Jim Carrey Online

ESOTSM: How did it make you feel?

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby cableclair » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:22 pm

LOL
cableclair
The Number 23

Postby cotton » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:47 pm

Jim pics. are nothing but a blur to me WWWAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!! My other moniter quit on me the other day and so a relative who works with computers gave this one to me and said it should work fine but it doesn't. So he said he will come over and look at it. Words are blurry but if I try hard I can read them but forget about the pics. I can't tell one from another. :cry: This will probably be the day Tommy finds 100 new Jim pics and puts them all on here for one day only. Than I will really be crying.lol
Last edited by cotton on Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby cableclair » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:51 pm

awww that totally sucks cotton! (can you read this though? LOL)
cableclair
The Number 23

Postby cotton » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:54 pm

LOL! Yes thank you.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Riddler » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:09 pm

Obviously Finland is not gettin Lemony Snicket at all.... :cry: :cry:
At least I couldn´t find it from the list. That SUCKS!!!
Riddler
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby Count Olaf » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:03 pm

This movie was awesome I love the fact that they were able to come up with such a unique take on realtionships; actually being able to go through all the moments of their relationship from most recent to earliest. The fact that they finally didn't get back together was a logical solution to the problem because they saw what there relationship became through the tapes, it was a kind of a harsh logic they were forced to face. This movie kept me guessing from start to finish that is why i throughly enjoyed it
Count Olaf
Pink Cadillac

Postby samurai_cable » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:59 am

I really really adored the ending. I also related to Joel quite a bit, not so much with Clem though, because I'm not exactly an out-going type of person, but I still really liked her.

I felt fulfilled; I was soooooo happy that I got to see it in the cinemas. I kept the ticket in my diary :D It's such an intellegent movie. I'm seeing it again tonight :D
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Postby samurai_cable » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:02 am

I forgot to add that the site is awesome Belbee~!! It's soooooo cute :D Thanks so much for sharing~!
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Yesterday I was all blissed out over sunshine

Postby billgbg » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:55 am

I've only seen the film on DVD twice, but spend lots of time chatting about it. The feeling I get is called "sunshined" a blissed-out feeling that follows me everywhere. So far I can't get anyone to see the film. One friend said, (rightly) " I don't go to films that i can't understand". hmmmm.
The film is a force for "good" in the world and has such a powerful message about real love, that it's incredible to me that the film actually exists!
Target in sight! Where the hell is major Kong?
billgbg

I think.....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:13 pm

The film is very thought provoking.....and conversationally invocative.
It helps us look at all our past and current relationships, not just good
ones but bad ones too. :cry:
:P How we viewed things as children, how we view things now. :D
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Eternal Sunshine Again.

Postby Count Olaf » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:25 pm

I wanted to say something about Eternal Sunshine. After having watched it a few times it grows better and better. I think the movie shows how two people are made for each other and no matter what happens they will be together. After Clem and Joel have their minds erased Patrick takes Clem to the ice in Montauk and says that she is nice (Clem said Joel is nice) she immediately gets up and leaves. I think subconsciously she knows of Joel and the deep connection to him, however, her conscious mind does not, but her conscious mind is forced to cope with the problem in the unconscious because it exerts force on the conscious. In the car as well when Joel is driving Clem home in the morning and he says," I had a nice time last night." Clem becomes angry because of same problem asociated with the word "nice". Joel opposite to Patrick says, "I had a f**king amazing time last night!" This repairs things and illustrates how a force is keeping them together and how joel's compatablility to Clem is better than Patrick's. These subconscious forces have been shown here because they prove to keep these two together because they are soulmates.
Count Olaf
Pink Cadillac

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:44 pm

When I saw Eternal Sunshine I though," Holy sh**, Jim made complete crap this time!!"
:evil: :evil:
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Conor » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:40 pm

lemme guess. your one of the people that only likes his funny ones rite?
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:47 pm

All in all yes. But I also like Man on the Moon that is more serious than funny. I actually don't like this "lovemovies" and "The Grinch".
Surely nearly all of his movies are a little bit about love but not only. By the way: Did you recognize that Jim has in nearly every movie a girlfriend and also sex with her? In Dumb and Dumber he only dreams about that but in most of the other films he does it.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Conor » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:59 pm

yes and did you notice actually almost all of his movies have somthing about sex in em.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

PreviousNext

Return to (2004) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind