Jim Carrey Online

K-A2 Reviews

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 7 - November 23, 2012

K-A2 Reviews

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:59 pm

The first reviews are coming in, since most of us just want to know one thing only ... I'll skip to the quote that's exactly about that. ;) When you click on the source, you can reed the whole review.

"The script does feature its fair share of laughs however, with Jim Carrey on scene-stealing form as the hilarious Colonel, who in spite of his clear insanity, gives the film heart and soul as well as laughs."
7.5/10 ,- IGN.com

"Carrey has since withdrawn support for ‘Kick-Ass 2’, slamming its ‘level of violence’. But his toothpaste grin has never been wider as he slices and dices."
3/5 ,- TimeOut

"Moretz is fantastic, again, this time given a more prominent role than in the first, as we delve deeper into her personal life, while Carrey is perfect in his role too – playing it with just enough eccentricity, but not going overboard, which is always an initial worry where he is concerned."
3/5 ,- HYG.UK

"Equipped with a quiff that would make '80s Rick Astley weep, Carrey delivers an understated turn that will subvert expectations from those expecting an onslaught of face-pulling histrionics and shouting."
3/5 ,- Digital Spy

Ofcours, you can find them alltogether on Rottentomatoes.com
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Re: K-A2 Reviews

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:37 pm

IGN ,- 3.75/5

Schmoes Know ,- 4.25/5

"Making strong, even sympathetic impressions amid the large ensemble are Carrey, meting out justice with great gusto, no matter what moral reservations set in after the fact; and John Leguizamo, bringing a welcome note of humane skepticism to his role as the Motherfucker’s paid lackey."
,- Variety

"A growly Jim Carrey is excellent as Kick-Ass’s new mentor and Christoper Mintz-Plasse is delightfully sleazy in his new bondage-inspired guise."
3/5 ,- SFX.uk

"They’re inspired by their leader, Colonel Stars and Stripes, born-again after a career as a mob enforcer. As played by Jim Carrey, he brings an actual sense of danger and depth to the otherwise shallow proceedings – but it doesn’t last long. Carrey, meanwhile, gives the only performance in the film that has any weight to it – and seems to be in a different universe altogether. He does something with the thrust of his jaw that both defines the character and makes him almost unrecognizable behind even a small bandit mask. It’s actually an interesting characterization, but of a character given too little time to otherwise make an impression."
2/5 ,- Hollywood & Fine

So far the negative reviews are winning, stating it isn't as fresh as the Original and the story is a mess. BUT - No bad words on Jim Carrey, in fact - he seems to be the most positive thing about the movie. The ones that did mention him in a negative way, only talked about the paycheck he got for it.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby EvaAraujo » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Oh it gets better Grinchy Steve!

My favorite review so far:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ryan/kick-ass-2-review-Jim-carrey_b_3752484.html

My intuition was right and I'm so glad I read a review that actually expressed what I was thinking. Unbelievable ...
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:29 am

It's a curious thing, while RottenTomotoes goes down under 30% (extremely bad) right now, IMDB is going up and up with a 7.5 (above good) score.

Also, I keep bumping on those reviews by respected reviewers that include a high score, but for some reason don't get picked up by RT. One example, Ramasscreen, who give it a 5/5. There are many more.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:05 pm

grinchy steve wrote:It's a curious thing, while RottenTomotoes goes down under 30% (extremely bad) right now, IMDB is going up and up with a 7.5 (above good) score.

Also, I keep bumping on those reviews by respected reviewers that include a high score, but for some reason don't get picked up by RT. One example, Ramasscreen, who give it a 5/5. There are many more.

Since I'm not into the review thing it's complicated for me to form an opinion but
I'm so tempted at asking people about what they thought of the movie, when I get to see it... In two weeks. :D
If there's not many people on the screen room I may ask. I really do. ^^x
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:13 pm

lmao......ah well, it's the closest i'll get to seeing him in a Domino mask i guess.... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:30 am

Also an rather uncommon thing on Rotten Tomatoes, the immense difference between the critics and the audiance. Critics are at 27% now, rotten. Audiance are at 80% fresh. :o

This is a very curious case. Now it's even at the point people are having heavy discussions on every movie-related forum I know. People start to defend Kick-Ass two and are actually point out the absurd Rotten Tomatoes score compared with the reactions of the audiance. I'm curious where this will go ...

