Jim Carrey Online

Jim's latest Trulife film

Comment current news topics here.

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby EvaAraujo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:48 pm

cotton wrote:Its usually people looking for attention but sometimes we get fans that tend to have love/hate feelings for him. They love him but at the same time hate him cause he doesn't love them back. At least not in the way they want him too. This is what some have told me anyway. Then they would come on here and say some really bad things about him and we would have to delete it all lol

There are a lot of people on twitter that send him hate messages and I wish they would stop. :(


You know, maybe is just me, but those are the kinda of "fans" who ruin the reputation of good ones like us. Seriously... I wanna run away from the things people would considerer being a fan of, is because all the notions that people have of being a fan are all wrong.

I love Jim. I really do. But I also know I don't know him well like a friend or someone in his personal life would.
I love his work but I also love who he is (the part that we know about and let's face it no one knows more about him than us good fans. That Emma video is a very good example of that).
Being a fan is a complicated notion, at least is what I think.

Why ask him to follow me on twitter, when I know he only follows one person (his daughter and truly the number one fan). Who am I? Just one fan in millions, I'm no better than anyone else and we all love him equally. It wouldn't be fair and I guess that's why he doesn't follow back people. And even if he did follow any fans, the fair thing to do would be to follow the ones who have been his fans for longer, which means I would have a lot of people in front of the line before it gets to me. Including all f you in JCO. ^^
Why asking 4 a reply when we know that even if he has the time, it's extremely hard to reply to all his fans! Hundreds of people mention his name on twitter every day. Can you imagine that timeline? Good God! He would be answering all his life and probably never finish...

Come on... we are the ones who let ourselves fall into illusions. I can dream, in fact I dream a lot but at the end of the day we know the truth and still we love him inconditionaly.

I believe in many kinds of love. Between fans an artist there's love, just one kind in many.
I wouldn't be his fan (not to my standards anyway) if I hate him just because he doesn't give me atention? It's not how it works. I personally don't feel is like that at all. I don't need it and he's not the person to get it from.

Lately I've been writting a journal that actually talks more about it.
I'm organize (or I try to be :) ) and when something in my life changes I feel the need to write down.
When I became his fan I felt that need so I've been writting a journal just to put into paper my thoughts and emotions, notions and theorys (some facts too = >) about me as a fan and as a Jim Carrey fan. It's a way to know myself as a fan. To learn as well. You have to learn who you are as (in my case) a woman, daughter, lover, etc.

Sounds a bit strange I'm sure but it's my way to, you know, let it out without bothering anyone. It's only for my eyes to see. Although... if anyone read it wouldn't harm anyone.

Sorry, long post. ^^ I don't know if you agree with me but...
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby DarkoCPA » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:56 pm

To get love from something. You after understand it inside and out. Jim is one complicated puzzle and its definitely not easy for everyone. Once the pressure starts on just getting stuck on the slightest bit in the puzzle. Panic begins to rush at the same time so does desperation. Without love life is depressing. The only way to get out of being stuck is turn to the first well known thing that involves Jim which of course is JCO. But of course being a true fan of Jim makes everyone of JCO complicated puzzles just like Jim. But since there is so many of us and only one of Jim. I think it is wise to just do one complicated puzzle and not do 10 or more. Love is worth it but people just need to learn how to get it easier.
Image

What you don't believe can kill you

SCREW SLEEP! - Nancy Thompson
User avatar
DarkoCPA
Earth Girls Are Easy
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:07 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby cotton » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:53 am

I agree with all you said!
Image
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
User avatar
cotton
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 12040
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:54 pm
Location: JCO Forum

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby fluffy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:55 am

the main thing is to keep it in perspective. Above all , live your real life...don't live a pseudo life dreaming of a life with Jim because b4 you know it, real life and all it's glorious opportunities will have passed you by......Appreciate Jim for what he chooses to allow us to see but realise he's living his own life and respect him for that......
Understand that the primary reason to join JCO is to be part of a community with a common bond..i.e Jim's films.....NOT to have a relationship with Jim..
If the obsessives keep these points in mind they won't begin to hate...... :D
Fluffy

Image
User avatar
fluffy
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 19850
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:03 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Well said Fluffy and Ava,
Well said =D> =D> =D> =D>
I really don't have much of a social like
so
I just come on here,
laugh a bit, and share humour where ever it may be.
Like
When I was on lunch break at work I put some
Carrots and marshmallows.. in the microwave.
I had cut up carrots and in a tiny container
in the centre were the marshmallows with a tiny lid
as the microwave cooked the carrots
the marshmallows expanded and started to lift the lid
of the little cup in the centre,
it looked like the expanding head of the
Puffy marshmallow man
on Ghost Busters
I started to laugh at work as I watched the microwave
I'd stop the microwave and the puffy face would dissappear
I laughed as I reapeated the process finally I had to
get on with my lunch
Thankfully, I took the marshmallow conglomerate out
of the microwave before it blew up like the
Marshmallow Puff man
User avatar
Canadian Jayne
Kick-Ass 2
 
Posts: 5164
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: somewhereoutthere,Ontario, Canada

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:49 pm

cotton wrote:I agree with all you said!


