Jim Carrey Online

Me, Myself and Irene

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

Me, Myself and Irene

Postby DarkoCPA » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:05 am

I've been thinking of Jims past movies and comparing them to his recent ones. I'm starting to realise that his old movies especially me, myself and Irene are starting to become more understandable. I'm starting to realise more why Jim does the things he does. Does anyone feel the same way. I just want to know if anyone can relate to me on this. It's ok if you don't its just the movie in itself is bugging me in a way that whatever happened in the movie is kind of happening in Jims life right now but probably has been happening for ages.

What you don't believe can kill you

SCREW SLEEP! - Nancy Thompson
DarkoCPA
Earth Girls Are Easy

Re: Me, Myself and Irene

Postby Carrey's Girl » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:14 am

I do and this sounds stupid but i also understand some movie like me myself, and irene after i watch them about 4 times then i start to get it. :charlie: :hank:
I <3 Jim Carrey
Carrey's Girl
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby KC8t80 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:58 pm

I do agree the movie is in, some way, a reflection on Jim's life in these past few years (though I do think is accidental on how this connection is made.) Unfortunately, the way Jim has been in his private life, which inevitable reaches the media, is a result of his star status in Hollywood and his insecurity being in the limelight.

But that's my view. I'm sure someone here might have a better insight.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:37 pm

whatever happened in the movie is kind of happening in Jims life right now but probably has been happening for ages.

In which way do you think MMAI is a reflection of Jim's like DarkoCPA? :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby DarkoCPA » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:13 pm

fluffy wrote:
whatever happened in the movie is kind of happening in Jims life right now but probably has been happening for ages.

In which way do you think MMAI is a reflection of Jim's like DarkoCPA? :D

I'm guessing you missed some words out in your sentense becoz I'm reading it a couple of times and doesn't make sense to me. But anyway does anyone ever compare Jim to what he is like in his movies to what he is now. I just want to know if anyone can see what I see. People have a difficult time trying to look through my eyes and figure out what I see that makes me do the things what I do. The things what we have in common is that we all like Jim Carrey. I feel Jim maybe an important aspect as to why my life is how it is. I have grown up watching his movies but I want to know is for what reason are we all a fan of him. How much do people understand Jim for what he is. I often wonder does anyone know if Jims movies could actually be his reality?

DarkoCPA
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:32 pm

I notice in Bruce Almighty a little bit of Jim history.
But I don't know regarding Me, Myself & Irene. I don't see it in the movie... And I tend to notice does details.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:32 am

I'm guessing you missed some words out in your sentense becoz I'm reading it a couple of times and doesn't make sense to me

OOOPS!!! :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D .......so i did......lol.........sorry about that, i think i cut and pasted a bit too much and it doesn't make sense......lol.... :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby KC8t80 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:58 am

EvaAraujo wrote:I notice in Bruce Almighty a little bit of Jim history.
But I don't know regarding Me, Myself & Irene. I don't see it in the movie... And I tend to notice does details.

I think the only other film that reflected some of Jim's history i can think of was Fun with Dick and Jane.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:45 pm

KC8t80 wrote:
EvaAraujo wrote:I notice in Bruce Almighty a little bit of Jim history.

I think the only other film that reflected some of Jim's history i can think of was Fun with Dick and Jane.

Yeah I notice that too. :D
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby DarkoCPA » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:45 pm

In the film fun with Dick and Jane. Jim plays a character that is battling his way for money. Jim has already said he is the richest man in the world on twitter. The film fun with dick and jane may relate to Jims past growing up. But I'm not talking about Jims past I'm talking about what could be happening now.

DarkoCPA
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:44 am

But what ís happening right now in his life? There's nothing in the media about Jim overhere, so I wonder.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:32 pm

he's absorbed with his artwork these days.........he's in Canada for Thanksgiving and if you believe his joke, he's had a frontal lobotomy..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby DarkoCPA » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:49 pm

I guess your joking too. I'm not good with jokes but I don't care whether I get them or not. Jokes may not be important to me. Just wondered if I'm the only one questioning Jims actions.

DarkoCPA
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby fluffy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:17 pm

lol..........yes i'm joking :D,( i'm just referring to the photo joke he posted on Twitter a couple of days ago) From his latest Trulife film Jim is doing great. He's in Canada for Thanksgiving...the lucky duck...... :D :D :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby carreylegend » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Celebrity a double edge sword to have so much creativity and want to share it with people and make them happy, which then radiates back to the person, but for someone like him who hates to feel exposed must be pretty confusing sometimes. When you hear all these people on reality shows syaing "I want to be famous", god can't think of anything worse the pressure must be a nightmare.
carreylegend
Bruce Almighty

Next

Return to Older Movies