Jim Carrey Online

Dumb & Dumber Sequel! It's on!! It's coming!

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 24 - November 2013

Re: Dumb & Dumber Sequel! It's on!! It's coming!

Postby Jimcarrey#1fan23 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:06 pm

I'm going to change the subject here.

How long about do you think they will be filming in Atlanta? It's been worrying me that I won't be able to make it because its a Tuesday. :cry:
"everything was going so well, why are you doing this Stephen? I made you breakfast, and we were eating and...... The scramby eggs!" -Chip Douglas, the cable guy
Jimcarrey#1fan23
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Postby Veysel » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:39 pm

Jennifer Brett
‏@AJCBuzz
Every day I'm hustlin, hustlin. I just went by to check out the set of Dumb&Dumber 2
https://twitter.com/AJCBuzz/status/3771 ... 72/photo/1
Veysel
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby JimCrazy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:35 am

grinchy steve wrote:
TNPihl wrote:I think you judge the movies too hard Steven. I think both "Yes Man" and "Mr. Popper's Penguins" did good at the box office. In total they grossed more than $410 million worldwide. It is actually good, also from total budgets of $120 million.

I guess it's just the realistic tone of that specific post that gives the impression. ;) Since I defended the results of both movies before, I know they didn't do bad at all. But there's a difference between a big hit and the solid ones as "Popper" and "Yes Man". When a not-doing-that-good ("Number 23"), two solid ones ("Popper", "Yes Man") and a movie nobody saw (as a matter of speaking, "Phillip Morris") are being followed up with a flop ("Wonderstone") and not-doing-that-well-either ("Kick-Ass 2"), there is no question he needs a true hit to keep his status as a huge A-list man alive. I'm not saying the danger is around the corner at this moment, but a lot will depend on the following projects. Ofcours he's far from becoming the next Eddie Murphy, no doubt.

"The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" flopped big! "Kick-Ass 2" is doing lower than I expected, but it has grossed around $60 million at this time, and still many countries on the list. It will be lower than the original movie, but the budget was just $28 million. I think they did a good job in the promotion.

They invested a lot in the promotion of Kick-Ass 2, no doubt about that. As a box-office-mojo addict (I'm sure you are also), I can tell that the average production needs to make a certain + percentage to become profitable. For example, when the production budget is 100 milion, it needs to make 170 <> 175 milion to get out of the costs, promotion etc. Then it becomes profitable. But when you "earn" 10 milion in a case like that, it's hard to call it profitable. There are 49 territories. KA2 has been released in 30. Unless it does a "Pacific Rim" (US was screaming "FLOP!", didn't believe it with China release coming up, was right about it) ... it won't be that profitable. And it sure ain't a hit. Just keeping it's head above the water. Ofcours, if KA2 does the same as the first one, it could be a very huge hit on the BLU RAY, DVD, VOD charts. That's why they greenlighted the second one in the first place. But the first one had a very strong and positive mouth-to-mouth effect, the second one hasn't.

About "Burt Wonderstone", indeed. That's what I mean. Didn't do well in the US, the result being WB pulled it back out of theatres in a lot of foreign areas. While Jim still scores big outside the US. I guess the chance of that happening (not releasing it, I mean) would not have been happened if the movie was released after two big hits. Ofcours, none of us can tell for sure, but ... it's what I believe / think.

I will not believe that "Dumb & Dumber To" can gross less than $100 million just in USA. He has more than 11 million Twitter followers, most of all actors in Hollywood. Everytime there are news from "Dumb & Dumber To" it gets lots of likes and comments. It will be huge, I just hope the production will continue to update us during filming, so there will be news and stories until the premiere.

I sure hope so. I do believe it will have a solid score at the box-office, but I wonder how much. A bit less? A huge hit? It's hard to tell ... This summer was proof that a lot of positive pre-buzz doesn't mean a thing. Let's hope together. :) Should be a hit, can't see why not. And then there's the fact the previous one is 20 years old and I have my doubts.

