Jim Carrey Online

Box Office

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming January 10 - March 31, 2012.

Re: Box Office

Postby jim carrey 85 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:02 pm

EvaAraujo wrote:I say it's time they give some countries a chance to higher that number!
Date for Portugal.. I will go there everyday! :lol:

OK. A few times! But I will!

AHHAHAHHAH YEAH!!! No, seriosly i'm reading comments on Face, everybody LOVED movie, i dont know why all hate
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby jim carrey 85 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:15 am

Nothing better overseas in Australia just 1 Million and in UK JUST 550 K so BIG BIG BIG fail i dont know why but yeap.....

http://www.studiobriefing.net/2013/03/overseas-box-office-much-like-the-one-at-home/
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby Catherine » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:38 pm

OMG, i feel so stupid, at first i thought HE Was Burt Wonderstone, until someone posted the pic of JC, Steve Grey, and now i know why people are dissapointed, cuase the movie wasnt based on JC and they m aybe think he should have been the lead, maybe thats why some people are dissapointed, like if the movie was about Steve Grey MR WONDERFUL that he is always, wow!!! i think people are spoiled, JC's fans want to see more of him and more is not enough even!! ya know what i mean!!! they want JC they want his magic and they dont want to share that with other talented actors being in the spotlight, but im sure James, being so humble doesnt think that way, he shares his limelight and fame, and that is why he is so loved ay? but when people say they are disapointed its not in James or his performance, they are dissapointed, that he wasnt the front man, like he was in alot of his movies, in a nut shell, majority of people going to see this film was becuase Jim was in it, if you take him out of the movie, ...im not sure that it would have done as good as it did!! James makes everything sparkle, and im not just saying that, i know it! Peace everyone, he still rockin our world, making people smile and happy hearts everywhere, its a gift and we should never downplay that, cuase it comes from the source who gave it, God. 8) 8) the almighty :kaufman: :wink:
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
Catherine
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby TaMiReS » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:02 pm

Ok Warner, time do something!
TaMiReS
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby EvaAraujo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:48 pm

TaMiReS wrote:Ok Warner, time do something!

Amen!
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:30 pm

There's nothing they can do. The first weekend killed all chances for Burt Wonderstone.

This weekend it earned only $4,275,000 and dropped 58%. In it's second week, this movie is in 7th place. With a total of $17,365,000, It's doing bad in the US.

UK : Same story. It's doing OK in Australia, but nothing more.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby EvaAraujo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:54 pm

grinchy steve wrote:There's nothing they can do. The first weekend killed all chances for Burt Wonderstone.

This weekend it earned only $4,275,000 and dropped 58%. In it's second week, this movie is in 7th place. With a total of $17,365,000, It's doing bad in the US.

UK : Same story. It's doing OK in Australia, but nothing more.

I don't know why the first weekend is so damn important. It only matter at the end of it when it comes out of the theaters.

Most people never know how a movie goes in the box office so... There's still a chance if other countries also get the movie.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:54 am

EvaAraujo wrote:I don't know why the first weekend is so damn important. It only matter at the end of it when it comes out of the theaters.

Most people never know how a movie goes in the box office so... There's still a chance if other countries also get the movie.

Nope. The first weekend is very important because of the simple fact the theatre-owners do care about the numbers. ;) When Burt Wonderstone came out, being one of the new movies that week, a theatre wants to have it as much as possible on the schedule. Meaning it takes the place of other movies. When it turns out this movie bombed, the first reaction of the theatre will be to show it less and if possible in a smaller room. That's normal, they need movies to make money. If, for example, The Call did a lot better, it's far more interesting to keep that higher on the schedule. That's how it goes. Everywhere.

Let's imagine that suddenly, in the second week, more people want to see BW than in the first week ... That wouldn't change much, the number of screens went down (way down) because of the bad opening. So many of them won't even have the chance to see it. Plus tree new movies came out, they demand a lot of screens. Those are the screens where Burt Wonderstone was last week.

You can't stop this. This is not the kind of movie that opens small and gets bigger and bigger because of the buzz, like 'Little Miss Sunshine' was. This was a movie that had to open big from the beginning.

Ofcours that tells nothing about the rest of the world. I have the feeling this will do less bad in Europe ... although a lot of countries still don't have a release-date ... Weird for a movie like this. On the other hand, so far this ain't a hit. Nowhere.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby TNPihl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:49 pm

No. 3 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $747,190 / 4 days (18-03-2013) / Total $10,924,447
No. 3 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $891,277 / 5 days (19-03-2013) / Total $11,815,724
No. 3 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $671,181 / 6 days (20-03-2013) / Total $12,486,905
No. 3 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $603,525 / 7 days (21-03-2013) / Total $13,090,430
No. 7 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $1,326,922 / 8 days (22-03-2013) / Total $14,417,352
No. 6 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $1,907,324 / 9 days (23-03-2013) / Total $16,324,676
No. 7 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $1,087,142 / 10 days (24-03-2013) / Total $17,411,818
No. 7 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $468,435 / 11 days (25-03-2013) / Total $17,880,253
No. 6 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $552,013 / 12 days (26-03-2013) / Total $18,432,266
No. 7 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $433,134 / 13 days (27-03-2013) / Total $18,865,400
No. 8 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $421,221 / 14 days (28-03-2013) / Total $19,286,621
No. 10 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $493,125 / 15 days (29-03-2013) / Total $19,779,746
No. 10 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $506,839 / 16 days (30-03-2013) / Total $20,286,585
No. 10 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $343,061 / 17 days (31-03-2013) / Total $20,629,646
No. 10 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $203,049 / 18 days (01-04-2013) / Total $20,832,695
No. 10 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $178,420 / 19 days (02-04-2013) / Total $21,011,115

Still doesn't look good. It will be very difficult for it to even gross $25 million.

