Jim Carrey Online

World Premiere January 18, 2009!

Discuss this movie. Filmed April 29-June 30, 2008
Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

World Premiere January 18, 2009!

Postby TNPihl » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:47 pm

The World Premiere of Jim Carrey's upcoming movie "I Love You Phillip Morris" will take place at the The 25th Sundance Film Festival. The film festival runs January 15 - 25, 2009 in Park City, Salt Lake City, Ogden, and Sundance, Utah.

Specific dates and times to be announced. Check back here for updates when the specific day has been announced.

Last edited by TNPihl on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:55 am

At Sundance, huh? That sounds awesome!
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:01 am

classy :wink:

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sianlee » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:34 am

Hey hold on.... premiere? Doesn't that mean they're showing the whole movie?

Is it just me or was the filming over really quick and there hasn't been that much hype towards the movie? I was hoping Jim or Ewan would win an oscar for their role in the film, because it has a lot of potential. But if it's already finished filming and editing, and already showing a premiere, then ... what the hell?
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby 123Dan123 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:21 am

It filmed for quite a long time.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby jimliker » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:59 pm

Carrey, Poehler to turn exhibitionist at Sundance

Jim Carrey will go after the Oz audience as a Texas prisoner who tries to escape to be with his recently released cellmate (Ewan McGregor) in I Love You Philip Morris. (Hope he knows to steer clear of anyone in a fez.)

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... eres_N.htm

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:21 pm

sianlee wrote:I was hoping Jim or Ewan would win an oscar for their role in the film, because it has a lot of potential ...

I've been saying it for ages now, this just ain't the right movie. ;) There's absolutely no way something like this gets nominated. And I highly doubt any of his announced movies (including 'Ripley') is going to be. His only roles that had a chance for an Academy Awards, were in 'Man on the Moon' and 'The Truman Show'. And yes, 'Eternal Sunshine' was there too, but the role for Kate Winslet was just as big as his role, so there was no chance he would get nominated for 'Best Actor'.

I'm glad it's opening at the Sundance Festival, though. For this movie, it sounds like the right place.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:46 pm

i'm just pleased he seems to have his enthusiasm for projects back......whatever makes him happy is good, the Oscar will materialise eventually.....have faith! :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby 123Dan123 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:42 am

I don't really care if he doesn't win an Oscar. They don't mean much to me. I know a good performance when I see one, I don't need the Oscars telling me what the best performance is.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby jimliker » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:24 pm

Carrey and McGregor to headline Sundance

http://www.thestar.com/article/548655

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:40 pm

123Dan123 wrote:I don't really care if he doesn't win an Oscar. They don't mean much to me. I know a good performance when I see one, I don't need the Oscars telling me what the best performance is.

True. But it will would be nice if the recognize his talent one day.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby TNPihl » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:02 am

Interesting news about Jim Carrey's upcoming movie "I Love You Phillip Morris". The calendar for the 10 days of Sundance Film Festival, January 16 - 25, 2009 has been announced. And especially the third day is interesting for us. "I Love You Phillip Morris" premieres January 18, 2009 at the Eccles Theatre. The movie has a total running time of 100 minutes.

Check also this new movie still:

Description:
With alacrity and style, Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, the codirectors of I Love You Phillip Morris, have fashioned an improbable, but true, tale of a spectacularly charismatic and resourceful con-man’s journey from small-town cop to flamboyant white-collar criminal. Concocted by the absurdist sensibilities and warped minds that were behind the creation of Bad Santa and centered around an eccentrically wonderful performance by Jim Carrey, the film relates a story that is truly stranger than fiction and showcases a love story that will not be denied. When a local Texas policeman, Steve Russell (Carrey), turns to cons and fraud to allow him to change his lifestyle (in more ways than one), his subsequent stay in the state penitentiary results in his meeting the love of his life, a sensitive fellow inmate named Phillip Morris, perfectly portrayed by Ewan McGregor. What ensues can only be described as a relentless quest as Russell attempts escape after escape and executes con after con, all in the name of love. This is the world of the preposterous: it plays like a farce but is vastly entertaining because it turns all that we take for granted about life on its head. As a primer on the irresistible power of a man who is either insane or in love (is there a difference?), I Love You Phillip Morris surely serves to remind us of the resilience of the human spirit.

Screenings:
Sunday January 18 9:30 p.m. - Eccles Theatre, Park City
Monday January 19 9:15 a.m. - Eccles Theatre, Park City
Tuesday January 20 9:00 p.m. - Tower Theatre, SLC
Saturday Janunary 24 6:00 p.m. - Screening Room, Sundance Resort
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:13 am

awe bless..........they've made contact.........they look sweet together......Ewan is the dominant partner though..... :wink: ...he's the kisser....lol...

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:29 am

:D That's a sweet kiss. :D Wish it was me on the recieving end. :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby chips and dip » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:17 am

grinchy steve wrote:
123Dan123 wrote:I don't really care if he doesn't win an Oscar. They don't mean much to me. I know a good performance when I see one, I don't need the Oscars telling me what the best performance is.

True. But it will would be nice if the recognize his talent one day.

I agree.
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Next

Return to (2010) I Love You Phillip Morris