Jim Carrey Online

Exclusive: Bruce Almighty, Dumb & Dumber Sequels Planned Re

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Re: Exclusive: Bruce Almighty, Dumb & Dumber Sequels Planned

Postby fluffy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:36 pm

.......we're all entitled to our opinions though......no-one is being nasty about it or Jim bashing,.....besides, let's face it it's highly unlikely our views will filter through to him, he has his advisers to listen to.........
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby WesleyIsMe » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:05 pm

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52559

Here is another tidbit on an upcoming Bruce Almighty sequel from Ain't-It-Cool News.
WesleyIsMe
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby DarkoCPA » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:40 pm

fluffy wrote:.......we're all entitled to our opinions though......no-one is being nasty about it or Jim bashing,.....besides, let's face it it's highly unlikely our views will filter through to him, he has his advisers to listen to.........

It doesn't matter that he has advisers. True fans is what really matters becoz if you have it in your heart it doesn't get broken. Especially if you know the person very well you just take it easy. You give that vibe of love and it is reached by the one you truely think deserve it. The vibe from this topic is completely wrong. To be honest it is very strange.

What you don't believe can kill you

SCREW SLEEP! - Nancy Thompson
DarkoCPA
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:43 am

There's no such thing as a wrong vibe in that content. Jim Carrey might be my favorite actor and comedian, should that make me blind? I'm having doubts about this Almighty 2 project, the fact that I do doesn't change my mind about the talent of Jim and the fact I hope he's having a splendid time doing it. Does that make me less of a fan?

As a fan, I'm just thinking about his carreer, there are so many interesting things to do and roles he could play. Comments are negative about these projects already ... I keep defending him as an artist, but I'm actually able to understand when people are starting to have doubts and say things like ... "Is he going to be the next Eddie Murphy?" Children movies, unnecessary sequels, ... It has been a while since Jim did something extraordinary. Snicket and Eternal Sunshine (both 2004)was the last highlight as a performing artist imo. And yeah, Phillip Morris also. All the real interesting projects were cancelled or moved.

I'm hoping the best for 'Burt Wonderstone' and I have high hopes for some possible projects ... but they all seem to take a long, long, loooong time and eventually get cancelled ... 'Bruce Almighty 2' and 'Dumb & Dumber 2' ... I don't know. Doubts.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:53 am

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :D ........i ask myself, what is more beneficial?.... sycophantic fawnings or constructive discussion?.....We've all got ideas and opinions and Jim is NOT going to be struck down by some terrible repercussion if we disagree with something......
Far better to express our mutual thoughts respectfully :D
(lol.....and as i've already said, it won't make a blind difference to the outcome....lol)
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:05 pm

It's just opinions. I mean we can agree or disagree but he will do what he feels best.
I will always support what he does because I know no one can ever please everyone so.
I love both Jim and his work. I can watch his entire filmography but I obvious have movie I like and see more often than others.

I don't know what story they will come up to make Bruce Almighty. I think that part of the success of the movie will be the story so we have to wait.

Dumb and Dumber may have more possibilities because the ending wasn't conclusive. But again... it's all about the story.
For me for a sequel to be good the story has to be good and the cast has to be the same has the previous film. If that doesn't happen it may be a disaster. (Dumb & Dumber Prequel, Son of Mask, etc. are good examples)
That's just my opinion though...
At the end of the day I still love Jim and I will be sitting in that chair sharing my popcorn with "him" in the theater!
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:37 pm

I wonder who will direct Bruce Almighty since Tom Shadyac doesn't do that anymore :(
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby JimChangedMe » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:08 pm

EvaAraujo wrote:Hello everybody!

I just came across this article in a website and aparently Jim is planing a sequel to both "Bruce Almighty" and "Dumb & Dumber".
I wouldn't pay attention to this if it was quote from Jim Carrey itself...

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78391

I can't for the video!

I actually watched the interview where he said this. It was around the time "Mr. Popper's Penguins" was a month or so away from releasing. He basically said he finally feels like going back and doing a sequel after all of these years. There was no confirmation of anything happening though. He also mentioned Ace Ventura and The Mask as options.
Austin Williamson: Future Actor
JimChangedMe
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Postby SA JCFan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:11 pm

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/univers ... Jim-Carrey

I'm very surprised with this news. I really admired Jim on keeping that "no sequels" rule for a long time in his career. While I am happy to hear him break it for "Dumb and Dumber", I'm not too happy with "Bruce Almighty" being another exception. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE the movie but I don't think it can or should be revisited. Director Tom Shadyac will most likely not return so it would be interesting to see who will take over.
SA JCFan
The Cable Guy

Postby Quackanutt » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:09 am

Jim Carrey has only done one other sequel and that was Ace 2 and we all know how awesome that was and still is. If JC did the movie than it would be amazing, we all know what JC can bring to movies, eg all of his films. Anyway i'm with whatever decision JC makes as it will be the best one.

Jim Carrey is God
Jim Carrey is God
Quackanutt

Postby fluffy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:24 am

i actually prefer Ace 2 to Ace 1 but i know i'm in the minority......lol........
the thing was he was contractually bound into doing Ace 2 which he wasn't keen on, and when the film was hammered by critics it sealed his 'no sequels' policy......
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby JimChangedMe » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:20 pm

fluffy wrote:i actually prefer Ace 2 to Ace 1 but i know i'm in the minority......lol........
the thing was he was contractually bound into doing Ace 2 which he wasn't keen on, and when the film was hammered by critics it sealed his 'no sequels' policy......

I also like the 2nd one a tad more than the original. To me it just really gave more to the persona (and his hair was taller/bigger lol). Im really not sure what it is that gets me about it though, just seems more memorable
JimChangedMe

Postby fluffy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:14 am

i think the furballs had me at 'ggggrrrr'.......lol......the 3 scenes i almost needed oxygen, i was laughing so much were-
1. the raccoon 'Cliffhanger' scene.....'Hang on little buddy!'
2. The slinky scene.
3. Jim coming out of the rhino arse.......V funny... :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby JimChangedMe » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:55 pm

I actually teared up a little when the raccoon slips from his hand, still do every now and then
JimChangedMe

Postby chips and dip » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:57 am

cotton wrote:I wonder who will direct Bruce Almighty since Tom Shadyac doesn't do that anymore :(

Not to mention Morgan Freeman isn't getting any younger. If they're gong to do Bruce Almighty 2, which I don't think they'll ever get around to by the way, then they better do it fast.
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Movies