Jim Carrey Online

Do somebody know the song?

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Do somebody know the song?

Postby osvalds » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:56 pm

What song was used in seminar scene, that sounded like good trance, could somebody tell me how it is called, i already searched in google but didin't found anything.
osvalds

Postby carreypunkrawker » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:04 pm

see if you can rent or buy the dvd, and then look in the credits at the end under the music credits. song should be in there.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby Twigggy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:37 am

carreypunkrawker wrote:see if you can rent or buy the dvd, and then look in the credits at the end under the music credits. song should be in there.

Yeah they could find the song that way, probably. But the way I look at it is 20.00-plus dollars for a movie this genuinely generic and godawful just isn't worth it for one song.

Jim Carrey used to be on the top of his game as an actor, giving us great, versatile performances as Andy Kaufman, Ace Ventura, Lloyd Christmas, Charlie Baily Gates...etc... For some reason Carrey's vehemently opposed to sequels, yet I guess nobody's told him he's played this SAME FRICKIN' character many times over in "Fun with Dick and Jane," "Liar Liar" and "Bruce Almighty"--seriously, these characters are so generic, so awfully written that you can hardly distinguish them from one another. Fletcher from "Liar Liar" was the template for all these guys, but at least "Liar Liar" was a funny movie. The others sucked. Whenever they're forced to physical comedy it just seems contrived, unnatural.... Seriously, I hardly ever laugh watching Carrey anymore. It's like he's lost his ability to find a good script; maybe fame as deluded him to what is funny, or maybe he just needs a break.

In any event, this is going to be the last time I buy any of his movies in a while--unless it's the upcoming "Three Stooges." He's burned me already with swill like "Fun with Dick and Jane," "The Number 23" and, most recently. "Yes man."

I still want to be a Jim Carrey fan but my wallet can't allow of it. He keeps screwing me out of my much-needed money.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby carreypunkrawker » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Amazon.com sells copies of his movies that would be only $3 -$13 including shipping.

I understand how you feel. I feel the same about Carrey. The Stooges' comedy died with them. No one could ever re-enact what they could do.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby lammy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:57 pm

Twigggy wrote:
carreypunkrawker wrote:see if you can rent or buy the dvd, and then look in the credits at the end under the music credits. song should be in there.

Yeah they could find the song that way, probably. But the way I look at it is 20.00-plus dollars for a movie this genuinely generic and godawful just isn't worth it for one song.

Jim Carrey used to be on the top of his game as an actor, giving us great, versatile performances as Andy Kaufman, Ace Ventura, Lloyd Christmas, Charlie Baily Gates...etc... For some reason Carrey's vehemently opposed to sequels, yet I guess nobody's told him he's played this SAME FRICKIN' character many times over in "Fun with Dick and Jane," "Liar Liar" and "Bruce Almighty"--seriously, these characters are so generic, so awfully written that you can hardly distinguish them from one another. Fletcher from "Liar Liar" was the template for all these guys, but at least "Liar Liar" was a funny movie. The others sucked. Whenever they're forced to physical comedy it just seems contrived, unnatural.... Seriously, I hardly ever laugh watching Carrey anymore. It's like he's lost his ability to find a good script; maybe fame as deluded him to what is funny, or maybe he just needs a break.

In any event, this is going to be the last time I buy any of his movies in a while--unless it's the upcoming "Three Stooges." He's burned me already with swill like "Fun with Dick and Jane," "The Number 23" and, most recently. "Yes man."

I still want to be a Jim Carrey fan but my wallet can't allow of it. He keeps screwing me out of my much-needed money.

At least you have some of his movie DVD's... unlike me. I do think he needs a break. But this is just me.
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreypunkrawker » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:30 am

carreypunkrawker wrote:Amazon.com sells copies of his movies that would be only $3 -$13 including shipping.

I understand how you feel. I feel the same about Carrey. The Stooges' comedy died with them. No one could ever re-enact what they could do.

just paid $14 for Yes Man (2 disc edition plus a digital copy) from Amazon when it's $25 everywhere else. But yes, it's expensive buying this stuff. That's why I said to "RENT" to find the song you're looking for. You can rent it for $3 or $4, find what you need and then return it.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby Twigggy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:04 am

At least you have some of his movie DVD's... unlike me. I do think he needs a break. But this is just me

What's funny is I had no interest in seeing "23." But one day I just got a wild hair and bought it. It ended up being as bad as I suspected.

