Jim Carrey Online

Dumb and Dumber Sequel Hires Writers

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 24 - November 2013

Re: Dumb and Dumber Sequel Hires Writers

Postby cotton » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:51 pm

I found that if you reply to his latest tweet while he is still on there you have a better chance of getting a reply. It worked for me a few times but he had a lot less followers then.

He tweeted once saying that he gets a real lot of tweets and he cannot read and reply to all of them. So if you do not get a reply from him do not take it personally
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:34 pm

-->Blunt<-- wrote:Of course he often is not serious when twittering or in other ways communicating with the world but I'm pretty sure that he takes much in his life seriously. Being a comedian is a profession and not a way of life, although the really good comedians like Jim seem to be not extremely serious in everything they do apart from work and so it's more authentic when they make a joke.

@Eva: Full ack. It's not that he only replies to those guys he wants to reply but rather to those comments of who knows how many he gets a day, that jump into his eyes and which he then values worthy for a reply. He surely often just checks the last ten or so comments that were made when he opens Twitter. I do it the same way with the lads I follow, hehe. I follow too much people and don't have the time to read everything they tweet.
And I also find it very cool that nowadays we have a change to communicate to celebrities. I also tweet when I have something to say, even if it's just a joke, and withoug expecting a reply. But there are also a few other actors who retweeted my tweets and answered to me. And since I usually don't expect something like this, it's always a very positive surprise.

I agree.
He started as a comedian but I see him as an actor. When I saw the Mask which was the first movie I ever saw from him, I saw an actor who could be funny. The fact that he started as a comedian (stand up comedian) was something I only knew a year ago when I became his fan (for real). It was cool to find that but I still see an actor. I think he has always been an actor, even if we and even him didn't realized it at the time.
He started doing comedy because that's what came more naturally to him and also that's the first oportunity that life presented to him.
Now, after seeing what he's capable of doing professionally I have no doubts: He's an actor and a God damn good one! :D

Regarding twitter I mean, of course he can't reply to all and not even read them all. Who knows... Hey maybe he reads this forum! That would be cool even with no replies... Lol

DarkoCPA wrote:Jim is a comedian. Comedians pull off gimmicks. Jim isn't going to take Twitter seriously just like he doesn't take anything in his life seriously. To be a comedian your not meant to take life seriously therefore Jim doesn't want to be taken seriously.

It might hurt people but thats what comedians are they avoid seriousness. People question Jim so much. But Jim isn't that unpredictable I wonder if anyone has ever thought of having a conversation with Jim even if it means just using your imagination. In order to feel a little more satisfied with your question.

Well I don't agree with you.
I don't know him personally but he has allow us to know him a little and the little that I know doesn't say that to me.
But again... It's my opinion. :)

cotton wrote:I found that if you reply to his latest tweet while he is still on there you have a better chance of getting a reply. It worked for me a few times but he had a lot less followers then.

He tweeted once saying that he gets a real lot of tweets and he cannot read and reply to all of them. So if you do not get a reply from him do not take it personally

You're right. It's also about timing...
I wonder though if he reads the comments in TruLife.
Part of me wishes he didn't (the mean comments).

Either way I hope he feels the love cause there's a lot of love around him. :)
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:59 pm

Who knows... Hey maybe he reads this forum!

Well the JCO facebook is listed on his facebook still I think. So thats good. Not sure if he or his people put it there but thats good enough for me lol
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:37 am

cotton wrote:
Who knows... Hey maybe he reads this forum!

Well the JCO facebook is listed on his facebook still I think. So thats good. Not sure if he or his people put it there but thats good enough for me lol

You know, if he reads the bad comments in TruLife he'd better read ours here (all good comments), damit! Lol
I'm kidding...
At least we know that not only he's aware of the awsome job you all have been doing for many years, but also how much we love him... = )
Last edited by EvaAraujo on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby DarkoCPA » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

@EvaAraujo
hmmmm wierd how you say you know him very little but you chose to disagree with me after admitting you know him very little. I've been a fan of Jim for nearly 5 years some people may have known him more but I have no problem with that. I don't really know why people think Jim is unpredictable becoz that makes me laugh like you said you disagree with me. If anyone feels there's something wrong with Jim then don't be afraid of asking him. Jim isn't going to hurt anyone for asking. He is easy to talk to just keep cool that way you can learn from him. Then you can get along well with him.

