Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey to Star in Armored Car Comedy 'Loomis Fargo'?

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Re: Jim Carrey to Star in Armored Car Comedy 'Loomis Fargo'?

Postby Veysel » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:09 am

Veysel ŞEN
Hello When shooting Loomis Fargo ?
pressreque​sts (pressrequests@relativitymedia.com)
A date has not been set.
Veysel
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby Veysel » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:59 am

Exclusive : Carrey out, Galifianakis in on armoured car comedy?

Trying to get a second source to confirm that Zach Galifianakis has stepped in for Jim Carrey on Jared Hess’s untitled armoured car comedy (previously known as ‘Loomis Fargo’).
The action/comedy, which has been in the works for a while now, will star Galifianakis and Owen Wilson as inexperienced criminals who rob a bank – leaving a trail of evidence behind.
Inspired by actual events, it’ll fix largely on a naive bank employee who decides to risk it all by teaming up with his work crush to rob their place of business. With a team of dopey accomplices, they take off with over 17 million dollars – but their amateur mission will see they don’t get away with it too easy.
Emily Spivey, Chris Bowman, and Hubbel Palmer worked on the screenplay for the film. Lorne Michaels is among the producers on the Relativity production.
Galifianakis and Wilson previously worked together on Matthew Weiner’s “You Are Here”.
No word on why Carrey might have left the production, but it’s possible the film’s ‘action-centric’ pilot (Carrey shied away from “Kick-Ass 2″, after it’s completion, because he felt it was too violent) has something to do with it.
More when we hear it.

Read more at http://moviehole.net/201369381exclusive ... 5OoeHdq.99
Veysel
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby Nick » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:52 am

Hmmm...if it's true, i'm not very upset. :) From the beginning, this was a very risky project in my opinion, that could be easily a flop for many reasons. I hope he's still starring in Ricky Stanicky, because that is project that i believe in, could be a great comedy and a box office success. I hope we'll find more soon.
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:51 am

Nog glad with the news. Another cancelled project that was something different. If only he woud get the chance to star and accept the role in a follow up for 'Truman Show', 'Man on the Moon' or 'Eternal Sunshine'.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Jim Carrey replaced in"Loomis Fargo"

Postby tlmarvin » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Friday, November 1, 2013--7:44 am CST

Morning,
I just read the article that Jim Carrey was replaced in "Loomis Fargo" . To me, that role didn't sound right for him. I'm not a producer or director. I just don't think that part in "Loomis Fargo" sounded right for Jim Carrey. That's my opinion.
But I read that Jim Carrey will probably play Ripley. I'm sure he'd be great in that movie.

Sincerely,

Terry M (Dallas, Texas)
tlmarvin
Fun With Dick And Jane

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:34 pm

The Ripley project is on hold (or dead) for many years now. I doubt it will come back to life. And if it does, I guess the persons involved won't be the same.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Nick » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:31 pm

If this is true, why just one website report that Jim is no longer attached for Loomis Fargo ? I don't understand :-?
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:47 pm

For me, until he or someone who represents him says otherwise.... everything is a rumor.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:54 pm

i'm not surprised.....i never had any faith in the film, even though it's based on a true story, it's an old genre.....
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:31 am

Glad he's doing Ricky Stanicky next
Good idea
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jim carrey 85 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:46 am

Canadian Jayne wrote:Glad he's doing Ricky Stanicky next
Good idea

Same over here, if he have to drop one of these two movies i'm glad that it was Loomis Fargo, Ricky Stanicky is more promising for him...
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:00 am

Still no official news about this ...
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby JimCrazy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:04 pm

My opinion on this movie is , if the script was too bad, Jim wouldn't have agreed to do it initially. And even Owen and Zack also believed in this script. Anyway AAAlrighty Then..

I guess Jim has missed a lot of movies than other stars, some i knew were Austin Powers, Pirates of Caribbean, Meet the Parents, Secret Life of Walter Mitty ......
AAlright! TAKE CARE NOW, BYE BYE THEN!
JimCrazy
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby Catherine » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:47 am

I think the Ripply one would or could be great only if it had a great director and producer, and a great script!!!!, Ripply would have to have some crazy personal life, with something ther no one knew about him that is exciting!!!! like he was into Magic, and some drama, like his personal life was wild and crazy, unless they have something like that it would be boring my guess, why JC had never bin in the movie, who wants to see a life of someone who lead a boring liffe off camera, has to be exciting, even if its based on a true story but. hollywood glamourized, like the 10 commandments..how or Jesus Christ Super Star. make it old time new school but not far from the truth, I dont know, what can i say??? may he rest in peace...Robert Riplley, must be some good juice on him from a reliable source that is truth,,
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
Catherine
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Catherine » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:55 am

Catherine wrote:I think the Ripply one would or could be great only if it had a great director and producer, and a great script!!!!, Ripply would have to have some crazy personal life, with something ther no one knew about him that is exciting!!!! like he was into Magic, and some drama, like his personal life was wild and crazy, unless they have something like that it would be boring my guess, why JC had never bin in the movie, who wants to see a life of someone who lead a boring liffe off camera, has to be exciting, even if its based on a true story but. hollywood glamourized, like the 10 commandments..how or Jesus Christ Super Star. make it old time new school but not far from the truth, I dont know, what can i say??? may he rest in peace...Robert Riplley, must be some good juice on him from a reliable source that is truth,,

but but but but but!!!! there are similarities R.Ripley and Jim!!
Ripley was a teenager when he was a artist journalist working for a newspaper, JC, first show he played a similar role cartoonist? ...
Ripley, at that time lived through hard times being that in San Fransisco there was a
great earthquake, in 1906/? i belive it was...that left many people homeless, i am not sure if Ripley was one of them. so there is something there, he lead somewhat exciting life, had his own jet, travels, in many places around the world to get informative true news about people cultures and lots..seen one night a series of videos on him on You tube black and white, show called Rippleys Believe it or not!!! he spoke a bit boring but...i found something mysterious about him almost sinister, even looks like that too :) Believe it or not..ha
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
Catherine
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Movies