Jim Carrey Online

Somebody stop me : The life and time of Jim Carrey

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Somebody stop me : The life and time of Jim Carrey

Postby EvaAraujo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:51 am

Hi!
I just found out about this documentary that supposedly aired in CBS in 2000!
It's was made by Cogent Benger: http://cogentbenger.com/documentaries/somebody-stop-me/
Does anyone knows where I can see it online or can anyone upload it to you tube or something...
The things I'm missing... Damn! :shock:

Thank you all :D
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Re: Somebody stop me : The life and time of Jim Carrey

Postby cotton » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:25 am

I have one called Life and Times from 2000. I haven't watched it in a long time. I will check it out and see if its the same.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:10 am

cotton wrote:I have one called Life and Times from 2000. I haven't watched it in a long time. I will check it out and see if its the same.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! :D :D :D :D
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:47 am

Ok it is the same. Lets hope Youtube allows it.

I do not like Leatrice Spevack much. She seems money hungry to me. :?

I wonder how he did that cigarette trick with his ear and nose :lol:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

YW! YW! YW! lol

I am tired of people making comments about the audio in some of my videos. I have tried everything to make them in stereo and I asked professionals and they all told me that it is impossible to make VHS tapes in stereo. So sorry peeps if you want to see old Jim clips in stereo you will need to look elsewhere.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:47 pm

cotton wrote:Ok it is the same. Lets hope Youtube allows it.

YW! YW! YW! lol

I am tired of people making comments about the audio in some of my videos. I have tried everything to make them in stereo and I asked professionals and they all told me that it is impossible to make VHS tapes in stereo. So sorry peeps if you want to see old Jim clips in stereo you will need to look elsewhere.

People should understand that tape and DVD are two different things.
I get it Cotton. I know you can't make the sound better... I don't think I could either, is just the quality.
Thank you so much for uploading it. ^^' If you need help let me know.
I wish I had something good to upload to my account... I hate being a late fan. I missed so much! ^^
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Carrey's Girl » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Wow thanks for the videos i havent watch them yet i only scanned through the first one i got choked at one point when i seen Jim do Tom Jones and seeing that makes me want to see that stand up. :oops: :D So thank you :D :D :D And i don't care about the audio i'm actually used to it VHS isn't the best quality in the world so i can see why the audio is like that.
I <3 Jim Carrey
Carrey's Girl
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby cotton » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:41 pm

YW to both of you. Has anybody here ever seen the Biorythym episode about Jim? I may upload it sometime but I am nervous to cause its owned by Viacom and Viacom sues people who use their videos
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Carrey's Girl » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:25 pm

cotton wrote:YW to both of you. Has anybody here ever seen the Biorythym episode about Jim?

Never Heard of it .
I <3 Jim Carrey
Carrey's Girl
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:26 am

cotton wrote:YW to both of you. Has anybody here ever seen the Biorythym episode about Jim? I may upload it sometime but I am nervous to cause its owned by Viacom and Viacom sues people who use their videos

No I haven't! It's from what year?
Well then maybe you should do it...
Or instead, make the video as you normally do and upload to a website to give a link for download...
That way we can still see it but that would require that people would have to download it. (Free download by the way... ^^') If you want my help, I have do it before so I can tell you how.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone but honestly that's the only way something to see somethings. It's sucks but it's true. :(

It's your call Cotton, still THANK YOU! :D
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:44 am

its from 1999. And the best part about it besides Jim is that JCO gets credit for the production! MTV got in touch with head of the JCO Staff who at the time was BCDAVIS and asked her to help them and she did. Then they made Jim watch it lol This biography is weird and a bit scary but its worth watching.

Or instead, make the video as you normally do and upload to a website to give a link for download

What website is that?
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:54 pm

cotton wrote:its from 1999. And the best part about it besides Jim is that JCO gets credit for the production! MTV got in touch with head of the JCO Staff who at the time was BCDAVIS and asked her to help them and she did. Then they made Jim watch it lol This biography is weird and a bit scary but its worth watching.

Or instead, make the video as you normally do and upload to a website to give a link for download

What website is that?

it's MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/
You upload the video there. The longer he video the longer it will take. Don't divide it in parts because you don't need to, for this.
After it's done... it will give you a url link.
If you send that link to person or post it here (don't post it on youtube, I don't know if they will erase the video so it's better not to take any chances... lol) anyone who clics on it will be able to download the video and see it. By the way it also means the person would keep it so if you're not ok with that, either don't do it or at the end of the video put the link of JCO or whatever you want to serve as "uploading rights" something... :lol:

If you need any more help. I can make a video explaining in detail how it done.
Just let me know!
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby carreylegend » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:11 am

cotton wrote:Ok it is the same. Lets hope Youtube allows it.

