be shown out of the competition. They have to make some promotion for it.


I hope so.
But I also know that if not maybe other festivals will pick it up. The director has become so popular so there's no way they will ignore her new upcoming movie.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: Jim Carrey joins "The Bad Batch" movie

Postby Nick » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Well, it looks like The Bad Batch has an official rating from MPAA. It's rated R (for violence, language, some drug content and brief nudity)
User avatar
Nick
Dumb & Dumber
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Romania

PreviousNext

Return to (2017) The Bad Batch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron