Jim Carrey Online

Sean Penn out!

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Sean Penn out!

Postby fluffy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:10 am

Sean Penn has made the decision time off from Hollywood, which immediately throws two movies he was headlining into jeopardy. Instead of acting, he’ll be spending time with his family, which includes his two children and his estranged wife, actress Robin Wright Penn. The couple has been on the verge of divorced twice in the past two years.

The first movie Penn is leaving behind is MGM’s adaptation of The Three Stooges, an odd casting line-up where Penn would have played Larry alongside Jim Carrey (Curly) and Benicio Del Toro (Moe). The Farrelly brothers have been trying to get this project going for almost a decade, so the chances of them waiting for the “Best Actor” winner are low, especially considering production was supposed to start this August. What about Daniel Day Lewis, Brad Pitt, or Russell Crowe? Who else is a great actor and a bad fit for this movie…

http://newsinfilm.com/?p=16466
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:47 pm

Hm, I thought Sean Penn was the only one in this movie that felt like the perfect fit. With him out, I can't think of anyone to replace him. I say : Delay the movie and wait for Penn. In meanwhile Carrey can do the projects that had to wait because of this one.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby carreypunkrawker » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:35 pm

please please please cancel the whole movie. didn't want it to happen anyways. This is what is meant to be!
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby 123Dan123 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:03 am

Cancel the movie? Wow.

Anyways, to get back on topic, it's a real shame that Penn had to drop out. I really wanted to see what he could do with that role. But, he can be replaced, but I can't think of anyone.

I wouldn't be mad if they delayed it to wait for Penn. But I doubt they will.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby chips and dip » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:39 am

Yeah if they only had to postpone 6 months or something, that'd be fine, but 2 years is a long time. I think they'll replace him.
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby 123Dan123 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Word is that Paul Giamatti or Simon Pegg will replace Sean Penn.

I think either one of them would be great, but I', leaning towards Paul as he's one of my fav actors.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:29 pm

Thumbs down for Pegg (he's a very bad fit for that role), but thumbs waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up for Giamatti! He worked with Jim in 'Truman' and 'MotM'. He's one of my favorite actors, I'm realy curious about his upcoming 'Cold Souls', looks brilliant, a mix between 'Eternal Sunshine' and 'John Malcovich'.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby 123Dan123 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:09 am

I really like Pegg, but he doesn't seem to fit this role very well. I really hope Giamatti lands this role, because I think I would like that better than Penn personally.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby fluffy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:29 am

i'm with you.......I don't think Simon Pegg is right but Paul Giamatti would be perfect............ :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Return to Upcoming Movies