Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

"The Return of The Mask" - A Lost Screenplay Of Mine

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

"The Return of The Mask" - A Lost Screenplay Of Mine

Postby JimChangedMe » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Hey, me again, bringin an unfinished screenplay I wrote a couple years back that was a sequel to "The Mask" called "The Return of The Mask", which takes place once again in Edge City and has connections with Stanley Ipkiss and many other characters from the original. This was only meant for fun so ENJOY!

Opening Credits

PJC FILMS PRESENT

A BROOFIELD HEIGHTS PRODUCTION

PETER SMITH

CAROLINE RIGGENBACH

(Edge City, 2011. Two men that look professional walk along the shores of the beach. They begin to talk.)

MAN 1
Im positive it's here, I found it earlier this morning

(Man 2 looks very puzzled)

MAN 2
Look, I haven't got all day. Can you at least tell me what the hell you're looking for?

(Man 1 whips his head upwards to find Man 2 set to lock eyes with him. Man 1 gulps)

MAN 1
I must have this for next year, sir. It will be the most interesting piece those kids will ever dream of seeing

(Man 2 grunts and bends down towards Man 1. Frantically, they begin to wipe away the surface of the sand. For twenty minutes, nothing is found. Man 2 suddenly shouts across the beach

MAN 2
Hey...hey, I think I found something!"

(Man 1 scurries over to the spot Man 2 is standing in. Man 2 holds an object, invisible to the audience due to Man 1's head)

MAN 2
Is this what you were looking for?

(Man 1's face is awe struck, staring at the object as if he had just seen an old friend he hadn't seen in decades)

MAN 1
Yes.....I can't believe I'm holding something crafted by the God of Mischief himself.....

Storm clouds start to form over the 2 men. The wind quickly begins to pick up. Man 2 starts to look worried and turns towards Edge City

MAN 2
We can look it over at the high school. Professor, we need to leave immediately. Strange....

(Man 2 stares into the sky, dark and thundering)

MAN 2
....There wasn't any broadcast about a storm.

(The 2 men jog towards the stairwell on the far left of the beach. They run quickly up the steps and leap for a lone van in the parking lot. Man 2 places the still invisible object just inside an open box facing upward. They drive off into the city. The view is the sunroof looking over the open box. A flash of lightning reveals a green mask staring into the sky. A mysterious aura begins to grow around the wooden face. It becomes blinding and the camera, quickly zooms out wards into the black clouds, words spelled out in the green presence

The Return of The Mask
Austin Williamson: Future Actor
JimChangedMe
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Re: "The Return of The Mask" - A Lost Screenplay Of Mine

Postby JimChangedMe » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:16 pm

Scene 1: "Green Is My World"

(Scene leaves flashing title credits to a patch of dark green grass. The camera pans upwards to show a whole lawn in front of a 2 story home with 2 windows on the top floor and 2 windows on the bottom. The camera begins to pan inwards towards the top left window, entering the room of James Reed, a teen of about 16 years of age. James Reed remains still in his bed, quietly breathing into his pillow. His alarm clock suddenly bursts into a large ringing tone on his nightstand next to his head. James Reed's hand slithers from beneath his striped green covers and heads for the small SNOOZE button on top of the clock. At the last second, the hand shoots beneath the clock, lifts it into the air, and chucks it towards the wall. The clock richochetes of the wall and fires back towards James Reeds head and hits it dead on. Both James Reed and the clock exchange moods as the clock breaks into silence and James Reed lets out a horrid groan. James Reed slowly lifts his head off the pillow, running his hands through his hair and wiping his eyes as he squints outwards across the busy Landfill Drive street he lives on. James Reed lets out a large sigh and frowns.)

JAMES REED
I hate mondays

(A montage begins with James Reed entering a bleach white bathroom. James Reed grabs his light green toothbrush and begins to scrub furiously across his teeth, making silly faces for a good 5 minutes. The scene cuts to a blue shower curtain with steam rising over the top of the rail, slowly filling the white bathroom. James Reed begins to sing.)

JAMES REED
I'm siiiiiiiinging in the rain...

