Jim Carrey Online

Another Yes Man Interview!

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Another Yes Man Interview!

Postby jimliker » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:56 pm

"I like doing everything. I like doing it all. I like being creative, whatever way I have to do it," the 46-year-old says. "I just want to tell stories . . . It's ultimately not the fame I enjoy because it's a pain in the ass, but it's sitting down and writing and thinking about someone in a theatre seat laughing. That what it's about when you do a movie like this."

"Comedies are always welcome, but especially in times like this," Carrey confirms.

"It's not just a funny movie, but I think you believe the love story and the friendships. There's a lot to walk away (with). If there is a message, it's to engage life, say yes maybe a little bit more than no -- or more than you did before -- and life turns out all right. Usually, you regret the things you say no to."

"My social life goes in bursts. When I've got to get out, I'll plan a trip to Baja and hang out with friends for a month, and then they'll never see me for two or three months. I won't answer calls.

"It's the see-saw effect; I need both. I don't think I'll ever have the kind of life or schedule where I can have a steady way of doing things. Sometimes I'll get really busy and just want to hide when I get home. Sometimes I'm not so busy and I want to reach out to friends. But I understand this character, definitely."

"Sea cadets," he says. "When I was 11 years old I joined sea cadets, which is like a military version of boy scouts. They shave your head and humiliate you and parade you around for the rest of people you know in the town, with this uniform on."

"If I hadn't done that I wouldn't know I'm a useless maggot."

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment ... 1-sun.html

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to (2008) Yes Man