Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Planes

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Are you afraid of flying?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes : 15

Planes

Postby thecablegal » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:10 pm

My worst fears were close to coming true last night!

My family are on holiday in USA for 2 weeks, and all i've been worried about is their flight! I just found out there was a problem with their plane, and they had to go to Canada, the LUCKY LUCKY buggers!!! One, they are still alive, phew, and 2 they get an added bonus to their holiday!

Anyone here afraid of flying? I'm absolutely terrified!
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:25 pm

No, I already flight 35 till 40 times in my life. Don't you know what Jim says in "Dumb and Dumber" as Lloyd to Mary when they drive to the airport? According to the statistics you rather die on your way to the airport than during the flight :wink: :D .
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby carreyd away » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:45 pm

I have a bigger fear of being stuck in an airport than flying! The security is so tight I was detained once for having a roll of quarters in my bag on a trip back from Vegas. In the x-ray they thought it was a gun. The people held me aside for more than 20 minutes while they emptied my entire contents of my bag and wiped them with cloths to find any residue. I thought they were going to call the dogs on me. I know why they do it and I do appreciate the fact that they are so thorough, but it sucks when you're being treated like a criminal.
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:24 pm

Yes, I know what you mean. I never had it myself because I was never in America, yet and only there and in a few other countries it seems to be so hard but a friend of me was for six weeks in America some time ago and he also said that he felt like a criminal when the security searched after guns and drugs. He had to go into a single room and they checked everything until they had seen his last pocket. He said, he was glad that he didn't have to put all his clothes off.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Nano75 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:51 pm

Yeah, I'm afraid, too. It's this: How can a thing that weighs sooo much stay in the air?? Unbelievable! What frightens me is the weird sounds the motors make and that I don't have a chance if the plane crashs down. It's a feeling of helplessness. It's just uncanny. But I do fly coz you can't go everywhere by car... But I'm always happy when I'm down on the ground again...
"Whatever makes you feel good when you sit down and do it,
is what you should be chasing in your life." - Jim Carrey
Nano75
The Number 23

Postby cotton » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:54 pm

No offense to the people in Iowa. A few years ago I had to there and to tell you the truth the best part about the trip was riding in the plane and believe me that was boring. One time I had to go to Michigan and for some odd reason the plane dropped about 100 hundred feet. That was scary but if I had to take a plane again I would do it. They don't seem to scare me. They scare my mom tho. One time when the whole family was going to Florida my mom was going to make out a will because she was so sure she wasn't going to make it off the plane alive. :lol: :roll:
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby thecablegal » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:50 pm

I gotta do the flight to USA next year... I'll have to put up with it I guess, cos I can't go if I don't fly there! 9 hours is a worry though!
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Unchained » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:31 pm

I'm a little afraid of flying. Just the take off freaks me out. My sister is a flight attendent. She told me you get used to it after a while.
Unchained
The Majestic

Postby Cheryl Anna » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:54 pm

I flew to Germany twice when I was a teenager. That was 9 hours each way. The most anxious parts for me were the take offs and landings-especially the descent into smogy L.A. X.

Flying now that I am becoming handicapped is a little scary-I have no way to run off the plane by myself.

I flew up to Sacramento 10 years ago-and it was a little embarrasing. All of the able-bodied people stood behind the gate and watched as me and my wheelchair were lifted into the plane. (They wouldn't let me hold onto the railing and climb the stairs-like everyone else. It was their policy-or maybe hysteria-that made me have to ride that lift. I won't ride a lift even in buses-I don't want to be treated differently than anyone else. If I can, I'll take the stairs-thank you very much. )
Cheryl Anna
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Jim-aholic » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:49 am

I wouldn't know if I'm afraid of flying... because I never flew before.
I'm not afraid of heights... so I think I wouldn't be scared... just a little nervous maybe to get on that plane... but once it takes off... I will be fine I think.
bumblebeetuna... bumblebeetuna!!
Jim-aholic
High Strung

TAKE OFFS AND LANDINGS

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:20 pm

The take offs and landings are a little freaky as I remember.
It's been awhile since I've been on a plane though so maybe
it's better now.
My dad worked in a plant that built planes.
I remember touring the Concord many years ago.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Nevrandil » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:36 pm

I´m afraid of flying but I slowly learn how to deal with it. I have to since my boyfriend lives in London/England and me in Berlin/Germany. I can´t stand a more-than-2 hours-flight though. It scares me to death to have no chance whatever happenes. (Like Nano said).

On the other hand I love planes and airports.. I could stay there and watch the planes forever.. amazing.. :lol:

Other thing that scares me is those terrorists thread..you might think: that doesn´t really happen..[-x you´re wrong: when my boyfriend flew back to London his plane was diverted to Amsterdam because of a terrorist thread which said: Something will happen to Flight BA983... :? :( God I hope this Click here *sighs* never happenes again.. :(

sorry to bore you...
The Prosiness yay errr YAY (UD 30-11-04)

Pull me outta here...
~~Scrobble!!~~
Nevrandil
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby samurai_cable » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:52 am

I'm not too scared of flying... all my trips so far have been fine. I just have the problem of getting air-sick, and I really hate that. But I definetely prefer flying over going on a ship, because i get terribly sea-sick........ ekk...

Then again... terrorists are scary.... i guess the security levels are increasing though, so it should be fine... is it? :?
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Return to Off Topic