Jim Carrey Online

Carrey on the cover of 'Lifestyle'

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Carrey on the cover of 'Lifestyle'

Postby TNPihl » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:31 pm

Jim Carrey is on the cover of the newest issue of the Swedish luxury Lifestyle Magazine. Inside the magazine is a great interview with many photos. It is sold in newsstands in stores and can also be found in airport lounges and hotel-suites in Sweden.

What do you when you're having a really bad day? That's right!, pick out a movie with the Hollywood star Jim Carrey. He can, in an almost magical way, get you to smile widely. Unfortunately Jim Carrey couldn't use the same magic on himself when he was down. Here he tells us how he used strong medicine for a while himself, but also how he met someone who helped him see other ways out of the depression.

The Road Back

Jim, we haven't seen you for a while, how are you?

- It is wonderful. Right now everything is just so much fun. I am very pleased with my life. I am still childishly fond of my job, and I really value that.

So then you don't belong to the type of comedians who walks home at night filled with anxiety?

-You know, we all have a certain amount of darkness in our lives, and I'm not one of the exceptions. Eventhough I have a diffrent perspective today than I used to. I've grown as a person, both on a personal level, but also a spiritual level the last few years.

Is congratulations in order; there's rumours about an upcoming wedding?

- No, no. No wedding. I'm married in many diffrent ways. I don't understand why a ceremony is required to tell someone that you love that person. It is totally ok if others do it, but for me it isn't necessary.

I think it's better not to get married.

- Well, that's easy for you to say. I can't do it. If I said something like that the whole wedding industry would be on me. The diamond industry would also go totally crazy. I think weddings are great, everybody should do it, but after two times you oughta stop! (Laughs).

Your girlfriend, Jenny McGarthy has a 6 year old son. Is it diffrent to embrace the role of a father the second time? (Jim Carrey has a 20 year old daughter from a previous relationship).

- Yes, I can appreciate it more now. The first time is a test for everyone. It is really so much fun. It is wonderful. You discover the planet and the world again.

You seem to have found the fountain of youth. What's your secret?

-I'm quite healthy overall. People don't understand how important food really is. That what you put in your mouth affects your emotional life.

What do you eat, and what do you stay away from?

- Generally, no wheat or dairy products. Most of the times. Every now and then I do indulge in a pizza. But I do believe that the best fuel for us humans are protein and pizza. It makes you feel great.

Is it true that you get help with your life by some sort of guru?

-I've met an acupuncturer. His name is Doctor Mau. He says that people would feel a lot better if they stop viewing food as entertainment. I agree with that. Even Ghandi sait that you can't experience happiness if you don't control your taste buds.

Where you unhealthy before?

-No, but I was suffering from depression before. And I tried to deal with it with Prozac. It was alright for a while. But Prozac couldn't heal me. It didn't help me to get to the bottom of my anger and frustration. Whatever that was.

Have you stopped taking Prozac now?

-Yes, I have. I realized that it's important to feel the emotions that you have. We must let it out to get to the bottom of things. An incredibly important thing in our society today is that it's ok to show your emotions. It is ok to say to your child; ”Daddy is gonna cry now!. - We need to let things out.

Do you think you get sick if you hold back your emotions?

-Yes, I think for an example that cancer are feelings trying to get out. That is my hypothesis. It uses nicotin or whatever toxic there is in the air.

So we are all in need of a soundproof room for primal screams at home?

- I think it's healthy to become angry on whoever it is you feel anger towards. It is possible. Wonderful fantasies, that you don't act out on. You have to express yourself first.

Are you, just like Tom Cruise, critical against using medicine?

- You know, we have problems with chemical substances in our society today. Everything is treated with a drug/medicine. Which purpose isn't to make us well.

How did you get over your depression?

- I take supplements. A whole new approach towards curing depression. One day I will talk and write about it, I think a comedian is the best suited for taking up these kinds of questions. I know how you get yourself out of a depression.

Well then, give us the answer...

-There is a new treatment that isn't offered to people. Like I previously said, it is the nutritional supplements that I take which is the answer. I take hydroxytryptophane and tyrosin, substances that is supposed to be in the brain, but who most people have too little of. You can actually create dopamin and serotonin.

So the supplements are helping?

-Yes, they are. But you need a little mental training too. You have to be able to get out of bed every day and say that life feels good. That is what I did, eventhough life has been very tough for me at times.

So you're saying that no one should take Prozac?

-Well, I can talk about it. The last time I tried Prozac I didn't feel well. The thing that's weird is that when I talk to people about the cure to depression, and I mention supplements there is no one who knows they excist.

