Jim Carrey Online

A Christmas Carol Reviews

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

A Christmas Carol Reviews

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:15 pm

At Showest 2009, Disney showed some stuff about upcoming projects. Alice in Wonderland, Up, Toy Story 3, Beauty and the Beast 3D and ofcours ... A Christmas Carol. Here's what Ain't It Cool had to say about it:

"They didn’t have anything in 3-D, but they did run the 2-D in production reel, which didn’t have any footage, but a lot of art and still shots. I was lucky enough to visit the Beowulf offices way back in ’06 seeing how they were developing that film. When I was there, I saw a lot of similar art and photo-real snapshots of the characters. They translated almost exactly, so I’m really confident in saying this one looks pretty damn good. It’s dark, the tone bleak and scary. The different Jim Carreys were radically different, the one looking the most like him being Scrooge, who is angular, fierce looking and covered with liverspots and old man skin. The other ghosts we can see were a jolly young Santa Claus looking dude and a child floating in mid-air. The art was very bleak, Victorian England, of course. But some of it looked nightmare inducing, so that’s right up my alley. Count me excited."

(Ok, it's not yet a review, but you know, I don't like openingen 375 topics for one simple quote) ;)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby TNPihl » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:55 pm

Yes looks interesting, hopefully some of the stills will be revealed on the internet.

The tagline was also announed at ShoWest 2009:
This November, we'll charm the Dickens out of you
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:25 pm

I was hoping for some pictures too, but there's not one single site out there that seems to have some. It was much different last year, that's for sure. I hope some will show up.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby 123Dan123 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:57 pm

Yeah, and I'm very surprised the trailer hasn't been released yet. I assume it will be released the starting of this month sometime.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby chips and dip » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:13 am

123Dan123 wrote:Yeah, and I'm very surprised the trailer hasn't been released yet. I assume it will be released the starting of this month sometime.

God, I hope so! :roll: :lol:
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to (2009) Disney's A Christmas Carol