Think about it Jim has good fans and he is not really into the offensive side of life.

What you don't believe can kill you

SCREW SLEEP! - Nancy Thompson
DarkoCPA
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:54 pm

It does not matter how long you are fan. As far as you don't know him in person you can't say you know him. I'm a fan for about 16-18 years but I can't say that I know Jim because I've never met him. And seeing rather private things in videos or hearing about them in interviews etc. don't make someone really know a person.
Nevertheless you can't say about anybody that he / she does not take anything in his / her life seriously. That can never be the case.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby DarkoCPA » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:02 pm

@-->Blunt<--
hmmmm Jim is very easy getting use to. Talk to him

DarkoCPA
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby cotton » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:09 pm

At least we know the not only he's aware of the awsome job you all have been doing for many years

thanks! :D

I think when he first started tweeting he was showing us the real him until his people stepped in and told him to tone it down.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:44 pm

he does get some crazies on Twitter though........(a 'bunny' in particular springs to mind..... :shock: ..) so i'm not surprised he's decided to keep a lower profile.....& sometimes we have to ban those folk from JCO too.....hating is not cool..... :(
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:00 pm

he does get some crazies on Twitter though

Some of them are quite scary
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Absolutely........sometimes it feels as though we should be calling the FBI or police and making them aware........... :shock: lol.....and if the haters freak me out i can't imagine how Jim might feel about them........mind you, thinking of one in particular i can't understand half of their weird scary ramblings..... :shock: :(
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:21 pm

DarkoCPA wrote:@EvaAraujo
hmmmm wierd how you say you know him very little but you chose to disagree with me after admitting you know him very little. I've been a fan of Jim for nearly 5 years some people may have known him more but I have no problem with that. I don't really know why people think Jim is unpredictable becoz that makes me laugh like you said you disagree with me. If anyone feels there's something wrong with Jim then don't be afraid of asking him. Jim isn't going to hurt anyone for asking. He is easy to talk to just keep cool that way you can learn from him. Then you can get along well with him.

Think about it Jim has good fans and he is not really into the offensive side of life.

When I said I didn't agree with you is because you seem to be very sure that's how he really is.
I don't know him. And unfortunately I never had the pleasure to talk to him even for a minute. But I believe that we all have two sides, a more funny, up beat and a more serious too. There are people who obviously are more funny and other you are more serious everyday.
I have met people who are extremily out going and others who are so serious it's scary. ^^

He may not take twitter seriously, and I don't know if you know Jim in any way but saying that "he doesn't take anything in his life seriously." is kinda harsh. Especially because he has say that he's not like that. In life we just have to take some things seriously... even by force. ^^'
I'm gonna give you one example. I try to have a smile of my face and I like to say something funny to break the tension and trust me sometimes I deal with a lot of it. If you ask me "How are you?" My asnwer will always be "I'm great", even if it's not true and it isn't because I wanna lie I just don't wanna bother others. Which causes me to have moments of feeling down. But it happens! I'm cool now though :lol:

Well, you don't choose to become a fan of an artist. I don't know about you but in my case it wasn't planned. I don't think it ever is but I do care for him the same way many other fan do.
If we are true, and real with Jim I think he will be real and true back. I imagine that with the job that he has it's hard to trust people and who knows maybe even beliving what people say.

He's unpredictable to many people but as his fan, he's not to me. I expect to be surprise but I'm not surprised that I'm gonna be surprised. Get it? ^^'
I don't know how much of Jim's work and whatever you have seen. I have seen it all (professionaly wise) that's why I didn't fell in the "Jim Carrey is unpredictable" thing when that "declaration of love to Emma Stone" video happen. I was clearly a joke to me.

DarkoCPA wrote:@EvaAraujo
(...) If anyone feels there's something wrong with Jim then don't be afraid of asking him. Jim isn't going to hurt anyone for asking. He is easy to talk to just keep cool that way you can learn from him. Then you can get along well with him.