"Yes Man" I had a little more hope for--but not much.

As for Carrey needing a break, yeah, I think so too. I'm not especially eager to see him onscreen for a while--but "The Three Stooges," I don't think I can miss that. He seems to have remarkable chemistry with the Farrelly (sp?) bros.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby carreypunkrawker » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:02 am

I'd really love to miss it, but I probably won't. I kept saying, "No No No" to Yes Man in theaters and then I saw it and thought it wasn't half bad, but Three Stooges is terrible! I had hopes for Me, Myself & Irene back then and it was terrible! Then 23 came and that was HORRIBLE! So yeah, his movies suck big time while his performances are still good. I want to see another Indie like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind but then again would like to see something new as well but just as good.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby Twigggy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:36 am

carreypunkrawker wrote:I'd really love to miss it, but I probably won't. I kept saying, "No No No" to Yes Man in theaters and then I saw it and thought it wasn't half bad, but Three Stooges is terrible! I had hopes for Me, Myself & Irene back then and it was terrible! Then 23 came and that was HORRIBLE! So yeah, his movies suck big time while his performances are still good. I want to see another Indie like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind but then again would like to see something new as well but just as good.

Yeah, I agree with everything you said, minus "The Stooges" and "Irene" obviously. Anyhow, you've been disenchanted with Carrey--his movies, not his performances--longer than me. "23" to me has got to be one of his all-time worst. I mean, it was REALLY REALLY unspeakably awful. I too like him in more serious roles from time-to-time; his best serious part, in my opinion, would be Andy Kaufman. It was a very sad movie but it could also be very funny and uplifting... I have to say I'm not too huge on his family movies either, like Lemony Snicket and "The Grinch." "The Mask" was fantastic though and I guess that's a quasi-family-friendly movie.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby carreypunkrawker » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:59 am

yes, disenchanted is definitely one of the words I'm looking for.

Lemony, The Grinch, 23, Irene, and now the f--king Stooges. The Stooges' humor died with the three Stooges. I can't imagine a whole movie crew including Carrey bringing it back. The whole idea. . . it's not going to fly. . . It'll take off and then crash. The Majestic did just that but at least I had hopes for the Majestic because that was a fascinating movie to watch.

The "schitzo" in Irene wasn't that bad, but giving Harry a Clint Eastwood personality didn't win me over. Also, the stuff happening around the schitzo was tasteless. It had some of its moments but it wasn't anything new, so I was literally in that theater bored. I wish I weren't saying this but when I saw the movie on the day it came out, I was alone in that theater watching Me, Myself, and Irene. That's not how I envisioned it. I have a feeling that if there were people in the theater, there would have been some giggles and laughter but not much. Irene was too much like "Something About Mary". I wanted something new.

Too much Jim in Lemony but that wasn't entirely Jim's fault. There was too much of Olaf in the books, but that was just Count Olaf being psychotic and silly and evil, so I don't blame Carrey for Lemony. It's just how the book was written.

Grinch bored me. It wasn't funny, it was just for a much younger crowd. My bad for seeing that one. Same goes for Madagascar with the animals escaping from the zoo. Not great because I'm not a 4, 5, 6 year old kid.

I was bored with 23. I had hopes but when people started saying how SCARY it was, I was like, "What a bunch of wimps!" Didn't scare me, but it had a good thing going, but it could have been done better. Don't know how, but I don't think it was Carrey's fault. Just more disenchantment, nonetheless.

Sorry about my opinons, but you're not entitled to them. These aren't facts, just feelings. Don't get pissed. I'm an individual and so are you. Don't let it bother you so much that you write back to me in ALL CAPS and with foul language. ;0)

Enough is Enough. I'm stopping right here. I think I got too far ahead. It's really time to quit. You get the idea!
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby Twigggy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:51 am

"Lemony, The Grinch, 23, Irene, and now the f--king Stooges. The Stooges' humor died with the three Stooges. I can't imagine a whole movie crew including Carrey bringing it back. The whole idea. . . it's not going to fly. . ."

Maybe not; maybe so. Sometimes people hate seeing their favorite shows re-created into major motion pictures because they're afraid it will suck. But it wouldn't bother me if one of my favorite shows--say "M*A*S*H" or "Seinfeld--was made into a movie because, even if the movie sucks it won't detract anything from the greatness of its TV counterpart(s).