(The music to the orignal song kicks in as James Reed whistles the tune joyfully. All of a sudden, the steam gets too thick for James Reed and he lets out a humongus gasp and the sound of water suddenly halts. A puff of steam fades away slowly as James Reed grabs the curtain rail and pulls his head over the rail. James Reed over exaggerates his voice after he puts his hair in an Ace Ventura style.)

JAMES REED
MUST.....HAVE.....AIIIIIR!

(The scene cuts to the bathroom door swinging wide open, smashing the alarm clock behind it and forming a path of steam that James Reed walks through, wrapped from head to toe with 2 towels. He makes his voice sound like Darth Vader, breathing and all.)

JAMES REED
.....(breathes)....Luke.......(breathes).....I'm not your father.....(breathes)

(James Reed dramatically whips his head towards the audience, shifting back to his regular voice.)

JAMES REED
I USED A CONDOM! HEHEHEHEHEHE!

(Scene cuts to the bedroom door being pushed open and James Reed strolls out of the room wearing a green jacket, worn blue jeans, black sneakers with neon green laces, white undershirt, black belt, and tinted green sunglasses. The camera view changes to the bottom of a mahogany stairwell. James Reed spins towards the top stair and ***** his right eyebrow, mischief gleaming from his pupils. James Reed grins slowly and then shifts his voice to a small child)

JAMES REED
LOOK MA, IM A SUPER SAIYAN!

(James Reed whips his body onto the rail in a riding position, still grinning with his legs on both sides.)

JAMES REED
WATCH ME FLY!

(The camera view shifts to his left leg, slowly sliding forward. The camera pans upwards to his hands that violently push his body forward. The camera view then shifts back to the bottom of the stairwell, this time from the view of the round wooden grip. James Reed's cries of joy suddenly change to a face of horror and a blood curdling scream as the zipper closes in on the wooden ball. The camera quickly changes to a cross eyed James Reed, lips quivering and body flinching in pain. James Reed is able to groan out a few more words before he slowly falls to the ground.)

JAMES REED
Right....in the Dragon Balls.....

(Scene cuts to a black and white tile floor that pans upwards to a blue kitchen. A small note is attached to a mahogany cabinet that is surrounded by its family that guards the white stove. The hand of James Reed reaches out to the note and grabs it. One hand on his balls and one hand holding the note, James Reed reads the note quietly out loud.)

JAMES REED
Dear Jim.....left early for work....wont be back till saturday....dont wear green yada yada yada......X's and O's, Mom.

(James Reed rolls his eyes through his shades and crumples the note in his hands, walking towards the kitchen exit mumbling to himself)

JAMES REED
"Dont wear green Jim, kids think you're a hippy"

(James Reed does a nagging charade and small bickering quotes with an angry face. James Reed rolls his eyes once more and returns to his normal self.)

JAMES REED
Only one problem mom-

(James Reed removes his ball protecting hand from his pants and puts it in his jacket pocket, its opposite reaching for the main door knob.)

JAMES REED
-my world is green.

(The camera follows the opening door through the shades of James Reed, revealing a glow of green that quickly shifts to the busy Landfill Drive. James Reed quickly falls to the ground, mimicking the voice of a Gremlin.)

JAMES REED
BRIGHT LIGHT, BRIGHT LIGHT!

(A beautiful girl named Adrian Ipkiss crosses James Reed's sidewalk towards a school bus, rolling her eyes at the sight of his goofiness. James Reed leaps off the ground and still uses the Gremlin voice, watching Adrian Ipkiss board the bus)

JAMES REED
Yum yum...

(The camera view shifts to the driver of the bus looking over the seats. He grabs his walkie talkie and speaks over the bus.)

BUS DRIVER
We forget anyone? Lemme see, is Adrian...ok ok you're here....um I think thats it.

(The bus driver plops herself into the cushy chair, pulling the lever to close the door. The door begins to fold inwards slowly when suddenly, a black sneaker with neon green laces invites itself in at the last second, forcing the door to fold outwards once again. The camera shows the bus driver rolling her eyes and speaking in a sarcastic tone.)

