Jim Carrey Online

'Directors fortnight' press conference

Discuss this movie. Filmed April 29-June 30, 2008
Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

'Directors fortnight' press conference

Postby fluffy » Tue May 19, 2009 10:43 pm

I love you Philip Morris Press Conference - N West

Today in Cannes, at the 'directors fortnight' showing of his highly anticipated 'gay prison dramedy', Jim explained his motivation for doing the film.

"I've read only a few scripts in my life I felt I had to absolutely do -- 'The Truman Show,' 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', and 'I Love You Phillip Morris,'"

The true story of Steven Russell, a flamboyant con-man who falls in love with fellow prison inmate Philip Morris, played by Ewen McGregor and makes several jail-break attempts to be with his lover , Jim confessed

'I was compelled by his insane need for acceptance, his relentlessness when it came to wanting love," he said, adding with a grin: "I don't know why they cast me."
"I said to my agent -- I have to do this even if I have to offer to do it for free," "I didn't actually make that offer," he added.
Jim was especially full of praise for the script written by co-writers and first-time directors Glenn Ficarra and John Requa , "They told a really risky little story and actually dared to make it romantic."

I love you Philip Morris has finally secured distribution deals and is due out on general release in 2010.
Last edited by fluffy on Wed May 20, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Wed May 20, 2009 12:01 am

That's really great. :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Wed May 20, 2009 9:29 am

Nice, nice.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Wed May 20, 2009 12:53 pm

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Rosita » Wed May 20, 2009 2:32 pm

Nice, nice, nice thanks! :)
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Return to (2010) I Love You Phillip Morris