Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

has anyone ever been hypnotised

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

has anyone ever been hypnotised

Postby carreylegend » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:11 am

Ok so serious question has anyone ever done this with a proper professional and did it work. Thinking of doing it to free up my head about an anxiety thing........Is it a waste or does it work.......experiences please if it isn't too personal or upsetting for you. xxxxthank you
carreylegend
Bruce Almighty

Re: has anyone ever been hypnotised

Postby fluffy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:33 pm

i have a friend who has just qualified as a neuro-linguistic practioner 'master'. She talks very highly of self hypnosis and it's really helped her over a difficult period, divorce, job probs etc........but i dunno about the Derren Brown, unconscious kind. I've been to shows where folk have eaten onions, pretended to be chickens and stripped on stage though, so it's a really powerful thing........if i were you i'd investigate the NLP type of self hypnosis/meditation, the theory is that you will only do what in your heart you know you want to do.....you won't be eating any onions.......lol
Yoga is very good at focussing the mind and teaching you meditation.....you could try that first.. :wink: :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:29 pm

I have a few stories on this one but running out of time
I'll try another time
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreylegend » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:15 am

hey thanks fluffs but want the ultra Darren Brown stuff to get rid of my fear of something, like totally banged out going to ask my GP this week to arrange it so if I don't remember any of you a few months down the line ...ha i loved ya all for a brief period of time xx

fluffy wrote:i have a friend who has just qualified as a neuro-linguistic practioner 'master'. She talks very highly of self hypnosis and it's really helped her over a difficult period, divorce, job probs etc........but i dunno about the Derren Brown, unconscious kind. I've been to shows where folk have eaten onions, pretended to be chickens and stripped on stage though, so it's a really powerful thing........if i were you i'd investigate the NLP type of self hypnosis/meditation, the theory is that you will only do what in your heart you know you want to do.....you won't be eating any onions.......lol
Yoga is very good at focussing the mind and teaching you meditation.....you could try that first.. :wink: :D
carreylegend
Bruce Almighty

Return to Off Topic