BUS DRIVER
Oh, how could we forget you...

(A grinning James Reed leaps onto the bus, whipping his head towards the bus drivers face, inches away from touching each other. James Reed whispers to the bus driver.)

JAMES REED
You can't get rid of me, Mrs. Stone. I'm one of a kind

(James Reed sticks his tounge out, forcing Mrs. Stone to pull back violently. James Reed retrieves his tounge quickly, flashes a smile, and turns to walk down the bus aisle. The camera first shows James Reed walking slowly along the aisle. The camera goes back to the vision of James Reed, showing a green vision of the people in the bus seats. The view of James Reed goes from side to side, thinking to himself while he tries to find a seat. The first girl is an average punk.)

JAMES REED
(Warm...)

(The next is a jock.)

JAMES REED
(Cold...)

(The next is an average girl, beautiful. She grins at James Reed wrinkling her nose.)

JAMES REED
(Warm alternative...)

(The next is a huge geeky girl that flashes her braces at James Reed. The camera shakes a little, giving the effect of James Reed shuddering.)

JAMES REED
(Icy depths of Hell...)

(The back seat of the bus holds Adrian Ipkiss staring blankly out the window. The camera goes back to the physical view of James Reed, removing his shades slowly and grinning.)

JAMES REED
(RED HOT!)

(James Reed plops himself down next to Adrian Ipkiss. The eyes of Adrian Ipkiss leave the window and lock with James Reed's, they are a deep green. James Reed stares at them with his mouth gaping. James Reed returns to reality when she speaks softly.)

ADRIAN IPKISS
Do I know you?

JAMES REED
Not exactly. We've been in the same school since 5th Grade and I just wanted to start off this year with a new friend.

(Adrian Ipkiss gives him a puzzled look.)

ADRIAN IPKISS
I think I've seen you before...

(James Reed's eyes open widely, screaming in his own thoughts.)

JAMES REED
(I CANT BELIEVE THIS, IM REMEMBERED!)

(Adrian Ipkiss finally gets the look of realization and turns to James Reed.)

ADRIAN IPKISS
Oh yeah! You're the guy that flipped out on the porch of your house

(James Reed's eyes and smile turned into a suprised and embaressed look. James Reed spoke to Adrian Ipkiss softly.)

JAMES REED
Yeah.....yeah, that was me....

(Adrian Ipkiss slowly nodded and then turned back to the window. The camera pans over to James Reed softly banging his head against the leather seat.)
JimChangedMe

Postby JimChangedMe » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Scene 2: The Tour

(Scene opens with the bus containing all the teens including James Reed and Adrian Ipkiss screeching to a halt in front of a large high school. The door to the bus folds outwards and kids start pouring out of the yellow vehicle. James Reed and Adrian Ipkiss sat in the very back seat of the bus, leaving them to be the last to exit. James Reed appears in front of the door entrance, coming to a quick stop before he leaves. In a polite way, James Reed bows and moves to the side of the bus, letting Adrian Ipkiss able to pass him)

JAMES REED

Ladies first!

(James Reed gave a warm smile to exchange the one Adrian Ipkiss gave him as she stepped out of the bus. Giving himself a few minutes of victory, James Reed turns to step out of the bus. The door closes in on his nose and James Reed lets out a nasaly cry for help.)

JAMES REED
Open the friggin door before my nose becomes a toothpick!

(In an action of trying to pull away from the door, James Reed suddenly flys back onto the steps, his nose swelling to a bulbous red. James Reed slowly looks up to an upside down Mrs. Stone, staring at him with cold eyes and a fake smile.)

MRS. STONE
Whoops, sorry. I would never do that to you.

(Slowly, James Reed pushes himself off the steps of the bus. Giving the phoniest smile he could, James Reed quickly made his way towards the high school, mumbling curse words to himself. Peering through the glass door, James Reed looks into the interior of the school, taking his time to look for the room he had to be in. The camera pans over the rooms as James Reed reads them aloud.)

JAMES REED
Student Services.....Cafeteria......Athletic Office....AHA!

