Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey teams up with The Eels - "Cold Dead Hand" Song

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Re: Jim Carrey teams up with The Eels - "Cold Dead Hand" Son

Postby Carrey's Girl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:50 pm

cotton wrote:Sorry but I did not mean you. I am talking about the 2 posts above yours. Actually nothing I said in that post was to you. Thats why I pointed out Scotland and Belguim.

Ok sorry.
I <3 Jim Carrey
Carrey's Girl
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:52 pm

cotton wrote:Ok this thread is gonna start getting offensive now???? Let me remind you that if it wasn't for the USA you guys wouldn't have half the stuff you have now. Jim and JCO are just 2 examples of that. NOT EVERYBODY IS BAD IN THE USA and every country has its problems including Scotland and Belguim NOT JUST THE USA! Shall I point out the problems in Scotland and Belguim???:(

Tell me, how could this be offensive? I don't feel offended when someone shares a vision about Belgium stated by facts. It's a fact news shows like it is in the US is something you will never see overhere. It's hard for us to understand how -for example- the things they are saying about Jim is actually possible during news. And it's a fact the policy on guns is totaly different and, because of that, problematic. There are problems everywhere, should that make me stop sharing my vision about some of the ones that were talked about?

Not everyone is bad in the USA? I know. Everyone with a bit of common sense knows. In fact, why should someone think something bad when you speak of the USA anyway? There's nothing pointing in that way. What do comments about the gun policy or the way news is presented in the US say about you? Nothing. I have good friends from the US, who live here for a while and share my thoughts on this. They love their country, but are able to talk about it also. Either is positive or negative. Doesn't matter. Shouldn't matter.

And for god sakes, saying things like "If we didn't, you wouldn't" ... C'mon. We're adults. No? If I was 10 years old I would answer in the same childish vibe with something like ... "If a spanish dude didn't discover your land, you wouldn't be there." I'm sorry, but if that is the tone, I'm leaving the discussion right now.

I shared thoughts on the way the news is presented and the gun policy. Nothing more, nothing less. Therefore, I don't get the fuzz you are making about this.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby cotton » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:06 pm

I'm sorry, but if that is the tone, I'm leaving the discussion right now.

Fine by me
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:56 pm

There is absolutely no reason to react like you did.

So back on topic, is this video available in HD somewhere, or is this suposed to be that blurry?
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby cotton » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 pm

cotton wrote:
Sorry but I did not mean you. I am talking about the 2 posts above yours. Actually nothing I said in that post was to you. Thats why I pointed out Scotland and Belguim.

Ok sorry.

Thats ok don't worry about it

There is absolutely no reason to react like you did.

Actually there is because its one thing to complain about the USA if you live here but when it comes from somebody who is from another country its comes off as being slightly prejuduce to us. Until you live here stop basing us on the news stories& problems with our law and stop pointing out what is wrong with us. Maybe you don't see it cause you think you are better then us but it can be very hurtful. :(
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Oh man!
Another discussion! :(
I wanna see peace and love here, guys!

Here's my opinion:
Every country is great. And every country sucks! For real.
Of course that we don't like when people point out what it's negative in our country cause we go into defense mode. Yet we know that every country has bad things and even more good things. ^^

I like USA. I think it's a great country and it has a lot of good people and things.
Same as mine. UK or any other.

I don't like the fact that sometimes good people/things get judge because of one bad thing. I don't think that it's fair and I'm completely against it.

The gun-law in USA needs to change and I think everyone here agrees with Jim in that issue.

Regarding the news however... let's face it. They are all bad, in any language in any country. I can see it here! It's so much negativity condensed that you feel depress. I don't see or read the news anymore because I wanna live my life in fullest and not survive through it by thinking about everything that could go wrong.

grinchy steve wrote:Real new anchors keep their opinions for themselves during the news. They bring facts, objective facts.

I agree. They should... yet, they don't! In fact most of the times, they do a really bad, unprofessional job. Again, I see it here in Portugal all the time. And I believe that in some way, in every country that happens. Fox News in USA is obviously the bad in USA, by the way they attacked Jim. (I wouldn't know much more cause I don0t see the show.)
Yet. I'm not gonna say that happens with every news show in USA cause I believe that ain't true.

cotton wrote:(..) Until you live here stop basing us on the news stories& problems with our law and stop pointing out what is wrong with us. Maybe you don't see it cause you think you are better then us but it can be very hurtful. :(

I understand how hurtful that can be. Portugal can be made fun a lot, especially being a small country. I personally feel sometimes like we're the joke in Europe, and probably it's all in my head but I also know that, they are not here so it's easy to trust your first impression of something. I have learn not to trust mine cause I've been burn way too many times. But for some people it's like an instinct that never failed. So... It's hurts but we know better. ^^
But again. We're all screw ups and we're all amazing. That's the beauty of the world. :D

Ain't it funny, how the shit is the same, the location is different? I love my country but less faced it: It's not perfect. And no other is.
May sound unpatriotic of me but... before being Portuguese, I'm a human being from Earth.So I'll admit it! My country is the best fucked up country in the World.
It's your turn Steve and Cotton. ^^' Say it...

