Jim Carrey Online

D&D2 : Reviews

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 24 - November 2013

D&D2 : Reviews

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:42 am

So, it took a while, but the first reviews are up. Only two so far, but I guess it's a good indication for what's coming and what I thought would happen. Basicly they say : It's OK, not bad at all. Carrey & Daniels are funny, it's good to see the characters again. But it's Dumb and Dumber To, so we rate it rotten. Cause you know, we critics have to be taken serious.

"Did Lloyd bury his heart in Aspen? The worst thing he did to Harry in the original was drive the wrong way through the night. But then he totally redeemed himself. The sequel doesn't." ,- GraveOnline (3/10)

"It's all played way too silly for any of it to count. For me, the biggest problem is an unfortunate by-product of getting too familiar with a comedy filmmaker." ,- Hitflix (C+)

"Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels haven't lost a step in in this surprisingly worthy sequel to what is arguably the greatest comedy of all time." ,- We Got This Covered (3.5/5)

What did you guys think of the movie?
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Re: D&D2 : Reviews

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:08 am

German reviews so far were not that good but they didn't understand the movie. Said Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels and the Farrelly Brothers needed a new hit and tried it with this one. So not true, Jeff and the Farrellys wanted to do it years ago, just Jim didn't. But when he saw the first one five years ago, he called the Farrellys and said he was in cause he just loved the idea of Lloyd and Harry coming back together. And he still did a bunch of other movies in that time.
If you know them and like the first movie you see how much love is in the second one, it's just awesome :D.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:15 am

Rottentomatoes so far ... 25% (30 rotten, 8 fresh)
IMDB.com so far ... 7.9

Knowing RT, this is a good indication for what will be the end result, score-wise. I guess IMDB will go down to 6.5 maybe. I wonder what the scores will be in more than a week from now on both sites.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:10 pm

The movie has only hit the theaters today and there's already reviews?
People who write reviews before actually seeing it should keep their mouth shut.

The first one also had bad reviews and look and what cult movie it has become, not to mention how much it grossed.

I believe the movie will do great!
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby chips and dip » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:07 pm

:lloyd: Saw it yesterday. I went in cold turkey, meaning I didn't see a single clip or trailer before watching the movie. I think that helped because I laughed at some parts that no one else in the theater laughed at. I assume those parts were in the trailer. :lloyd:

:lloyd: Anyways, I laughed the entire time. Lots of little jokes with big jokes sprinkled in throughout. Obviously not as good as the first one. Especially since the first one is my favorite movie of all time. Still very funny and all I could have asked for. Once you get used to them looking so old, the feeling that the movie is kind of forced goes away pretty quickly. :lloyd:
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:24 pm

Omg I loved it it was sooooook funny
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:21 pm

EvaAraujo wrote:The movie has only hit the theaters today and there's already reviews?
People who write reviews before actually seeing it should keep their mouth shut.

RottenTomatoes collects the reviews written by critics that are known als "the press", since they work for (mostly) papers, news-related sites, magazines etc. It's not just everyone. So, most of them went to the press-screening. They were actually very late with the reviews, the embargo was dated "Day of release" by the studio. So the press combined gives a rotten score of 26% (rotten) now.

The results of the audience that use sRT for ratings give a percentage of 59% (also rotten).

IMDB has 7.1 right now, but it's going down every day. That's normal. I guess it will go down till it hits 6.6 or something like that.

The first one also had bad reviews and look and what cult movie it has become, not to mention how much it grossed.

Indeed. It's called "a classic" these days, but at the time Dumb & Dumber wasn't praised that much as everyone seems to remember. Back then, there was not one single review that talked about "Instant classic!", "A movie full of quotes we'll never forget!", "Comedians at the top of their game!" or "Timeless!" ...

I'm afraid today people remember it as being the perfect comedy. But that sure wasn't the case in 1994.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:29 am

Nobody does it better!
excellent especially liked the Zambownie part
well worth money to go see
thankfully not as gorrie as first one
meaning karate dream scene
well done guys with a cherry on top
multiple thumbs up
woo-hoo don't care what press says
some don't even know Jim was in Majestic
the theatre iwas Iin was almost full
wonder what it was like in big cities
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:30 pm

I've read that the movie was very successful in the USA at the weekend. Afair it was even the most successful one at the weekend with even more guests than Interstellar. Whereas Interstellar already had been in cinemas for a while, of course.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby jim carrey 85 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:38 pm

I LOVED IT! Yes i laughed all time during the movie, it has of course couple "fail" jokes but yes its GREAT, entering the cinema truth to be told i said that i could not care less about story of the movie as long as its FUNNY thats most immportant to me (In the movie they could be FBI Agents or climb Himmalayas i wouldnt care)!! so yes i was satisfyd at the end...

Oh and Serbian critics gave 8,2 out of 10 so everyone loved it!
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby EvaAraujo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:46 am

grinchy steve wrote:RottenTomatoes collects the reviews written by critics that are known als "the press", since they work for (mostly) papers, news-related sites, magazines etc. It's not just everyone. So, most of them went to the press-screening. They were actually very late with the reviews, the embargo was dated "Day of release" by the studio. So the press combined gives a rotten score of 26% (rotten) now.

The results of the audience that use sRT for ratings give a percentage of 59% (also rotten).

IMDB has 7.1 right now, but it's going down every day. That's normal. I guess it will go down till it hits 6.6 or something like that.

It still pisses me off because its very rare when critics say something good. Maybe is just me but the press never pay attention to the important things.

At the end everyone is a movie critic... we just don't get payed for it. ^^

grinchy steve wrote:Indeed. It's called "a classic" these days, but at the time Dumb & Dumber wasn't praised that much as everyone seems to remember. Back then, there was not one single review that talked about "Instant classic!", "A movie full of quotes we'll never forget!", "Comedians at the top of their game!" or "Timeless!" ...

I'm afraid today people remember it as being the perfect comedy. But that sure wasn't the case in 1994.

Yeah. It's a pattern by itself. A lot of movies that didn't gross all that much or that critics bashed have become "cult movies" or "classic".
Yeah You are right.
That tells me even more that people judge too fast nowadays.
I get it that it's hard not to compare to the first one but it's NOT the first one. Not the same year either.
Things change and some people may think, isn't as good as the first (I haven't seen it yet to form my opinion so I don't know) but this movie may be a so called "classic", for future generations...At least I have that faith. :D
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:21 pm

thankfully not as gorrie as first one
meaning karate dream scene

Whereas I expected more from the karate dream scene. Thought it would really start now, but then it was already over. The other dream scenes were also funny, but not as good as the one in the first movie.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:28 am

Oh oh I usually read the credits
but not this time
Argh eh!
I did not realize there was more after the credits
now I'm going to have to see it again
yeeha
gud excuse anyway
again it's a movie to see again
so u see what u missed the first time
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JimCrazy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Saw the movie today . Enjoyed and laughed throughout the movie.Jim is a super entertainer. I LIKE IT A LOT.
AAlright! TAKE CARE NOW, BYE BYE THEN!
JimCrazy
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby JimCarreyschick » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:42 am

I saw just Dumb and Dumber To last night with my boyfriend and two best friends and it was so funny I loved it and I think it's just as good as the first one, although after the movie was done I over heard someone behind me say that it's not as good as the first one but the theatre was quite packed with people and after when we all came out, there was a huge line of people waiting to see this movie and I'm so happy that it's doing so well.

Jen :)
JimCarreyschick
Horton Hears a Who!

Next

Return to (2014) Dumb and Dumber To