I agree with you on this though. Lol ^^
I just wish he would answer, or have a twitter talk cause unfortunately I'm too far away for a personal conversation even if I got the chance. But if it never happens I still care for him either way just like everybody else.

Are we cool DarkoCPA? Friends? :)

---------

-->Blunt<-- wrote:It does not matter how long you are fan. As far as you don't know him in person you can't say you know him. I'm a fan for about 16-18 years but I can't say that I know Jim because I've never met him. And seeing rather private things in videos or hearing about them in interviews etc. don't make someone really know a person.
Nevertheless you can't say about anybody that he / she does not take anything in his / her life seriously. That can never be the case.

Yeah I agree. When I said that I only knew a little is exactly what you/we know of him.
For me, interviews is the only way (now with TruLife as well) for a fan to try and learn, and/or get a glimpse of who he is. Again, the LITTLE we are allow to.
I don't feel like he's giving me rehearsal asnwers in interviews, I don't feel like he's portraiting to me someone he's not.

First of all I believe you don't know anyone 100% EVER! The only person who knows you that well is yourself.

It takes, sometimes, years and a lot of talk to know someone to the point of being part of his life and we'll never get that with Jim and it's cool but I believe in what he says and it may be naive of me but I think he's being true, whether being funny or serious. I know he has flaws but we all do. And we may not agree with everything a person says but if it's a good person we have to respect even the flaws.

Are we cool too -->Blunt<--? :)

Thank God we all have different opinions or this would be boring but I'm glad to see that we can have a discussion without being mean and ofensive to eachother...
Maybe some haters and suposely "movie critics" should learn with us.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:29 pm

cotton wrote:
At least we know the not only he's aware of the awsome job you all have been doing for many years

thanks! :D

I think when he first started tweeting he was showing us the real him until his people stepped in and told him to tone it down.

Yeah but do you remmber what he did? We went back again to the same 2 twitts later... I love that man! :lol:

We also can't forget that he has beeing through some life changes so it normal that he twits different things.

fluffy wrote:he does get some crazies on Twitter though........(a 'bunny' in particular springs to mind..... :shock: ..) so i'm not surprised he's decided to keep a lower profile.....& sometimes we have to ban those folk from JCO too.....hating is not cool..... :(

The chocolat bunny? LOLOL
I remember that. I wasn't his fan at the time but when I started to be I took a closer look to his late tweets and I found the bunny... the remais of the poor bunny.
Rest in Peace chocolat bunny. :D
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby DarkoCPA » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:43 pm

@EvaAraujo
I have noticed you have a lot of things to say. I see you as very chatty especially of coming to the topic of people in general. Jim is a person just like we all are. We may have different personalties, opinions and experiances but in each every one of us there is a brain. There is a brain in Jim there is a brain in you and me so your not alone going through your struggles. Oh and you ask about being friends. Well of course I'm not really the type of person to make an enemy without thinking. So thats a yeah we are still friends. People are powerful and can cause so much on others and not realise what they are doing. I am quite fearless becoz I know so much about people my head is full to the top with information.

You might be afraid of me but I know deep within myself I'm going to be harmless to you. I like to have conversations and I find people interesting to observe. I'm fearless of Jim and I can see that others ain't. Think about it I have seen people do far worser things then Jim. So that makes me not afraid of what people think of Jim.

DarkoCPA
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:49 pm

There was one thing a little while ago where I did not know if I got it right. There Jim talked about a program he did (and probably still does). It was something about an organization of his or with him as a face for it. I forgot the name. There was a homepage where you could see some videos about it, also with explanations by Jim. It was about helping people and about making people do more to get their own food or something (like fishing his own fish).
But the making of those videos strongly reminded me of sect video propaganda so I did not know what to make of it.
Do you know what I mean? Was or is that just a harmless aid organization or was / is it really some kind of sect or something? Or was it just a joke?

Are we cool too -->Blunt<--? :)

Yeah, we are cool :D .
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

PreviousNext

Return to (2014) Dumb and Dumber To