Thank you ^^
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Canadian Jayne wrote:Well said Fluffy and Ava,
Well said =D> =D> =D> =D>
I really don't have much of a social like
so
I just come on here,
laugh a bit, and share humour where ever it may be.
Like
When I was on lunch break at work I put some
Carrots and marshmallows.. in the microwave.
I had cut up carrots and in a tiny container
in the centre were the marshmallows with a tiny lid
as the microwave cooked the carrots
the marshmallows expanded and started to lift the lid
of the little cup in the centre,
it looked like the expanding head of the
Puffy marshmallow man
on Ghost Busters
I started to laugh at work as I watched the microwave
I'd stop the microwave and the puffy face would dissappear
I laughed as I reapeated the process finally I had to
get on with my lunch
Thankfully, I took the marshmallow conglomerate out
of the microwave before it blew up like the
Marshmallow Puff man


It's Eva but it's ok. :P
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:53 pm

fluffy wrote:the main thing is to keep it in perspective. Above all , live your real life...don't live a pseudo life dreaming of a life with Jim because b4 you know it, real life and all it's glorious opportunities will have passed you by......Appreciate Jim for what he chooses to allow us to see but realise he's living his own life and respect him for that......
Understand that the primary reason to join JCO is to be part of a community with a common bond..i.e Jim's films.....NOT to have a relationship with Jim..
If the obsessives keep these points in mind they won't begin to hate...... :D


Totally agree. :wink:
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby carreylegend » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:13 pm

cotton wrote:Its usually people looking for attention but sometimes we get fans that tend to have love/hate feelings for him. They love him but at the same time hate him cause he doesn't love them back. At least not in the way they want him too. This is what some have told me anyway. Then they would come on here and say some really bad things about him and we would have to delete it all lol

There are a lot of people on twitter that send him hate messages and I wish they would stop. :(


crikey never understand that you see random people saying to celebs follow me, tweet me, answer me, like what a great thing you can actually tell the person you respect their work how much you love and appreciate their art and leave it at that, don't get all this "have to get a 10,000 followers one has to be a well know person", and they have to answer me or it's the end of the world, god it makes me a bit mad really.
User avatar
carreylegend
The Majestic
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:25 pm
Location: London

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby fluffy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:12 pm

it's just a sign of a Cyber generation......but folk need real interactions too....(lest there's a power cut and the network goes down :lol: :lol: ) :wink:
lol..have you seen the brilliant Southpark episode when the internet gets rationed?......V funny :D
Fluffy

Image
User avatar
fluffy
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 19850
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:03 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby fluffy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Well said Fluffy and Ava,
thanks CJ , it's a pleasure to be here and be allowed to share my wee thoughts with everyone here.... :D
Fluffy

Image
User avatar
fluffy
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 19850
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:03 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby DarkoCPA » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Twitter is simple. It is a social networking website. This means twitter will lead to all sorts of social behaviour including behaviour that belongs to big people as in stars. Twitter can reveal a lot of things about people becoz of this it can weaken the famous stars and reveal the truth. The truth isn't always what we want to hear. Like for example Jim and his fans don't really want to know how many people hate him. But thats the truth thats why Twitter can be dangerous. The most important part is how Jim and his fans personally deal with the truth. Now that is something that should be well observed.
Image

What you don't believe can kill you

SCREW SLEEP! - Nancy Thompson
User avatar
DarkoCPA
Earth Girls Are Easy
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:07 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby carreylegend » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:02 pm

DarkoCPA wrote:Twitter is simple. It is a social networking website. This means twitter will lead to all sorts of social behaviour including behaviour that belongs to big people as in stars. Twitter can reveal a lot of things about people becoz of this it can weaken the famous stars and reveal the truth. The truth isn't always what we want to hear. Like for example Jim and his fans don't really want to know how many people hate him. But thats the truth thats why Twitter can be dangerous. The most important part is how Jim and his fans personally deal with the truth. Now that is something that should be well observed.


ha anyone who thinks they are loved by everyone is off the mark, doubt any of the fans think that. I think the real issue eveyone is discussing is the fact some people cannot seperate it from real life. You should be A glad you can tell someone you admire their stuff and know they will get it, B accept the bad stuff from people if not skip over we can't all be loved. It's the not so real fans begging responses and follows form celebs that is just crazy and then get all weird when it doesn't happen, those are the people who need to go to twitter school.
User avatar
carreylegend
The Majestic
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:25 pm
Location: London

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby chips and dip » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Hey guys, what happened to the small clip at the end of the Conan video where Jim came out as the sexual superhero? I thought it was at the end of part 3 but I just watched it and it wasn't there. :?: :D
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
User avatar
chips and dip
Kick-Ass 2
 
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:44 am
Location: In A Pineapple Under The Sea

Re: Jim's latest Trulife film

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:12 pm

Ooops spelling error Eva
Please forgive [-o< [-o<
User avatar
Canadian Jayne
Kick-Ass 2
 
Posts: 5164
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: somewhereoutthere,Ontario, Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Stop The Press!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests