Jim Carrey Online

"Yes Man" DVD/Blu-ray - April 7, 2009

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby fluffy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:45 am

i thought you'd like that........... :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby TNPihl » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:53 pm

And here are the artwork for the two DVD releases of "Yes Man":

Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:02 pm

It's way better, but still not great. I don't get it ... the poster even was among the 10 greatest of the year (chosen by Yahoo Movies) and won 'Funniest of the Year' on different sites. Just use that one then. And the original poster on the motorcycle is way better.

This is just a poor photoshop ... thing. Can I do better? Wouldn't say that, but hell, I'm not getting paid for that job either. Nope, I think it's lazy.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby lammy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:00 am

The original of them two on the bike is way better. :D That doesn't even look like Zoe if you ask me.
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby ChazzleDazzle » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:12 pm

People, please, buy the DVD. Bluray is the devil.
ChazzleDazzle
Finders Keepers

Postby lammy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:54 pm

How is that? Just wondering. :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby ChazzleDazzle » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:58 pm

Because it only makes people more picky about the picture quality on DVD's that are not bad at all. It's a pain in the ass for collectors like me when a new format comes out. I had about 250 VHS tapes, which I had to get rid off and start all over again since they stopped making them. Now I have about 400 DVD's, and I can't bare to get rid of them just to settle into this ridiculous hype that is Bluray.
ChazzleDazzle
Finders Keepers

Postby lammy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:44 am

ChazzleDazzle wrote:Because it only makes people more picky about the picture quality on DVD's that are not bad at all. It's a pain in the ass for collectors like me when a new format comes out. I had about 250 VHS tapes, which I had to get rid off and start all over again since they stopped making them. Now I have about 400 DVD's, and I can't bare to get rid of them just to settle into this ridiculous hype that is Bluray.

Oh,so the picture and sound on a blue ray disk is not better than that of a dvd? :?:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby ChazzleDazzle » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:04 am

lammy wrote:
ChazzleDazzle wrote:Because it only makes people more picky about the picture quality on DVD's that are not bad at all. It's a pain in the ass for collectors like me when a new format comes out. I had about 250 VHS tapes, which I had to get rid off and start all over again since they stopped making them. Now I have about 400 DVD's, and I can't bare to get rid of them just to settle into this ridiculous hype that is Bluray.

Oh,so the picture and sound on a blue ray disk is not better than that of a dvd? :?:

Did I ever say that?
ChazzleDazzle
Finders Keepers

Postby fluffy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:57 pm

i agree Chazzle.....it feels like we are constantly being exploited ......besides, it wont't be long b4 Blue Ray is obsolete in favour of downloads.......
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:07 pm

ChazzleDazzle wrote:
lammy wrote:

Did I ever say that?

Actually I was asking. :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby ChazzleDazzle » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:10 pm

lammy wrote:
ChazzleDazzle wrote:
lammy wrote:

Did I ever say that?

Actually I was asking. :D

Well, that's like asking a blind man if he can see anything :)
ChazzleDazzle
Finders Keepers

Postby lammy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:26 pm

Yeah, no-I wouldn't ask a blind man that. Have you seen a movie in Blue-ray? Is the quality the same as a regular DVD? And I am just asking here. Anyone?
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:44 pm

The quality of Blue-Ray is (in most of the cases) better than DVD. That's a fact. Sound and vision have more quality with BR. However ... if you don't have the right material (I mean, HD-televisionscreen, or sound-system) it won't make any difference. Blue-ray doesn't look more sharp when you watch it on the same regular TV.

I love movies, I collect movies, I see at least 60 movies in the theatre every year. But for me there's no reason to leave DVD and step up to Blue-Ray ... simply because the difference between the two of them is not big enough, imo.

If even moviegoers are not thát convinced to spend so much money on it, why should "regular" people do? The companies see that. So, what are they doing now (it's happening in Europe, don't know about USA), some companies spend less attention on DVD, it's not that sharp, not a lot of extra's, no decent soundsquality ... so people get sick of it and actually buy BR instead. That sucks.

* Sorry for the poor English. ;)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby chips and dip » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:09 pm

Yeah Blu Ray is a lot better. I'm just wanting to get one before they stop making DVD's. To be honest, I don't really care which one (DVD or Blu Ray) that I'm watching.

You can't play a Blu Ray disc on a DVD player. The good thing is you can play DVD's on a Blu Ray player but it just will have the same quality as a DVD.
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

PreviousNext

Return to (2008) Yes Man