Jim Carrey Online

Carrey: Being good dad a challenge

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Carrey: Being good dad a challenge

Postby jimliker » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:35 pm

"There were times when I didn't feel as close as I could be, and I wasn't there as much as I could be," the actor revealed at the Hollywood premiere of his new family-friendly film Mr Popper's Penguins.

"This movie addresses that," Jim explained, speaking about the role where he plays a divorced dad struggling to stay close to his two young children.

In real life, Jim admits he worried about not being around enough for his 24-year-old daughter Jane when she was growing up.

"I think it's a sign of the times, [parenting] is a challenge for a lot of people, but yeah certainly it was for me," he said honestly.

But the 49-year-old funnyman insists his priority nowadays is spending as much time as he can with his daughter and one-year-old grandson Jackson.

"He is an absolute blast," Jim admitted beaming from ear to ear. "He went from walking to running immediately and he's out of control!"

Jim revealed: "He's pure joy though, honestly. He hasn't been squashed by anything so he comes into a room and he knows you want to see him, there's no one that doesn't want to see him, and it's a wonderful energy - it's love's ripple, kind of nice."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/enter ... html?r=RSS

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Re: Carrey: Being good dad a challenge

Postby fluffy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:54 pm

awe, his heart is bursting with love for the wee soul..........makes my heart go all cosy reading about it too..........it's like ripples on a pond...... lol
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Return to (2011) Mr. Popper's Penguins