There we leave Jim Carrey for this time, in secure assurance that he has more than fantastic movies to offer as a cure for a bad day.

Carrey IN SHORT

Full Name:
James Eugene Carrey

Born:
17th of January 1962, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

Jim's History:
Youngest of a family of brothers and sisters of four. Already as a kid he was an extreme entertainer who dedicated every day to jokes and performances. When Jim Carrey went to junior high he was aloud to perform in a stand up show at the end of the school day, assuming that he would keep camn the rest of the time in school.
The idyllic youth in the little town Newmarket, Canada, changed character when the family was forced to move. Scarborouh (suburb to Toronto) was Jim's new home. Jim worked 8 hours shift in a factory every day after school. Jim took every chance he got to perform and 1979 he moved to Los Angeles. There he got the cance to perform on the well received ”The Comedy Store”.

During this time Jim married Melissa Womer, who became the mother of his daughter, Jane.
After a tough divorce, Jim remarries with the actress Lauren Holly.
The marriage was brief.
Carrey looked around after acting gigs, and got a part in the newly started situation comedy called ”The Duck Factory”.The show was cancelled almost immidietly and Jim started to look for new jobs. Small parts in movies like ”Peggy Sue Got Married” and ”Earth Girls Are Easy” helped him get attention from Kevin Ivory who gave him a job in his comedy show ”In Living Colour”.
1994 became the year when Jim Carrey makes his definite international breakthrough with the movie ”Ace Ventura – The Pet Detective”. The next role as the manic superhero in ”The Mask” gave him further recognition.
”Dumb and dumber” brought Carrey's first multi-million check.
1995 was the year Carrey played ”The Riddler” in ”Batman Forever” and thereby he replaced Robin Williams. The same year the sequal to ”Ace Ventura” was recorded.
After ”Liar, Liar” (1997) Carrey took a pause from comedy and recorded ”The Truman Show” instead. The movie showed Carrey's width and gave him a Golden Globe. A further challenge was the role as Andy Kaufman in the movie ”Man On The Moon”. Also this role showed his width in acting and yet another Golden Globe came to the collection. More than one eye brow has been raised as a result that none of Carrey's performances has led to an Oscar nomination. Carrey's unmistakable talent has resulted in many movies after this, and sooner or later he will stand there with an Oscar in his hand.

With big thanks to cable girl for translation and scans of the magazine.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby Rosita » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:05 pm

Thanks Tommy!
it's a really good interview one never imagines Jim in this way...
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby cable girl » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:56 pm

Here is the scans of the article as well for you all to enjoy too! ;)

~ "Compassion is the currency that leads to true wealth"~ / Jim Carrey
cable girl
Burt Wonderstone

Postby Analia » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:12 am

He looks so handsome in the cover of the magazine. :oops:

Cable girl, thanks for the scans. The pics are awesome. :wink:
Analia
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby jimliker » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:03 pm

cool interview!!!!!!!!! tks Ann & Tommy :)

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimlover » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:54 pm

Thanks a lot Ann and Tommy. :D
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Rosita » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:27 pm

Yeah thanks a lot, he looks really handsome in every pic and it is a really nice and deep interview, I really enjoy it and it gives me a new idea about Jim
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby fluffy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:06 am

i love those rings....................lol......

fluffy :D
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cable girl » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:39 pm

fluffy wrote:i love those rings....................lol......

:lol:

You're all most welcome for me scanning the coverfeature & translating the interview- whenever Jim pops up on another Swedish coverfeature you can be sure you'll hear it from me here on the board! :D (With the help of Tommy of course! ;) ).
~ "Compassion is the currency that leads to true wealth"~ / Jim Carrey
cable girl
Burt Wonderstone

Postby CarreyGirl » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:19 pm

Is congratulations in order; there's rumours about an upcoming wedding?

- No, no. No wedding.

C'mon yeeah! :lol: but he's not Yes Man? :lol:
Thank you Ann and Tommy! :wink: 8)
I'm Dumb and I'm proud! :_D
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby chip » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:21 am

YES, WE CAN! Great interview! I have to investigate about those things he have that help the brain..! He never talked about that till now!

But YES! He´s the man!!!

VoteForChange, people, the world need it :wink:
YEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!! :D
chip
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby lammy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:25 pm

fluffy wrote:i love those rings....................lol......

fluffy :D

Which one would you choose? :lol: :D
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:00 am

hmmm.............i like the jigsaw ring at the bottom........it reminds me of a face with a big nose.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

fluffy :lol:
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Rosita » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:01 am

Flufy, I also love those rings hahahahahahahahaha
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Return to Stop The Press!