Jim Carrey Online

With All These Cancellations and Dropouts...

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

With All These Cancellations and Dropouts...

Postby chips and dip » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:01 am

... including Three Stooges, The Beaver, and Is This Thing On.
And things that I feel will never get made (Damn Yankees, Ripley's, Pierre Pierre), I'm starting to think that Sober Buddies is getting closer to being made. Again, this is my wishful thinking. This project has always sounded appealing to me :)
After thinking about it, Will Ferrell doesn't seem to have much going on in his schedule either and everything Ferrell and Carrey have done together (SNL) has been hilarious... well, you get what I'm saying :roll:

Well what do you think? There isn't much else for Jim Carrey to do if something doesn't pop up soon.
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:45 am

i think they would be fantastic together in Sober Buddies............... :D
I guess the credit crunch has hammered the movie industry.........if only they could make movies for realistic smaller budgets...........then more would get made...........
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:24 pm

I think he should produce a movie, he can start with mine and direct it as well and be in it...

What do you think about that? :lol: :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:47 pm

You know what I think? Jim should take a new agent.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby lammy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:28 pm

I think Jim should direct and produce my movie... will say this over and over and over again until someone listens to me.
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:38 pm

We all listen ... we just don't respond. :twisted:

(just kidding)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Mhjm6 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:06 am

Let's wait for more news on any upcoming productions before we make guesses on what should happen next.
Mhjm6
Once Bitten

Postby lammy » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:12 am

grinchy steve wrote:We all listen ... we just don't respond. :twisted:

(just kidding)

That's funny because I have been here for 4 years and if that is what I wanted in the first place I would have said it from when I arrived, but that is not the case. I developed the story and the screenplay as my admiration for Jim grew and I think it is something worth doing and I bet he likes the plot.
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby chips and dip » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:09 am

What's the plot?
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:10 am

The one from my screenplay... about a 35 year old nerd who owns a donut shop and has six deliquents volunteering their services at his business only to go out with them one day and gets left behind where he finds a genie and she helps him with his troubles.
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:56 am

Here's the synopsis for Lammy's screenplay Chips and Dips.........

Jake who considers himself a nerd always dreamt of owning his own business. He is the owner and manager of six delinquents who volunteer their service at his donut shop, except the employees have no respect for him nor any customer that comes in to the donut shop, making the donut shop one of the town’s worst place to go and enjoy a coffee or donut.

One day Stephanie (one of the employees) decides she needs a few days off. Stephanie and her boyfriend Roland (another employee) come to agree that they do need a break. Both plan a trip to sea inviting Jake and promise to bring him a date, but this was a disguise to the real plan they have of leaving him at sea.

The night came where Jake would company his employees on the boat ride. Jake went as far as going shopping at a local store for new clothing. He was excited to meet his date and to hang out with his employees for he had no friends and has never been on a real date.

Jake’s employees suggest that he buys beer to bring with them on the boat ride. Jake while inside the liquor store had no idea what to buy so he made the guy behind the counter place whatever liquor bottles he grabbed inside the bags.

The time had came for Jake to meet his date, all the employees where in the car waiting for him to step out of the car and go meet his date at the door but Jake was scared. Finally after a few knee shakes Jake got the nerves to meet his date.

Once at the door Jake’s date (Susan) ignored him as she made her way to the car upset.

While on the way to the boat deck Susan sat on Jake’s lap for lack of space in the car. Jake didn’t know what to do while Susan was on his lap, he sweated and felt he was going to pass out through the whole ride.

At the dock everyone rushed to the boat while leaving Jake behind to struggle with the bags of liquor.

On the boat ride Jake was drugged by his employees without him noticing while Susan paid no attention to him.

When they arrived at an island Roland suggested to Jake to step into the island and made up a lie that no one came out of there once they stepped foot inside of the island. On his way out of the boat Jake tripped over a hose and fell out landing face first in the ocean but he still had confidence. He made his way towards the island only for Roland to turn the boat around and leave him behind.

On the island after not seeing his employees Jake’s confidence wore off, leaving him sad, confused and feeling like a fool. His spirit was shattered until he comes across a shiny object that turned out to be a Genie trapped inside a bottle.

After having a conversation with the Genie at the island Jake back in his home realized that the Genie was in fact real. He knew that things would now be as he dreamt of when he was a young boy, he had a Genie that indeed would help him with all his troubles.

The Genie gives him that confident he only once had but when he got drunk and drugged. The Genie also gives Jake’s employees a little bit of their medicine by playing tricks on them.

After his employees notice that something weird is happening they discover out that Jake has a Genie and start plotting on a way to steal it from him. They do steal the Genie from Jake only to regret ever doing so because the Genie would have the last say.