The numbers in Australia are still ok. After three weeks in release it has grossed $2,5 million. Almost out of theaters in UK already, just no. 37 in its third weekend! :shock:

Today it opens in Germany. Interesting how Warner will promote it best in the countries to come. Have you heard about a Belgium release date Steven?

Check the updated list here:
http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/info/boxoffice.html
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:11 pm

Nope Tommy, no dates confirmed for Belgium, Netherlands and many others. :(
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:02 pm

*cross-post* WOW :shock:

This whole thing did hurt "Burt Wonderstone" in an extremely bad way. Last week it was on number ten at the box office. Now, 4th week, it's ... gone. :o It's not even in the top 50 anymore. Following the box office is something I do for about 15 years now. That's something that (almost) never happened before. It's over. Finished.

I can't believe all the negative vibes about Jim actually had the effect they were going for. I'm so shocked by this, I can imagine this could realy hurt his carreer and will have effect on green-lighting future projects. Usualy I'm very sober on all those things, but this happening worries me.

Reading all about this subject, I also learned that some of the theatres banned "Burt Wonderstone" over this. "Kick-Ass 2" has everything to be a solid hit, at least. There is also a very big fan base and the original movie became very hot worldwide by people talking about it in a very positive way, everywhere. But if this is possible ... I'm afraid that the upcoming Carrey movie will be hurt by this also. Even if "Kick-Ass 2" does well, that could actually mean it would have done outstanding if it wasn't for this.

Damn the media and the twisted influence it has. I have no words for this.

The Box office of this weekend : http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby TNPihl » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:25 pm

I have also followed box office results the last 15 years.

The new list from BoxOfficeMojo is still just the studio estimates. As I can see are none movies from Warner Bros added yet including "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone". If they are not added later tonight we will see the actual numbers tomorrow. :)

Burt Wonderstone is not out of theaters yet. It has played in 535 theaters this weekend, a big drop of 1,040 (-66.0%)!

When we see the results I think it will be in Top20.

I actually don't think 'Cold Dead Hand' has had much to say about this bad situation for the movie. There have just been so bad reviews of the trailer and from the screenings of it from the beginning.
And the song was released March 25. At that time the movie had already been in theaters 10 days and grossed just $17 million. :(

What worries me is what is going on with "Loomis Fargo". It was announced in January with filming to start in this month. No news about it since that time. :?
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Jim Carrey 85 wrote:
EvaAraujo wrote:I say it's time they give some countries a chance to higher that number!
Date for Portugal.. I will go there everyday! :lol:

OK. A few times! But I will!

AHHAHAHHAH YEAH!!! No, seriosly i'm reading comments on Face, everybody LOVED movie, i dont know why all hate

Well. I saw it and Jim is the best part of the movie. I know it sounds like I'm kicking in as his fan but it's true.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:18 pm

TNPihl wrote:(...)

I actually don't think 'Cold Dead Hand' has had much to say about this bad situation for the movie. There have just been so bad reviews of the trailer and from the screenings of it from the beginning.
And the song was released March 25. At that time the movie had already been in theaters 10 days and grossed just $17 million. :(

What worries me is what is going on with "Loomis Fargo". It was announced in January with filming to start in this month. No news about it since that time. :?

I agree with Tommy.
The movie was already in bad shape before the whole Cold Dead Hand thing started!

Well, it's strange but... Jim stopping twitting two days ago saying that "I'm taking a break now to follow my bliss." Maybe that means he's working a new project! And taking a break of twitter. :D
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:45 pm

TNPihl wrote:BoxOfficeMojo is still just the studio estimates. As I can see are none movies from Warner Bros added yet including "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone". If they are not added later tonight we will see the actual numbers tomorrow. :)

Ow, if so, my mistake. Last week and the week before those numbers were already up there. I though that was the case this time also. Too busy getting worried over this and just didn't notice, I guess. ;) I knew it's still in theatres, but since it wasn't in the list I assumed nobody went to see it.

Still a huge drop. And as much as I want to believe 'Cold Dead Hand' has nothing to do with that, it won't do any good either. And I'm afraid it did hurt, going from 'not doing that well' to 'bad'. Ofcours 17 million isn't good, but acceptable. As we can see many "rotten" movies get good numbers, so ... it realy must be the combination with the very lame (not so funny) trailers.

I'm wondering about Loomis Fargo also.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

PreviousNext

Return to (2013) The Incredible Burt Wonderstone