Jim Carrey Online

Carrey in talks to play Curly!

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Carrey in talks to play Curly!

Postby indy-jones » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Found this on ComingSoon.net!

Sean Penn Set for The Three Stooges!
Source: Variety March 25, 2009

MGM and the Farrelly brothers are closing in on their cast for The Three Stooges, reports Variety.

The studio has set Sean Penn to play Larry, and negotiations are underway with Jim Carrey to play Curly, with the actor already making plans to gain 40 pounds to approximate the physical dimensions of Jerome "Curly" Howard.

The studio is zeroing in on Benicio Del Toro to play Moe.

The film is a comedy built around the antics of the three characters that Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Howard played in the Columbia Pictures shorts.

Production will begin in early fall for a release sometime in 2010. The Farrellys, who wrote the script, are producing with their Conundrum partner Bradley Thomas, and Charlie Wessler.

What do you guys think? Good idea, or bad idea?
To me, I'll give it a chance as long as Carrey plays Curly to the fullest!
"Snakes! Why it had to be snakes?"
-Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
indy-jones
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

Postby 123Dan123 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Good news indeed! I didn't see your thread when I created mine... Strange.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby chips and dip » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! This will be awesome to see Jim Carrey act for the Farrelly Bros. again! :D
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby chips and dip » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:29 pm

Characterman should be happpy. :lol: He talks about a Three Stooges movie all the time!
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:16 pm

The news is great!

But there's one thing I realy don't get ... Jim Carrey as Curly!? It was discussed many times the last months on different movie-sites and everybody (including me) agreed that Jim would be perfect for Moe Howard. If Del Torro should play someone, it should be Curly. I realy don't get it. :-k
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:26 pm

Jim will have to put on 40lbs.........lol.........yum yum........more Jim to love..........lol........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby 123Dan123 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:57 am

grinchy steve wrote:The news is great!

But there's one thing I realy don't get ... Jim Carrey as Curly!? It was discussed many times the last months on different movie-sites and everybody (including me) agreed that Jim would be perfect for Moe Howard. If Del Torro should play someone, it should be Curly. I realy don't get it. :-k

I think it's a good cast. Also cool that Carrey is gonna gain a lot of weight, Curly is also the dumbest stooge.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby lammy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:22 am

Yes I like Curly the funniest one of all. :lol: Whoa 40pounds? Can't they just put like a pillow and some makeup on him instead? :lol: :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:53 am

grinchy steve wrote:The news is great!

Yea I thought the same thing
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby jimliker » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:23 pm

the 3 stooges r 1 of my fave shows!!
Is Jim playin the fat guy??

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:23 pm

Yes he is.

On the onse side, I think it's great news. On the other side, this news has very mixed comments that sound extreem. Lots of people don't want this to get made and specially not with these names. But also lots of people are exited about this cast ... one things for sure, they all (almost) hope the Farelly Brothers don't screw it up.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby 123Dan123 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:48 pm

Characterman wrote:Yeah, I'm very Happy here. Well, I knew it! They won't miss out on Jim Carrey for a Three Stooges Movie. But, I never think of him as Curly before at all. Because Jim Carrey is not fat much the Curly Howard Character. He is more of the Characters of Larry Fine or Moe Howard.

Oh Well, I guess Jim Carrey will be like Tim Allen then playing as Curly Howard with graining weight . When Tim Allen played as Santa Claus in The Santa Clause Movie Series. He grain a little weight for the Santa Claus Character.

And, i see even more in Jim Carrey's Career. He really doesn't like starring in Movies Sequels at all. Because we won't see Jim Carrey ever in Three Stooges Movie Sequels over the fact Character of "Curly Howard" dies at the end. Oh Maybe... They can make 3 part Three Stooges Movie Saga, before Curly Howard dies at the end. Then we will see from there about Jim Carrey repairing his role of Curly Howard.

Wow! Seeing Jim Carrey with the fat for the role of Curly Howard in The Three Stooges Movie. He will be the Brand NEW "John Candy" figure.

They wont make any sequels to this anyways. It's prolly going to be a stand alone film.

grinchy steve wrote:Yes he is.

On the onse side, I think it's great news. On the other side, this news has very mixed comments that sound extreem. Lots of people don't want this to get made and specially not with these names. But also lots of people are exited about this cast ... one things for sure, they all (almost) hope the Farelly Brothers don't screw it up.

Yeah, fans always have mixed comments. Remember when people were upset when Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker? People didn't think Penn was a good match for Harvey Milk either, and who would of thought that Jeff Daniels could be as funny as he was in Dumb and Dumber?

It's a perfect cast for me. Also, you would think it's a great script if Penn and Del Toro want to do this. The Farelly Brothers have had about 10 years to fine tune it.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby cotton » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:03 pm

this story has been going on for years but originally Jim was supposed to play Moe. Sorry I have changed comps since this was posted and so I no longer have a scanned pic of Jim as moe and the story about him playing the part stored or I would have reposted it

http://jimcarreyonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4305&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult
Last edited by cotton on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:04 pm

Am hoping whatever Jim has to eat( :shock: ) to get fat is "HEALTHY"...
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:27 pm

lol....he can wear a fat suit.. :wink: or enjoy stuffing himself with grub....lol......i honestly have no opinion on the 3 Stooges, i've never seen any of their stuff...... :roll:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Next

Return to Upcoming Movies