Jim Carrey Online

Burt Wonderstone Reviews

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming January 10 - March 31, 2012.

Re: Burt Wonderstone Reviews

Postby jim carrey 85 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:00 am

Here also OZ huge hit!!! but i saw the movie and it's all about special effects and that 3D thing :D but it's amazing, story is not that good.
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:37 pm

Also look at the $
How much it cost to produce Oz and all the CG & special effects
and promotion costs
compared to
Burt
you will see a big difference
Oz has to be on top due to the overall cost
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:08 am

that's very true............a lot of jobs depend on it i guess......
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby jim carrey 85 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:36 pm

Well i watched Burt Wonderstone and Jim scenes are less than i tought it would be :P but movie is nothing special :P
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:39 pm

True, we don't see him nearly enough but
that's what it advertised.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jim carrey 85 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:51 pm

And i have just one question i read that Steve Gray would do a lot of stuffs here is just example :

"The upcoming pay-per-view event “Steve Gray’s Triathlon of Torture” will put Steve Gray to the ultimate test as he attempts to survive a seemingly endless cycle of waterboarding, sleep deprivation and running for his life."

or

"Steve Gray exploded to worldwide cult status after a fan posted a YouTube video of the daring street magician/illusionist turning himself into a human Hot Pocket and being served to 400 drunken college students at a frat party."

OR

"He seared himself further into the folds of our minds with the premiere of his TV series in which he made love to a shark for 4 minutes while holding his breath and wearing a chum suit."

WHERE IS ALL THAT PEOPLE!!! i bet he in the script do all this stunts, that would make him bigger role in the movie, but they didnt do not single thing from this, Jim said that at one point Steve Gray should shoot himself but Jim didnt whant to do that....point is that movie would be SO much better with all this things, question people WHY WHY WHY did they ruined this character and movie(we all agree that Jim's character is so much cooler and better than burt wonderstone :D)???
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:58 am

I have no idea why Jim had a
minor roll,
does not make sense but they
made the choice,
they have to live with it
Jim is very creative
use it, he's worth it
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:08 am

RIP TONY SOPRANO

The incredible James Gandolfini (The Sopranos), who was also in Burt Wonderstone, died today at the age of 51. According to the most articles out there he had a heart-attack on vacation in Italy.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Retard_Messiah » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Totally not enough airtime for Jim Carrey in this movie. Jim is stealing the show in his scenes. I love his overacting skills when he plays Steve. But the rest of the movie is kind of boring when Jim Carrey is not in it.
Retard_Messiah
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:17 am

And at the end a the year, a positive note for Burt Wondestone. YAHOO! Movies published a list with the 13 most underrated movies of 2013. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone is in 4th place. 8)

We'll admit, the trailer for this one made it look pretty craptastic; so expectations were set firmly at bay going in. But what a trick Steve Carell and company pull off in this comedy clearly inspired by Kris Angel's feats and Siegfried and Roy's hair. A bit schmaltzy, yes, but there are a surprising amount of genuinely laugh-out-loud moments here, and in a bit part, it's the funniest Jim Carrey has been years (turns out he can be better served in small doses). The definitive "worth a rental" pick. — Yahoo Movies
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:54 am

Agree, turning fairytales into
gruesome stuff
rather see Fairytales turned
to comedy/adventure
eg. The 10th Kingdom
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:25 am

I finally saw Burt Wonderstone. Well ... When I rank all of Jim's comedies since Ace, this one is in last place. For a movie that features two great comedians, there's not much to laugh about. Bad? No. I wasn't bored or anything like that. But as a comedy, it failed. Didn't deliver the laughs it promised.

I really liked seeing Jim being his good old comedic self, but the material he had to work with wasn't always that good. He kinda stole the show, though.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Previous

Return to (2013) The Incredible Burt Wonderstone