YW! YW! YW! lol

You know people complaining about small stuff like that makes me soooo mad. Why can't people just appreciate the flippin effort you put in to make it available. This guy who did that amzing JC birthday video who spent hours and hours and days and days making it all fit together. You then get some dumb ass saying " oh why can't you have put this clip in, oh why can't you have picked this music". Are these people serious just ((&^$I*I&^% appreciate what someone has given you for free and it's brilliant and shut up.....PEED OFF WITH THIS TYPE OF BS MOANING xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
carreylegend
Bruce Almighty

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:38 am

carreylegend wrote:You know people complaining about small stuff like that makes me soooo mad. Why can't people just appreciate the flippin effort you put in to make it available. This guy who did that amzing JC birthday video who spent hours and hours and days and days making it all fit together. You then get some dumb ass saying " oh why can't you have put this clip in, oh why can't you have picked this music". Are these people serious just ((&^$I*I&^% appreciate what someone has given you for free and it's brilliant and shut up.....PEED OFF WITH THIS TYPE OF BS MOANING xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I totally agree with you.
I follow the career of a Portuguese actor and I'm the only who has a YouTube account and puts all of his work on YouTube.
Now, I have over 2.000 videos! Interviews, tributes, and work itself.
Lately I'm recording a soup opera (or telenovela or TV series if you prefer) that he's making as the lead character and I do it everyday!!! And there's a new episode everyday with about 45 minutes.
A couple of weeks a go, a girl send me a comment saying that I put the episode way to late at night, and that she wouldn't see it unless I put it earlier. Some people have a lot of nerve!
I was mad because:
First, She wasn't doing me a favor. I WAS!
Second, I made a video showing the process so people would understand that it takes its time, it's already a long process (and I'm using DVD) on its own, imagine if there's any problems - which by the way it has already happen.
I mean, I understand waiting so badly to see something and I love sharing what I have (I really do) but I've showed consistency and I warn everybody that I would do it until the last episode (for all of you to get an idea: the number of episodes will probably reach 300) so they know the episodes are coming. And when they don't or if there's any delay I warn again. In fact I start making the videos as soon as the episode ends...
It's a no-paying job but I have been in the reverse situation of looking for info and I couldn't find a damn thing.
You all in JCO are a good example, I mean, I totally depend on the internet to get to see anything related to Jim Carrey.
That's why every time Cotton puts a new video I thank her. I really do know what she's doing and that's why I offered my help. I get it! :D

I'm with you girl! Hooray to Cotton! =D> \:D/ \:D/

Sorry about the venting text... Lol
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:46 am

EvaAraujo wrote:
cotton wrote:its from 1999. And the best part about it besides Jim is that JCO gets credit for the production! MTV got in touch with head of the JCO Staff who at the time was BCDAVIS and asked her to help them and she did. Then they made Jim watch it lol This biography is weird and a bit scary but its worth watching.

What website is that?

You upload the video there. The longer he video the longer it will take. Don't divide it in parts because you don't need to, for this.
If you send that link to person or post it here (don't post it on youtube, I don't know if they will erase the video so it's better not to take any chances... lol) anyone who clics on it will be able to download the video and see it. By the way it also means the person would keep it so if you're not ok with that, either don't do it or at the end of the video put the link of JCO or whatever you want to serve as "uploading rights" something... :lol:

Just let me know!

TY for the link

OK I tried to upload the Jay Leno interview using this uploader but I ran into a big problem. I cannot afford to pay for this site monthly right now cause I owe money to other people and if I use the free version it only allows me to upload 200 MB at a time. 200 MB I think is only about 4 minutes and I have about a half hr of footage.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:20 am

cotton wrote:
EvaAraujo wrote:

Just let me know!

TY for the link

OK I tried to upload the Jay Leno interview using this uploader but I ran into a big problem. I cannot afford to pay for this site monthly right now cause I owe money to other people and if I use the free version it only allows me to upload 200 MB at a time. 200 MB I think is only about 4 minutes and I have about a half hr of footage.

I'm gonna test it . So I will send you a link by private message of a video that I'm currently making of that test! I guess for video heavier than 200 MB you have to divide to conquer the liberty of your wallet! Lol ^^'
Don't sign up. It's not necessary. :)
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Next

Return to Stop The Press!