(James Reed slowly pushes the glass door open and strolls towards the room marked "Gymnasium". The camera shifts to the inside of the entrance that shows James Reed quietly peeing inwards to a large group of students. Nervously, James Reed relives the experience on the bus quietly as he looks for an open seat. Out of nowhere, the voice of Adrian Ipkiss calls out to him.)

ADRIAN IPKISS
Hey! Green Guy over here!

(James Reed's head searches for the source and finally finds Adrian Ipkiss, waving and holding an empty seat for him. Making his way through the maze of people, James Reed starts his mini quest.)

JAMES REED
Scuse me....sorry I didnt mean to step on you....sorry....whoops my bad!

(After ticking a lot of people off, James Reed nervously sits down next to Adrian Ipkiss. Adrian Ipkiss begins a conversation with James Reed while they wait for the principal to start the orientation.)

ADRIAN IPKISS
That was a nice move back there on the bus

(James Reed gives a nervous laugh)

JAMES REED
He he thanks

ADRIAN IPKISS
Any time. So what class are you looking forward to the most?

(James Reed pondered the thought for a while, making some gestures to make Adrian giggle. Finally, James Reed supplied an answer.)

JAMES REED
To be honest, I'm not sure. I haven't thought about it or took it seriously. What about you?

(Adrian Ipkiss looked surprised at a caring James Reed as if she hadn't expected it and dreamily told him.)

ADRIAN IPKISS
Financial Processing. Anything with money. I want to be an accountant just like my dad is.

(Gulping, James Reed makes a comment.)

JAMES REED
You seem way too pretty to be an accountant

ADRIAN IPKISS
Awh, that is so sweet of you to say

(Full of himself for a moment, James Reed starts to reply)

JAMES REED
Well, he he, I'm kind of a gentleman so-

ADRIAN IPKISS
QUIET! Principal Calloway is about to start the tour!

(James Reed obeys Adrian Ipkiss and watches a tough looking Principal Calloway walk across the stage. The eyes of Principal Calloway looked like a mad dog's, willing to attack anyone in the audience. It gave James Reed shivers.)

PRINCIPAL CALLOWAY
Welcome, students, to another glorious year at Edge City High. First off, let me establish the ground rules: even though I was fired as an officer to this city, I still contain the will to get justice out of every single one of you.

(Principal Calloway begins to pace back and forth across the stage.)

PRINCIPAL CALLOWAY
No drugs, no cursing, no nudity, no sexual contact, and ABSOLUTELY no cartoonish horseplay. Do you all understand?

AUDIENCE
Yes Principal Calloway

(James Reed purposely spoke too late.)

JAMES REED
...Principal Calloway

(The figure of Principal Calloway turned towards James Reed. Principal Calloway pointed and called James Reed to the stage.)

PRINCIPAL CALLOWAY!
YOU

JAMES REED
Me?

PRINCIPAL CALLOWAY
No the Easter Bunny. Yes you Mister...?

JAMES REED
Reed. James Reed. You can call me Jim

PRINCIPAL CALLOWAY
I have a few other names that are inappropriate to this discussion. Get up here, Mr. Reed

JAMES REED
Nah, dont think so. I'll pass

(Principal Calloway clenches his fists in anger.)

PRINCIPAL CALLOWAY
GET UP HERE THIS INSTANT REED!

(James Reed sinks out of his chair in fear, watching Adrian Ipkiss give him a worried look. James Reed walks up to an impatient Principal Calloway. Principal Calloway circles James Reed with a disgusted look on his face.)

PRINCIPAL CALLOWAY
Mr. Reed....we have been here less than 10 minutes...and you are already my greatest enemy.

JAMES REED
Sir I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-

(Principal Calloway zooms until he is inches away from the face of James Reed)

PRINCIPAL CALLOWAY
Sorry?! THE MAN WHO GOT ME FIRED CLAIMED HE MEANT NO HARM AND HE WAS AN IDIOT WITH STUPID PAJAMAS!

(Principal Calloway turns towards the audience.)