"The 'schitzo' in Irene wasn't that bad, but giving Harry a Clint Eastwood personality didn't win me over. Also, the stuff happening around the schitzo was tasteless. It had some of its moments but it wasn't anything new, so I was literally in that theater bored. I wish I weren't saying this but when I saw the movie on the day it came out, I was alone in that theater watching Me, Myself, and Irene. That's not how I envisioned it. I have a feeling that if there were people in the theater, there would have been some giggles and laughter but not much. Irene was too much like 'Something About Mary'. I wanted something new. "

It was something like Mary--very R-rated humor and whatnot. But I almost remember hearing the Farrelly's saying, before the movie's release, that they'd written it before "Mary," so if that's true then "Mary's" too like "Irene." I liked them both, although I think Mary's superior.

"Too much Jim in Lemony but that wasn't entirely Jim's fault. There was too much of Olaf in the books, but that was just Count Olaf being psychotic and silly and evil, so I don't blame Carrey for Lemony. It's just how the book was written."

I walked out of "Lemony."

"Grinch bored me. It wasn't funny, it was just for a much younger crowd. My bad for seeing that one. Same goes for Madagascar with the animals escaping from the zoo. Not great because I'm not a 4, 5, 6 year old kid."

Grinch was boring. Something about the way Carrey portrayed him reminded me of "The Mask." Dunno why. My opinion on Jim Carrey is that he IS a good actor. But I've just started to lose more and more interest in him the past 7 years. There are some fans who have to own every movie he's in just because he's in it--sometimes, I think, not because of the movie as a whole. And I'm not one of those fans. A good actor alone can't carry a bad script and/or poor director. I'd much rather see a movie penned/directed by a screenwriter/director I like than one with an actor I admire.

"I was bored with 23. I had hopes but when people started saying how SCARY it was, I was like, "What a bunch of wimps!" Didn't scare me, but it had a good thing going, but it could have been done better. Don't know how, but I don't think it was Carrey's fault. Just more disenchantment, nonetheless."

There's nothing even remotely scary about Jim's pathetic dog-catcher character or that movie in general.

Sorry about my opinons, but you're not entitled to them. These aren't facts, just feelings. Don't get pissed. I'm an individual and so are you. Don't let it bother you so much that you write back to me in ALL CAPS and with foul language. ;0)

Oh god--don't be so damned presumptuous. I got enough problems in my life without having to take offense at somebody disagreeing with me about a "Three Stooges" remake. I'm vaguely interested in this movie but if it's never even made I won't lose much sleep over it. You're entitled to you own opinion on the movie and I won't take issue with it--but I still don't know what you mean by "I'm not entitled to them"?
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby fluffy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:36 am

..........OOPS...........back to the topic folks....... :D ..........does anyone know the song?.........
my DVD is on order but will probably take months to get here, depending on the speed the pigeon and donkey go....... :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby carreypunkrawker » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:03 pm

good answers! Actually I own almost all of Jim's DVDs because I was hoping for some interesting material on the dvd. Some of them, there is, but, yeah, I'm the same as you, I don't own all of his movies. Seeing them is enough for me. I don't have to own them.

"You're not entitled to my opinions" means you don't have to agree with my opinions. you did just that. sorry about the confusion.

ok, now, I don't know the song. maybe I will in the near future.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Re: Do somebody know the song?

Postby carreypunkrawker » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:05 pm

osvalds wrote:What song was used in seminar scene, that sounded like good trance, could somebody tell me how it is called, i already searched in google but didin't found anything.

did you try YouTube to see if YouTube has the clip? I know it won't tell you the song, but just wondering if it's on YouTube. It may be breaking copyright laws though.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby carreypunkrawker » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Twigggy wrote: Oh god--don't be so damned presumptuous. I got enough problems in my life without having to take offense at somebody disagreeing with me about a "Three Stooges" remake. I'm vaguely interested in this movie but if it's never even made I won't lose much sleep over it. You're entitled to you own opinion on the movie and I won't take issue with it--but I still don't know what you mean by "I'm not entitled to them"?

If I'm not presumptuous, I usually get do get the expletives. When I am presumptuous, I get compassion. That's why I put that at the end.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Next

Return to (2008) Yes Man