Jim Carrey Online

Phillip Morris is taken off the market!!

Discuss this movie. Filmed April 29-June 30, 2008
Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby lammy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:23 pm

fluffy wrote:One thing about Jim, he's a risk taker.....rather than playing safe and being pigeon holed, he tries different genres....my guess is they'll edit ILYPM for the big screen and leave the juicy stuff in for the DVD....... :D

:D Exactly and it will be better to watch the extra scence in your home. :lol: :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby chips and dip » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:25 pm

Yeah we'll see what happens... :D
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby 123Dan123 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:45 pm

By Nicola West

For those of you losing sleep over the distribution status of "I Love You Phillip Morris", news came through this week to let you rest more easily.

'Variety' is reporting that the film is currently in distribution talks and has been taken off the open market!

One of the highlights of January's Sundance festival, 'I Love you Philip Morris' premiered to rave reviews, so it was a shock to the industry to learn of its difficulties securing a USA distribution deal.

Produced by EuropaCorp the nine-year-old production and distribution company founded by producer-writer-director Luc Besson and Pierre Ange Le Pogam, "I Love You Phillip Morris" opened to lots of buzz at Sundance, but the dark comedy starring Jim Carrey as a gay con man and Ewan McGregor as his cellmate lover, didn't find a U.S. distributor at the festival.

Nearly two months later, CAA and Endeavor are closing in on a U.S. distribution deal. The $18 million pic was financed through foreign presales.

"Our focus is to make the best possible films that we'd want to watch and give our American partners their money's worth," says Besson.

-----

Awesome, this made my day.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby fluffy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:53 pm

it's a really romantic script and it's a first in that it's not riddled with the cliched gay angst themes.......it's just about love.........regardless of their sex......It deserves a fair crack at the box office......... :)
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:18 pm

Yes a 'LOVE' story that deserves some respect.
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:40 pm

they kinda poke relaxed fun at their sexuality too which makes a change....... :D .........it's just a very natural take on sexuality, hammed up for effect....... :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:18 pm

Okay so is this film supposed to be taken seriously or not? Am getting conffused now.
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:28 pm

it's a black comedy..........the themes are genuine and serious but presented in a very real and endearing way........we'll laugh and cry.....
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby 123Dan123 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:41 pm

I sense that this film will be Oscar material...
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby fluffy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:10 pm

you never know, it might be another Juno................ :wink: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Twigggy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:09 am

I've only been reading about this movie off-and-on the past year or so. It sounds interesting.

I have no idea why mainstream America wouldn't want to see a gay Jim Carrey character. In "Me, Myself & Irene" Hank was definitely gay, or bisexual, or at least trysexual or something & it didn't seem to bother anbody.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby fluffy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:39 am

lol........i thought Hank was a typical predatory heterosexual male........lol....
that's why he conned Irene into sleeping with him when she thought it was Charlie............ :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Twigggy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:26 am

fluffy wrote:lol........i thought Hank was a typical predatory heterosexual male........lol....
that's why he conned Irene into sleeping with him when she thought it was Charlie............ :D

Yeah but remember: he had Irene shove that thing (euphemism; probably shouldn't say the actual word) up his you-know-what. Wait, I take that back. He stuck it up his own you-know-what according to Irene. And of course, there's nothing wrong with it if it's you but, you gotta admit, that's a little...
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby fluffy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:10 pm

lol........you'd be surprised at how many heterosexual men like that........ :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Twigggy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:27 am

fluffy wrote:lol........you'd be surprised at how many heterosexual men like that........ :D

Maybe they're not really hetro. Maybe they're bi. Don't get me wrong; consenting adults can do whatever they want with one another--I don't care. But it doesn't sound appealing to me as a hetrosexual male. Not in the least. Sounds very...gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Previous

Return to (2010) I Love You Phillip Morris