PRINCIPAL CALLOWAY
STUDENTS! STAFF! This is the face of chaos, ironically another green monster that will cause this city to burn to the ground

(Principal Calloway turns back to James Reed, looking at him and the audience)

PRINCIPAL CALLOWAY
His actions are a mask to his true potential

(James Reed is quickly pulled in by Principal Calloway by his jacket sleeve and his glasses are ripped off to meet eye to eye.)

PRINCIPAL CALLOWAY
And I have very bad experiences with masks. Espescially green freaked ones like you

(James Reed is now filled with rage, his nostrils flaring as Principal Calloway watches him return to his seat. Adrian Ipkiss looks concerned)

ADRIAN IPKISS
Jim, Im sorry, theres something I should've-

(James Reed holds up his hand to silence Adrian Ipkiss)

JAMES REED
The principal is talking

(Adrian Ipkiss looks at James Reed for the rest of the introduction of the tour. Principal Calloway calmly returns to his speech. It is shortly cut to the next scene, a crowded hallway that is flowing in different directions towards different classes. Adrian Ipkiss begins to talk to a still furious James Reed

ADRIAN IPKISS
I'll be checking out anything in the Government hallway if you need me. Where will you be?

(James Reed scratches his head furiously and then gives a clueless shrug and turns to walk.)

JAMES REED
I dont know...I just dont know anymore....I'll be in...pffft I'll be...

(James Reed spots a class clear down the hall labeled "Norse Mythology".)

JAMES REED
Norse Mythology, I'll be in Norse Mythology if you need me

(Adrian Ipkiss gives James Reed a small smile and then mouths "ok" to him as he walks silently down to the Norse Mythology class alone, his head down and his hands in his pocket. James Reed turns into the classroom to find it full of pictures of Norse gods and goddesses, but no one is around. All of a sudden, Man 2 from the beginning scene appears out of a back room and begins to talk to James Reed.)

MAN 2
Oh people do care about this stuff. He he he, can I help you sir?

JAMES REED
Um yeah, this crossed my interest recently. I wanted to learn more about it ahead of time

(Man 2 gives James Reed a warm smile)

MAN 2
Feel free to look around son.

(Quietly, James Reed begins to look at the classroom, starting to look fascinated at the pictures of the Norse gods. One catches James Reed's interest and he turns to Man 2)

JAMES REED
Excuse me sir, who is this?

MAN 2
Well, lets find out shall we?

(Man 2 walks over to James Reed and looks at the picture for a good 2 minutes. The picture is a man cloaked in green, pulling an innocent man into a hole with the mans legs coming out through a hole on the other side of the world. Man 2 turns to James Reed, his eyes shining)

MAN 2
Its funny you should ask about this one particularly. Thats Loki, the Norse God of Mischief. He was a brother to Thor, God of Thunder and Lightning. Odin was the father of both Loki and Thor and favored Thor over Loki due to the fact that Thor never got into trouble. So Odin banished Loki from their homeland, Valhalla, for all eternity. The clothing of Loki reminds me a lot of you, its a little scary.

JAMES REED
Ha ha ha, I noticed that. God of Mischief eh?

(James Reed strikes the same pose as Loki in the picture)

JAMES REED
I could be a descendant

(Man 2 looks at James Reed, chuckling to himself. Suddenly, Man 2 gets a look in his eye.)

MAN 2
I have something that might interest you son. Come with me

(James Reed steps out of his pose and follows Man 2 into the back room from which he emerged. The room was like a thin warehouse, full of artifacts and pictures. Man 2 spoke to James Reed as they made their way down the long path.)

MAN 2
My teaching assistant found this on the beach just outside of Edge City. It was washed up on the shores for a good time as we soon discovered through minutes and minutes of searching. I had begun to lose hope.

JAMES REED
What is it?

MAN 2
Patience son, you'll see it in a minute

(Man 2 turns to the last row of shelves and begins to search for the object.)

MAN 2
Now lets see, this shouldn't take long....no not there....I just had it...AHA! Here it is

(Man 2 sticks his hand into a big box on the bottom shelf and pulls out a green wooden mask. James Reed stares into the eyes with wonder, amazed at the craftsmanship.)

