Jim Carrey Online

Which of the new movies coming up will be the most ..

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Which of the new movies coming up will be the most ..

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:49 am

Successfull???
What is your prediction?
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:18 am

I guess Yes Man would be a HUGE hit during the summer, but now it's up against the great christmas-releases. It's still going to be huge, but a little less. (+ in most of Europe it's coming out early 2009)

I don't know what the second best hit will be ...

I wonder if A Christmas Carol will have a huge audience. Okay, it's a big animation release, but to be honest ... how many times have they filmed this tired story already? I think they will have to do a realy great job on every level to convince the most of the people, not? Ofcourse there's the important names in the cast. ;) So I guess it will do just fine, but not huge.

As for I Heart You, Philip Morris ... I don't know. In Europe by example the movie will be released one month after 'Yes Man', that will automaticly split a part of the people that want to see a comedy. Also, I doubt if this gay-issue is going to score realy, realy big. It will all depend on how strong and what kind the humor is and how good the trailers and stuff will sell it. If this film didn't have Jim Carrey, who is still a lot more succesfull then all those others new comedians overhere, I think it wouldn't be a solid hit. But we have Jim Carrey, so ... that could change everything.

My guess,

1. Yes Man (huge)
2. A Christmas Carol (fine)
3. I Love You, Philip Morris (Okay)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby indy-jones » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:12 pm

As a die-hard Jim Carrey fan myself, I'm up for any movie Jim is in!
"Snakes! Why it had to be snakes?"
-Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
indy-jones
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

Postby sianlee » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:40 am

If you mean sucsessful as like Ace Ventura, or Bruce Almighty...

Then none.

I believe they're going to be the movies that people have heard about but didn't go and see at the movies, and they finally notice it in the video store where theres a few copies on the shelf and just decide to rent it.

That's just my opinion. I'm sorry but i'm just a little down that there have been no smash movies with Jim anymore. A lot of people around here, when I say the word Jim Carrey, they're like "Oh.. I remember him yeah, he was awesome in these old movies". I want Jim to star in a movie like the Davinci Code, or a Harry Potter movie.... one of those movies that are just..... written extremly well, and are well detaild. I would love to see him in the movie "Angels and Demons" the prequel to the Davinici code.

My point. I want Jim to win an Acadamy Award... I want him to be recognsed again by the people of the world.
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby fluffy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:59 am

Yes man will do well, Xmas Carol will rock the box office like Horton and Philip Morris will get critical acclaim and it'll do well in Europe. :D

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby TNPihl » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:03 pm

Jim Carrey has had 3 huge successes in the 2000s so far. They grossed more than 1 billion total. I will say that "The Mask" is Jim's most successful movie ever.

I think "A Christmas Carol" will be a huge success worldwide. We haven't seen the art style, but it will be something like "Beowulf" and "Polar Express". There should be a good chance that it can gross between $300-400 million worldwide.

"Yes Man" is up against the comedy "Marley and Me" (Jennifer Aniston/Owen Wilson), the family movie "Bedtime Stories" (Adam Sandler), the action movie "The Spirit" (Samuel L. Jackson), the drama movies "Revolutionary Road" (Kate Winslet/Leonardo DiCaprio) and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Brad Pitt/Cate Blanchett) and the animation "The Tale of Despereaux".
It will be very interesting to see how this goes. I think it will do good. But lets hope they soon begins to promote it. We need the first trailer this Summer. My prediction is $200-300 million worldwide.

Still very early to say something about "I Love You Philip Morris". Great that they made a poster for the Cannes Festival. Between $150-250 million worldwide is good.

A possible "Horton Hatches the Egg" will be a huge success. $350-450 million worldwide.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

I think Yes man will surpass it's competition because....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:17 pm

1) It has a positive titile

2) Sounds light hearted (after work most people just want to be entertained)

3) Jim is usually good in whatever he does, no risk factor, he makes it good.

4) Hopefully kids can see this, generally an
underlying message, possible family movie (like Majestic/more modern)

5) People feel they get value for their $.

But it will be very close with Scrooge, very close.
Still thinking about "I love you. PM"
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:05 pm

Yes Man will be competing with Benjamin Button.......so it's the clash of the Titans.......lol.......Brad V's Jim..... :D

fluffy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

If Benjamin Button is a comedy(unless Jim is involved in

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:20 pm

any advice on comedy in the movie)
Yes man will be the one who sings..

There was two in the bed and the little one said roll over and
Brad falls out of the bed,
leaving Jim with a great big bowl of icecream( or frozen yogurt, not sure which he likes best) or sherbert.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:49 pm

OMG.........Brad and Jim in bed with a bowl of ice-cream..... :shock: just add me and there's a dream and a half.... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sianlee » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:44 am

I agree with tommys post. Jim has had 3 big films this year... am I correct to say they are a series of unfortunate events, bruce almighty and horton hears a who?

Yes Man, even though it sounds like a great movie, I don't think it will do that well. As in.. yeah it's not gonna be a smash. You wont be able to say to people "hey you remember that movie yes man???" like you can do with say "bruce almighty" now.

I think the top movie out of all of them will probebly be the xmas one because yes, they are in cg, and its an xmas film.... AND it will be good for the kids. Sounds like a smash if you ask me.

All the others.. well.. Yeah on par with yes man. They will average to be pretty average I think. I'm just thinking of what other people may think, i'm sure i'll love the movies, as I have with all of Jim's ones. :D
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Return to Upcoming Movies