Jim Carrey Online

Autism rally 4/6/08

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Autism rally 4/6/08

Postby fluffy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:52 pm

It's no secret that Jim and Jenny McCarthy now live together, nor is it a secret that Jenny is an ardent spokeswoman for families and children touched by autism, prompted by the discovery that her own son Evan Asher was diagnosed at 2. What might come as a surprise however, is Jim's involvement in the fight to find the cause and cure for the condition.
Described by Jenny as 'an Autism Whisperer' because of his skills with Evan, Jim has openly spoken of his fondness for her son and has helped him overcome, not only his fear of water but also his fear of dogs and thunderstorms according to press reports.
A highly misunderstood and complex brain development disorder, autism impairs social interaction and communication, and causes restricted and repetitive behavior. Causes are unknown but it is recognised that autism is highly heritable, although it is unclear which genes are responsible.
Most recent figures estimate 1:100 children under the age of 5 now display behaviour within the autistic spectrum, whilst a phenomenal 1:58 is the UK figure, with mostly boys affected.

So why these shocking figures? Considering the rates in 1983 were estimated at 1/10th of todays figures?
In Evan's case his his autism was diagnosed after a particulary harrowing series of events. Jenny notes in her book 'louder than Words', the trigger seems to have been Evan's vaccinations and frustrated with the advice given by the conventional medical community, Jenny was prompted to seek alternative treatments.
At this point Evan was seizing regulary, had lost all language and eye contact and was trapped in his own world. By seeking out a 'Defeat Autism Now' doctor who helped Jenny implement a casein and gluten free diet and a programme to removed heavy metals and yeast from Evans system, Jenny noted an almost instantaneous improvement in Evans speech and behaviour.
Coupled with speech and behavioural therapies, Evan's huge improvement has been noted by his doctors and Jenny is convinced the causes of Evans autism were influenced strongly by the toxins and heavy metal preservatives found in todays vaccines, which have increased from 10 shots in 1983 to 36 in 2007.

Convinced the government needs to address the vaccine issue, Jenny has been doing the rounds of talk shows promoting the rights of parents to control their child vaccine schedule, the clean-up of vaccines and the Biomedical therapies which worked for Evan.
Joining her in the cause, Jim put his name to a full page advert which appeared several weeks ago on behalf of Generation Rescue.
An organisation dedicated to cleaning up vaccines and promoting the cause the advert listed the differences in vaccination schedules over the years.
http://www.generationrescue.org/testimonials.php

Coinciding with the start of 'world Autism Awareness Month' last week Jenny and Jim co-wrote a piece for CNN-

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/04/02/mccarthy.autsimtreatment/index.html

Clearly passionate about the cause, Jenny has announced she, along with Jim will be heading a mass demonstration in Washington DC on June 4th. Calling on congress to re-examine their approach to vaccination schedules and the toxins and preservatives used thousands are expected to attend.

Full details are here at the TACA website and if you want to be there, remember you need to sign up first.

http://talkaboutcuringautism.org/jenny/dc-rally/green-our-vaccines-rally.htm

From a personal perspective i'll be watching on with interest as a professional working with children in the autistic spectrum in the UK. Whatever the outcome of the rally and the ensuing debate, there is no doubt that this is a topic which inspires passionate discussion and we will continue to report on any developments.

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby jimliker » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:05 pm

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:52 pm

www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:39 pm

I see the emphasis has changed away from Autism towards all vaccine induced disorders......THAT'S FANTASTIC! The tetanus vaccination is a REALLY nasty one and that happens to everyone throughout their lives...it's gotta be cleaned up........it's killing people in the most devastatingly insidious ways possible..........neurological disorders account for the fastest growing group of conditions and they are amongst the least understood....

ALL VACCINES NEED TO BE CLEANED UP!

FLUFFY
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby jimliker » Fri May 02, 2008 2:18 pm

Major celebrities, in particular Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey, are planning advocacy events in the next few months.

http://autism.about.com/b/2008/05/01/th ... future.htm

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Just read in the paper where it says...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:23 pm

from Associated Press..
Mom fights church ban on autistic son

I do believe some churches need to reassess needs for people with
additional challenges, how would Jim handle this one?
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:00 pm

That's a really awkward case.......the lad in question is adult sized, piddled on old ladies in church, hit folk, groped young girls and was very loud. The church offered have a separate service for the family who refused, so the church banned their son........I can see it from both sides....the family have every right to practice their faith and you'd think the church would be sympathetic....But the church felt he was scaring members of the congregation.......... :(
Perhaps if the church had a specific service aimed at families who need extra support and understanding.....? Then if folk get noisy and boistrous they'll be amongst non-judgemental friends.........?? It's not just autistic individuals who would benefit..........

fluffy
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:11 pm

Well good for them . I think Jim should research the planet ... seems like he is interested in the planet - :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

I think we should all take some kind of responsibility...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:23 pm

for this whole planet, since we live on it and we and it
are vital for existance, can't have one without the other.
Life sustains life. Even if we all do a little bit.
They should write a song:

"Every little bit helps"
"Even if its only a little bit"
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:44 pm

This weekend i saw heaps of red deer... a weasel with a mouse in it's mouth...an Osprey...a red squirrel ..and hundreds of rabbits.....gee i LOVE nature....... :D

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:31 pm

:oops: Every little bit counts and helps .
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Agreed

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:02 am

I've seen some different animals I've never seen before..
the maggpie, the prairie dog, a bird that that has blue whispy feathers from it's head. It is beautiful to see such variety. The Creator truly is the Master of
masterpieces.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:01 pm

you are soooo lucky to have critters there.......so whadya think about the no animals in heaven debate??? I can't imagine a place without our furry/feathered/scaly etc pals..... :D

fluffy :wink: .
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Of course there are animals there...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:10 pm

Heaven is just like here,only better, no rotten apples, no disease, maybe all the birds are potty trained and willl never pittle on you.
Maybe we can transport similar to Star trek only faster, maybe we can be somewhere else in seconds, maybe we can assimilate our own bodies to any form. Maybe there everyone can communicate with animals. Do you ever see a dog sigh? What do we feel when we sigh? Bored, left out, sad??
Maybe they feel the same.

Maybe as angels we get to help those who are still on the earth, try and whisper in their ear what to do and it's up to us if we are spiritually tuned in. I think heaven is definitly similar but really a whole new world, something that would be hard to imagine, it would be everything at it's best.
Do we still have challenges there, I think so, but only different, challanges that still keep us learning but achievable. But really if we really try anything is pretty well achievable her also.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Good luck for the rally ..........

Postby fluffy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:12 pm

All the best for the rally in DC tommorrow for any JCO folk who are going.....stay safe, be heard and wear comfy shoes!...... :wink:

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Next

Return to Stop The Press!