JAMES REED
This is incredible....who made it?

MAN 2
History says this certain mask was created by the hands of Loki himself. Some say Loki was banished into the mask or it was the last item to ever remember him by. Here-

(Man 2 hands the mask to James Reed.)

MAN 2
-its yours now

(Stunned, James Reed slowly takes the mask from Man 2's hands. A certain touch of the wood gave James Reed an exciting chill, it felt as if this mask was connected to him.)

JAMES REED
I can't thank you enough. I love this, thank you so much

(Man 2 gives James Reed a warm smile once more)

MAN 2
Anytime son. I heard Calloway giving you a hard time back in the gym. We all wear masks, son. Some are good, some are evil, some are something entirely different. Its not about wearing a mask-

(Man 2 taps the mask in James Reed's hands)

MAN 2
-its about finding the mask you were made to wear

(James Reed grins at Man 2 and makes his way out of the room, leaving Man 2 smiling at the objects around him.)
JimChangedMe

Postby JimChangedMe » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:20 pm

Scene 3: Does It Fit?

(Scene opens with Adrian Ipkiss walking down the hallway towards the Norse Mythology room. James Reed is standing outside the door, observing the mask he had just recieved in wonder. Adrian Ipkiss questions James Reed about the mask.)

ADRIAN IPKISS
Wow, gone five minutes and you get a gift? Lucky, all I got was a lecture.

JAMES REED
Yeah, I wasn't expecting to get this. It's pretty incredible for a piece of wood.

(Adrian Ipkiss examines the mask carefully.)

ADRIAN IPKISS
Of course you got a GREEN one, that's a shocker. Does it fit?

(James Reed glances down at the mask curiously.)

JAMES REED
Huh, for getting a mask, I've avoided the purpose of using it. Guess I'll find out now

(Slowly lifting the mask into the sunlight through the glass doors, James Reed pushes the face carefully onto his. As soon as the first edge touches his cheek, a flash of light shoots through his brain. Flashbacks of balloon animals, a dancing group of cops, a landlady shooting at him and the one that caught James Reeds attention, a young Principal Calloway as an officer firing rapidly at him. Fast as lightning, James Reed pulls the mask off his face and collapses into the arms of a frightened Adrian Ipkiss.)

ADRIAN IPKISS
Jim! Jim, ARE YOU OKAY?!

(A wild James Reed gasps out his thoughts.)

JAMES REED
Tommy Gun....Calloway....Mrs. Peaman....Cuban Pete

(A confused Adrian Ipkiss watches James Reed faint in her arms whispering "Lokiiiii....". Adrian Ipkiss carries James Reed to the nurses office as the scene fades to black. The next scene is a POV of James Reed as his eyes flicker open. The bedroom window shows the end of a sun set that is producing night. James Reed lifts his head to find himself in his bedroom, the mask sitting on his torso staring back at him. A note attached reads "Get better soon! Love, Adrian" with a green heart next to the "Love". Smiling weakly, James Reed takes the note off the mask and brings it closer to him. James Rees then begins to talk to himself.)

JAMES REED
You caused quite a day for me. Those things you showed me were beyond anything I've ever seen. In fact-

(The inner view of the mask closes in on the camera.)

JAMES REED
-I'm dieing to see more

(The mask suddenly streches outwards to James Reeds face, wrapping itself around it wildly. Howls and screams are called out as flashes and whirls of light shoot across the room. The body of James Reed is replaced with a green tornado, blowing itself off the bed and haphazardly out of the bedroom. The tornado screeches to a stop when a hand shoots out onto the banister of the stairs. A cartoon like James Reed is dressed in a pinstripe blue attire with a red tie shaped like a tongue. The face of The Mask appears out of the small cloud of speed smoke.)

THE MASK
SSSSSSMOKIN!

The Mask parades down the stairs happily and pulls a battering ram out of his throat. The camera shifts outside to see the main door fly off the hinges and into the yard. The Mask marches outside, dressed as an astronaut.)

THE MASK
Nowhere to run E.T., come out and show me your green card!

