Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Hiding Out!!

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Hiding Out!!

Postby Cheryl Anna » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:43 pm

Someone is going to call from "Who's Who in America" and try to sell me the 2005 "Who's Who in America" books, $285.00 is the discounted price. She is supposed to call at 2:00 p.m., but I can't afford it. I just lucked out and got in that book by donating three poems to the National Ataxia Foundation. I am not rich-and I do not have a high-priced job like many of the other people in those books. I am just a disabled girl who is 97 pounds and 5 foot eight (my genetic handicap makes it impossible to gain weight-although I've really, really tried), I can't drive, I slur my words when I talk, and I have tremors.

I am embarassed that I can't buy those books, but maybe, someday, I can write something that sells so that I can afford the books.
Cheryl Anna
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

CAN YOU FIND WHO'S WHO INFO ON THE NET

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:29 pm

Is it possible to see a preview and a few articles over the net on
WHO's WHO?
Also, I think I've seen it at the library, so when you want to look it up
there it is, I wonder if there is an internet library, where you can look up
stuff.HMMMM :-k
Don't be embarrased most people understand that we are all in
different financial circustances.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreyd away » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:22 pm

Cheryl Anna, those books are a scam any way. I hate to break this to you, but all it is is a directory for telemarketers, advertising agencies, phone book directories and reference guide people to send junk mail and spam. That's why they charge so much money for it. They make it sound like it's an honor and a big deal to be included, but anyone who has ever been put on a mailing list is in there. You can get the same information off of any search engine in the "Reference - Phone Directories"

Don't pay the price, it's a con game.
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Re: Hiding Out!!

Postby carreyd away » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:39 pm

Cheryl Anna wrote:Someone is going to call from "Who's Who in America" and try to sell me the 2005 "Who's Who in America" books, $285.00 is the discounted price.

This just angers me to no end. People who con disabled or elderly people out of their meager income should be publicly stoned. How do these people sleep at night?

I received the same notice and went through the fine print. Trust me, this is a scam. Please don't be embarrased or feel stupid, these types of aggressive sales people are scum. They make you feel like a victim so you'll pay out of shame. The bastards.
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby SandsoftheHourglass » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:44 am

Who wants a book about who's who? That is the biggest gimmick......just pull out your local white pages CHERYL ANNA....and pick a name......that is at least "somebody" ..........oh boy :shock:
" Why didn't you help the little old lady cross the street? She needed to get to the other side?"

"Clap On. Clap off "
SandsoftheHourglass
The Duck Factory

Postby Cheryl Anna » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:49 am

"Who's Who in America" is a yearly printed book (it started in 1898) and publishes the biographies of 10,000 of the achievers and contributors in the country. I have donated 3 poems and an article to GENERATIONS, a publication of The National Ataxia Foundation (the magazine that explains the many forms of ataxia and offers support to many people).

It is a great honor!! I still can't afford the book though. They did send me a printout of what my biography will look like. That's enough. I think I'll frame it.

I'm glad that I didn't buy the book though-its too much, and I need all of my extra money for Christmas.
Cheryl Anna
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby thecablegal » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:25 pm

I don't think you read what the others said!
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to Off Topic