In the end Jake’s donut shop tops the other stores in town, the dream he always wished for. Jake and the Genie live happily ever after.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:40 am

lol........here's a mini skit from me... :wink:

SCENE: A DUSTY OLD CLASSROOM (A BIT LIKE HOGWARTS :wink: )
DAY TIME
CHARACTERS: MISS FLOWERS - ANCIENT ECCENTRIC HEAD TEACHER
FLEUR - MOUSY BOOKWORM PUPIL 10-11

FLEUR IS CRYING IN MISS FLOWERS OFFICE, SHE IS BEING BULLIED AT SCHOOL.

FLEUR: IT'S NOT FAIR, WHY DOES SHE PICK ON ME?
I'VE NOT DONE ANYTHING TO HER, BUT SHE WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE? i'VE HAD IT!!! I REALLY HAVE!!

MISS FLOWERS: CHILD DRY YOUR EYES, I WILL SHARE WITH YOU A GREAT SECRET OF HOW TO DEAL WITH BULLIES........NOW WHERE HAVE I PUT MY GLASSES?

FLEUR: THEY'RE ON YOUR HEAD.....

MISS FLOWERS: AH YES, NOW WHAT WAS I SAYING?

FLEUR: BULLYING....

MISS FLOWERS: HOLD THE BOTTOM OF THE LADDER FOR ME WHILE I GET THE BOOK DOWN..........

FLEUR: THE BOOK?

MISS FLOWERS GINGERLY CLIMBS THE STEPS TO THE TOP SHELF AND PULLS DOWN AN ANCIENT, MEDIEVAL LOOKING TOMB........LAYING IT ON THE DESK SHE BLOWS OFF GENERATIONS OF DUST...LEAFING THROUGH IT SHE STOPS AT A MYSTICAL LOOKING SECTION..

MISS FLOWERS: AH YES, THE VERY THING.......THIS MY CHILD WILL TAKE CARE OF THE BULLY.

REACHING INTO HER DESK SHE TAKES OUT A KNIFE WRAPPED IN A CLOTH..

FLEUR STANDS WIDE EYED

MISS FLOWERS CALLS IN THE BULLY

MISS FLOWERS: I'M TOLD YOU HAVE BEEN PERSECUTING THIS POOR CHILD, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY?

BULLY STICKS TONGUE OUT AT FLEUR, FLEUR CRIES.

MISS FLOWERS PICKS UP THE KNIFE AND REACHES INTO HER BAG FOR SOMETHING.......

MISS FLOWERS:FLEUR, I WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO DEAL WITH BULLIES FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL CHILD..

FLEUR STANDS OPEN MOUTHED AS THE BULLY CONTINUES TO PULL FACES BEHIND MISS FLOWERS BACK.

MISS FLOWERS PROCEDES TO PICK UP THE HUGE HEAVY BOOK, IN ONE UNEXPECTED SWIFT MOTION SHE WHACKS THE BULLY ON THE HEAD AND SENDS HER FLYING.
FLEUR STANDS IN SHOCK.

MISS FLOWERS STANDS SMILING AS THE SURPRISED BULLY STAGGERS TO HER FEET.

MISS FLOWERS; GET BACK TO CLASS AND DON'T LET ME HEAR OF YOU BULLYING AGAIN..

HOLDING OUT AN APPLE SHE PICKS UP THE KNIFE AND QUARTERS IT, OFFERING A PIECE TO FLEUR.

FLEUR SHAKES HER HEAD

MISS FLOWERS: NO?.......(CHUCKLES) BACK TO CLASS WITH YOU FLEUR......

FLEUR WALKS TO THE DOOR.

MISS FLOWERS: ......... REMEMBER FLEUR, WORDS ARE MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD......(WINKS)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol....i think Jim would make a great Miss Flowers........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by fluffy on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:47 am

lol...........back to topic......'if the mountain won't go to Mohammed Mohammed needs to go to the mountain'. Perhaps Jim should use this time to explore making his own movie............he has the rights to some interesting stuff or he could always commision or write his own........he'd have complete creative freedom then............ :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:59 pm

fluffy wrote: Perhaps Jim should use this time to explore making his own movie............he has the rights to some interesting stuff or he could always commision or write his own........he'd have complete creative freedom then............ :D

I agree 100%. Would be COOL if he went down that road. :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:36 pm

I wonder what's up with the future plans. Christmas Carol is a fact, Phillip Morris is made and ... well, it looks like there will be a long Carrey-less period in the theatres. There's not one single project moving forward. :?
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Next

Return to Upcoming Movies