(The Mask returns to the blue attire as he stripes the space suit in one motion. Skipping, The Mask makes his way down Landfill Drive and slips into a bar packed full of tough guys. The leader steps out to intimidate The Mask.)

TOUGH LEADER
Bit early for Halloween Frankenstein

(The tough guys roar in laughter, unaware that The Mask mocks them seconds later.)

THE MASK
HEHEHEHEHESTERICAL! Hey Tom Cruise, are you just here to test if you're gay?

(The tough guy leader becomes furious as he hears his men cackle loudly behind him.)

TOUGH GUY LEADER
That's it you're mine freak!

THE MASK
Easy Candy Man, one pixie stick at a time!

(The bar suddenly changes to a boxing arena. A talking mic drops from the ceiling on a metal rod)

MIC
In this corner, weighing the size of Rosie O Donnels terd, it's Misteeeeer Tough Guy!

(The tough guy leader appears in a rage with red boxing gloves, blue shorts, and a green sports bra.

MIC
And in this corner, weighing however much he feels like weighing for the sake of his I.Q., Reeeeedy Jimboa!

(The Mask appears in the form of Rocky Balboa, speaking like Stallone.)

THE MASK
Yeah I got de eye of duh tiger so what

(The two step forwards to the mic)

MIC
Okay I want a good clean fight from you 2....nah I'm screwing ya, TEAR EACH OTHER APART!

(The bell rings and the mic shoots upwards. The tough guy leader throws a storm of wild punches, The Mask dodging them with ease.)

THE MASK
Hey you gotta float like a butterflies to sting like a heebe jeebes bee Michaels Jackoff

(The tough guy leader goes to bear hug The mask, only to be cut off by a sharp uppercut. The tough guy leader stands in a daze, The Mask now looking like a green version of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.)

ANNOUNCER
FINISH HIM

(The Mask pulls out a baseball bat instead of a sword from his sheath. The announcers voice sounds like a 1950s baseball announcer

ANNOUNCER
He winds up for the pitch, bottom of the 9, 2 outs, and...

(The Mask cracks the bat across the tough guy leaders head, knocking him out cold)

ANNOUNCER
WOW, TALK ABOUT A FATALITY FOLKS! Wait he hit him so
that means he can walk whenever he gets off his lazy ass and decides to do so...

The setting returns to the bar, the group of tough guys glaring at The Mask in anger. The Mask gulps)

THE MASK
Heh not baseball fans I take it. Too bad, I've got a homerun!

(The Mask spins out of the bar, laughing into the night. The only thing left in the bar is a bag of basbeball peanuts.
JimChangedMe

Postby JimChangedMe » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Scene 4: Mr. Reed's Confrontation

(The scene opens with the sun slowly revealing a sleeping James Reed, drooling against his pillow. The mask hangs in James Reed's hands bye the eyes. James Reed begins to stir and slowly sits up squinting at the rising sun. Yawning, James Reed props himself in a sitting position on the edge of the bed)

JAMES REED
Hmmph....that was one wild dream....it felt so real

(The mask is pulled in front of James Reed's face, examined by every splint of green wood curiously.)

JAMES REED
No theres no way this could've done anything

(James Reed puts the mask on and finds it to remain still as a mask should.)

JAMES REED
Yep, just a mask

(A large knocking erupts from below James Reed's room, causing James Reed to jump a little. The voice of James Reed echos through the hall, down the stairs, and out to the main door.)

JAMES REED
IM COMING! GIMME A SEC, GAH, ILL BE RIGHT DOWN!

(A blur of James Reed answers the knocking as it zips across the hallway, down the stairs, and to the main door. James Reed fixes his hair, unlocks the door, and turns to reply to the stranger.)

JAMES REED
Hello can I he-

(The stranger had been knocking for so long his hand couldn't pull away when the door opened and punched James Reed right in the nose, sending him into a world of pain for a few moments.)

STRANGER
Dear God, I'm so sorry! Here, let me-

(The hand of James Reed shoots up to silence the stranger.)