We all can hope for the best. Hope #DumbTo will be a great comedy, that should be marketed well to strike gold at boxoffice. And hope Jim doesn't take much time off. I want to see him starring back to back in good scripted movies.
AAlright! TAKE CARE NOW, BYE BYE THEN!
JimCrazy
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby JimCrazy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:44 am

And the wait is ON for the first look poster,teaser,trailer :charlie: :lloyd:
AAlright! TAKE CARE NOW, BYE BYE THEN!
JimCrazy
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:57 am

That's going to be a long wait. :D I'm really looking forward to see the "old" versions of both.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Veysel » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Dumb and Dumber To letter to the neighbors of Cabbagetown - will be filming on Pearl St and Kirkwood St
https://twitter.com/ATLWOOD411/status/3 ... to/1/large
Veysel

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Veysel wrote:Dumb and Dumber To letter to the neighbors of Cabbagetown - will be filming on Pearl St and Kirkwood St
https://twitter.com/ATLWOOD411/status/3 ... to/1/large

Thank you Veysel!

It's starting....And the countdown for the first pic of Jim on the set is on! :D
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Jimcarrey#1fan23 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:34 pm

I looked them up and they are far away from each other. Am I looking at the wrong places?
"everything was going so well, why are you doing this Stephen? I made you breakfast, and we were eating and...... The scramby eggs!" -Chip Douglas, the cable guy
Jimcarrey#1fan23
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Postby Veysel » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 am

Veysel

Postby Veysel » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Laurie Holden Takes Female Lead in Dumb and Dumber To
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=109016
Laurie Holden, best known for roles on both "The Walking Dead" and "The X-Files," has taken the female lead in Bobby and Peter Farrelly's upcoming comedy sequel, Dumb and Dumber To. Deadline reports that she'll join the previously-announced Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels, Kathleen Turner and Brady Bluhm.

Holden, who previous big screen work includes The Mist and (also with Jim Carrey) The Majestic, will play a villain by the name of Adele Pichlow, who seeks to use Harry and Lloyd as scapegoats for her evil scheme.

Dumb and Dumber To is going into production shortly with both Carrey and Daniels returning.
Veysel

Postby Veysel » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Laurie Holden, Rachel Melvin and Steven Tom Join ‘Dumb and Dumber To’
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/walki ... 200613635/
Laurie Holden, Rachel Melvin and Steven Tom have signed on to Universal and Red Granite Pictures’ “Dumb and Dumber To” starring Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels.
Kathleen Turner is also on board with Bobby and Peter Farrelly returning to direct the pic.

Plot details have not been revealed.

Red Granite will produce, finance and distribute “Dumb and Dumber To.” Universal has acquired the film’s domestic distribution rights.

EVP of production Jon Mone will oversee the project for Universal and David Koplan will oversee on behalf of Red Granite Pictures. Red Granite International, headed by Danny Dimbort and Christian Mercuri, handled Foreign.

The Farrelly brothers will produce alongside Red Granite’s Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland along with Bradley Thomas and Charlie Wessler. The most recent drafts of the script were written by “Horrible Bosses” scribes by John Morris and Sean Anders. Bennett Yellin Mike Cerrone have also written a previous draft.

Holden is repped by APA and Melvin is repped by ROAR and Innovative Artists. Tom is repped by O’Neill Talent Group and Silverberg Management Group.
Veysel

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:19 pm

I just saw that news and I almost panic cause for a second I confused her with Lauren Holly (from the first Dumb & Dumber). I would be shock if she was in the movie because there's no way he will work with her again.

I do like Lauren Holden. She's great and it's cool to see them together cause I absolutely love "The Majestic"!

I'm excited! :D
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:01 am

I think a lot of people are looking forward
to this sequel
from High School to the office
people are humming about it

Some people have just realized who
really played "Sea bass"
"I thought he looked familiar"
I've heard

The cast looks great and
glad to hear more news
on this
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Veysel » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:55 pm

bradybluhm ‏@bradybluhm
And it begins... Excited, but sad to leave these girls at home! #DumbTo #PerfectFamily pic.twitter.com/mNi7ZbIasA
https://twitter.com/bradybluhm/status/3 ... 20/photo/1
Veysel

Postby Veysel » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Farrelly Brothers ‏@farrellybros
Our vine to tell you to do your vine: #DumbTo
https://vine.co/v/hvXja22gTZv
Veysel

PreviousNext

Return to (2014) Dumb and Dumber To