Now come on, Steve and Cotton...
Kiss and make up! And it better be with tongue... I wanna see some action! :D :lol:
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:43 pm

I have no problem with Cotton. Also, there is no reason to be offended with what I said. And it was -ofcours- nothing against people who live in the US. Again, I am not complaining about the US, I'm against certain policy (guns, for example) and to me it doesn't matter if it's in my own country, next door country or a country on the other side of the ocean. When something "comes of as ..." that's interpretation. And nothing more or less.

We are people of the planet Earth, that's how I see it indeed. Belgium is a mess on many levels, and ofcours I have a vision on that also. When people can't understand what was going on with our government for a few years long, that's normal. We also didn't understand. And I'm glad someone from far away cares to have an opinion. And, as I said before, there are things going on everywhere. Europe is being negative towards Greece, why? It's not that people that live there have something to do with the situation they got in. Same for Portugal and others. I feel bad for them, have (real-life) friend all over the world. And we can be next.

Anyway - Just like Jim and for the same reasons, I have a strong heart for his contribution on this level. And I think it's a shame what (for example) FOX did. That's all I'm saying. That's all. All.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby jim carrey 85 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:36 pm

grinchy steve wrote:I
Belgium is a mess on many levels, and ofcours I have a vision on that also.

What should i say about my country you have NO idea in how many troubles Serbia is so i dont know why but in the world everybody see us like we are i dont know idiots or something but point is like Steven said here actually nowone cares about anything i mean when something happens Media dont react like in USA (nothing offending) you just overreacting about small things but hopefuly i would love some day to go to usa!!!

EvaAraujo wrote:I understand how hurtful that can be. Portugal can be made fun a lot, especially being a small country.

Being SMALL COUNTRY you are like USA for us!!! :DD :)) haha i'm just saying that Steve and Cotton should kiss and make up and then we all go together and watch The Incredible Steve Gray!.............oh wait it's The Incredible Burt Wonderstone :D :)
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby fluffy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:14 am

??........i wasn't being offensive though........i was just saying i don't understand the reticence regarding social healthcare and gun laws..........that's not being offensive.....i'm genuinely puzzled.......and yeah Scotland has it's big problems too.....everywhere has........i'm not denying that....... :(
one interesting thing is in the Uk we are all very cynical and we constantly poke fun at the government and the country in general......i guess we're pretty unique in that......lol
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:22 am

Jim Carrey 85 wrote:Being SMALL COUNTRY you are like USA for us!!! :DD :)) haha i'm just saying that Steve and Cotton should kiss and make up and then we all go together and watch The Incredible Steve Gray!.............oh wait it's The Incredible Burt Wonderstone :D :)

LOLOL There's always one bigger, one smaller, and one on the same size. :P
Man, it's all cool!
We are all awesome! :lol:

Great idea!
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:28 am

lol........we shouldn't squabble folks.........i think we all pretty much share the same ideas and opinions, it's just that they've maybe come out wrong or awkwardly.......
back to topic.........how do we hype 'Cold Dead Hand' into the charts...?.......lol......
:D :D :D :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:31 am

fluffy wrote:(...)
one interesting thing is in the Uk we are all very cynical and we constantly poke fun at the government and the country in general......i guess we're pretty unique in that......lol

We gotta make fun, otherwise we'll cry! :D
We have to make fun of our problems otherwise they will consume us.

fluffy wrote:lol........we shouldn't squabble folks.........i think we all pretty much share the same ideas and opinions, it's just that they've maybe come out wrong or awkwardly.......
back to topic.........how do we hype 'Cold Dead Hand' into the charts...?.......lol......
:D :D :D :D

Agreed.

We have to buy a lot of copies! And make sure all the people does it... even by force!!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 am

lol..........can you imagine if Jim did top the charts with it?........Oh My....... :shock: :lol: :lol: .......but seriously, he's got an amazing voice, autotune aside, the boy can really sing............ :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:32 am

Since a certain group of people is so negative about this, I wonder if they will actually refuse to go to his movie(s). I can imagine some of them will ignore Kick-Ass for that. On the other hand, if that is the case, it works the other way around also. Some people who are with Jim on this, will watch his movie to support him.

Is there a link where I can see the whole video ? The Funny or Die page is extremely slow. And I can't find the actual video on youtube. I want to share it on Facebook, but can't find it.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:36 am

fluffy wrote:one interesting thing is in the Uk we are all very cynical and we constantly poke fun at the government and the country in general......i guess we're pretty unique in that......lol

That's why I love Brittish comedy. :) Overhere there are also shows that make fun of ourselves and the way things go in Belgium. Love it.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

PreviousNext

Return to Stop The Press!