JAMES REED
NO THANKS! You aren't the first to have a go with the no....se

(The stranger is an officer of about 34 years of age. The officer flashes his badge that reads "Officer Chip Sparrow" and he speaks to James Reed in a booming voice.)

OFFICER SPARROW
I don't have time for jokes kid. My name is Officer Sparrow and I'm here to crush the truth out of you and drink it in victory.

(James Reed gives a surprised scared look as Officer Sparrow spells out the word truth in the air with his fingers, squishes it together, and then squeezes it with pride and drinks it.)

JAMES REED
I'll have you know I'm 100% pulp so good luck with your morning juice

OFFICER SPARROW
Okay, enough games Reed. Where were you last night?

JAMES REED
I was here, unconscious in my bed. Why do you-

(Officer Sparrow magicians his way past James Reed, leaving James Reed standing there smiling.)

JAMES REED
-won't you come in?

(Officer Sparrow sniffs like hes onto something all around the kitchen, plugging it when he reaches the garbage disposal. Officer Sparrow whips around and talks to himself, also taking out a pair of shades.)

OFFICER SPARROW
The suspect is clever by hiding his privacy in....private. I suspect something is hidden down in the depths of the sink and it smells like-

(Officer Sparrow puts the shades on)

OFFICER SPARROW
-tuna, with a dash of evidence and a hint of justice

(James Reed watches Officer Sparrow ransack the lower part of his sink.)

JAMES REED
I think theres 1/2 a cup of out dated milk as well

(Officer Sparrow glances over at James Reed, rolls his eyes, and then returns to his search mocking him in a goofy tone.)

OFFICER SPARROW
"I think theres half a cup of milk as well, im a comedian hurr hurr duh durr." Psssh thats so not funny...

(James Reed walks over to Officer Sparrow, curious in his thoughts.)

JAMES REED
Officer, why exactly are you here?

OFFICER SPARROW
We got a call from the Shadyac Bar late last night. They reported that a man in a green rubber mask harassed them and their leader and then ran out before they could supply justice. All they found were peanuts-

(Officer Sparrow jumps and spins to James Reed, serious tone and all.)

OFFICER SPARROW
-baseball peanuts. Thats uncanny son, we dont even have a baseball field within.....not anywhere near here. Your residence was closest to the bar so I thought I'd pop my way in here to see if you had an unusual amount of peanuts. None of the sort which pleases me.

(James Reed's heart begins to beat rapidly, sweat trickling down the back of his neck. Officer Sparrow watches him shake it off.)

JAMES REED
Huh, thats some villain. Good luck lookin for this "nut"job.

(James Reed gives a small laugh that fades into a serious look as Officer Sparrow stares him down.)

OFFICER SPARROW
Oh I'll find him alright. I will you watch. I bet this guy doesnt even play baseball. Its something he thought he could catch me off guard with. But Chip Sparrow is not the dullest bulb in the lamp. Chip Sparrow is a f**king mongoose.

(Officer Sparrow mimicks as mongoose terribly, James Reed giving him an odd look.)

JAMES REED
I think you should go

OFFICER SPARROW
You're right, hes probably hiding in the Peanutcave plotting his next move. Thank you for your time Reed, I appreciate your help.

JAMES REED
Anytime Officer Sparrow, happy to help. Now get out there and get that infamous Major League Cashew.

(James Reed marches to the door with Officer Sparrow, pushing him quickly out the door. Just before James Reed can lock it, Officer Sparrow pokes his head in.)

OFFICER SPARROW
I'm doing this for both of us BFF. I'm gonna find both this guy and his nuts and blow them away so hard, all that will be left is a shell.

JAMES REED
Have fun....blowin those nuts Chip

OFFICER SPARROW
Adios Amigo

(James Reed slams the door shut, locks it, and then covers his mouth. The camera shows the outer house, James Reed's voice audible through the wooden structure.)

JAMES REED
IT WAS MEEEEEEEEEE!
JimChangedMe

Postby JimChangedMe » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:24 pm

I ended up with other business and Scene 4 was where it ended. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, and...well, ANYTHING! hahaha I just might go back and finish it! :P
JimChangedMe

Return to Off Topic