The funny thing about is the fact that Carrey has both the KA2 lovers and haters on his hand. :)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:53 pm

grinchy steve wrote:Also an rather uncommon thing on Rotten Tomatoes, the immense difference between the critics and the audiance. Critics are at 27% now, rotten. Audiance are at 80% fresh. :o

This is a very curious case. Now it's even at the point people are having heavy discussions on every movie-related forum I know. People start to defend Kick-Ass two and are actually point out the absurd Rotten Tomatoes score compared with the reactions of the audiance. I'm curious where this will go ...

The funny thing about is the fact that Carrey has both the KA2 lovers and haters on his hand. :)

The critics have different opinions than the audience?
Funny... it's should surprise but it really doesn't! :D
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Retard_Messiah » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:44 pm

I saw it at the worldwide release date. I loved it. It was exactly as good as the first one. when it comes to Jim Carrey. If you haven´t seen movie stop reading now:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I thougt it was sad that Carreys character died to soon in the movie. I wanted more playtime for him in the movie. But I guess it was his destiny from the stroyline in the comics. But Jim Carrey was brilliant in the role as Colonel Stars and Stripes. Just a little bit more jokes for Carrey in the scrips would have done in it perfect. But in his scenes he was stealing the show. And I really love Chloë Grace Moretz as Hit-Girl.
Retard_Messiah
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:47 pm

fluffy wrote:lmao......ah well, it's the closest i'll get to seeing him in a Domino mask i guess.... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOLOL :lol:
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:50 pm

Retard_Messiah wrote:I saw it at the worldwide release date. I loved it. It was exactly as good as the first one. when it comes to Jim Carrey. If you haven´t seen movie stop reading now:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I literally had a comic book in my hands and I kinda flip through it so it's not spoiler to me... I figure it out though that the funeral scene we see in the trailer it's not for Colonel Stars and Stripes... But it's too much of a spoiler to tell you guys who is it for (based in what I saw in the comic book).
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Retard_Messiah » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Well sad It was with not so much of Jim Carrey in the movie. I expected more. But he his short appeareance was nice and crazy. I loved him. But why is Jim Carrey embarrased for the movie. all he have said on twitter. His character were not very violent. At least he didn not have a loaded gun. So he can still stand for the message in the "Cold Dead Hand". It was not violence in that movie in a bad way. His forgiving tweet is a mystery for me. But I am really looking forward to "Dumb & Dumber Too". I want to see Carrey in a leading role again. I love the other actors in Kick-Ass. But as a man obessed of Jim Carrey since years ago i want more focus on Jim in his movies in the future. At least in movies like kick-ass where his face is a big part of the movie poster. And I can also say the same about Burt Wonderstone. But I really loved Kick-Ass. The whole storyline in these movies av inredible.
Retard_Messiah
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 pm

Retard_Messiah wrote:Well sad It was with not so much of Jim Carrey in the movie. I expected more. But he his short appeareance was nice and crazy. I loved him. But why is Jim Carrey embarrased for the movie. all he have said on twitter. His character were not very violent. At least he didn not have a loaded gun. So he can still stand for the message in the "Cold Dead Hand". It was not violence in that movie in a bad way. His forgiving tweet is a mystery for me. But I am really looking forward to "Dumb & Dumber Too". I want to see Carrey in a leading role again. I love the other actors in Kick-Ass. But as a man obessed of Jim Carrey since years ago i want more focus on Jim in his movies in the future. At least in movies like kick-ass where his face is a big part of the movie poster. And I can also say the same about Burt Wonderstone. But I really loved Kick-Ass. The whole storyline in these movies av inredible.

The comic book had around 90 pages and his character does die in the first third of it so.
I wish there was more of Jim though, too.
He wasn't embarrassed. After taking a stand on gun-control he decided not to promote the movie (which considering he's only in 10 minutes of it, I think he did the right thing) but he also never told people not to see it either.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:32 pm

OMG Eva and Retard you are telling way too much.lol I whited out the spoilers so the people who have not seen it don't get upset I hope you do not mind. I am happy I saw it saturday night.lol

If anybody wants to read the spoilers in Evas and Retards posts just highlight their posts above

BTW Welcome back Retard!
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Retard_Messiah » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:38 am

cotton wrote:OMG Eva and Retard you are telling way too much.lol I whited out the spoilers so the people who have not seen it don't get upset I hope you do not mind. I am happy I saw it saturday night.lol

If anybody wants to read the spoilers in Evas and Retards posts just highlight their posts above

BTW Welcome back Retard!

I was writing Spoiler Warning and stop reading if you havent seen the movie.
Retard_Messiah
Dumb and Dumber To

Next

Return to (2013) Kick-Ass 2