Jim Carrey Online

"Ace Ventura Jr." - Status: On DVD in March

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Postby Conor » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:21 pm

this movie is really gonna suck. Jim is the reason the first 2 were good.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby gothichyppie » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:21 pm

Jim must be returning in his grave for the third time.......no wait! :?
---[...]------
gothichyppie
Burt Wonderstone

Postby alisonsarah » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:42 am

I'm looking forward to Ace Ventura 3 because the other 2 were great I loved the first and second ace ventra movies they were excellent the second one was funny.

actually all of his movies are funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A.S.C

alisonsarah
High Strung

Postby Glenn-Mask » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:39 pm

alisonsarah wrote:I'm looking forward to Ace Ventura 3 because the other 2 were great I loved the first and second ace ventra movies they were excellent the second one was funny.

actually all of his movies are funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you looking forward to the fact a kid is playing Ace? What do you think people have been ranting on about the past few years?

Heres my opinion:

I agree that Jim Carrey IS Ace Ventura and that is that but if there has to be a movie with Ace's son (which now there obviously is) then Josh Flitter would be the perfect choice.
Even Carrey himself said Josh would grow up to be just like him, and i bet he doesnt say that to many people. I dont care what anybody says, Josh Flitter IS funny for his age. And i think he could create a unique character with his talents, so until we see anything from this movie i am waiting to be corrected.

None of you can prove Josh will/will not do a good job until we actually see something.

Although i still think this movie will suck simply because the actors and writers (not including Josh) are all nobodies.
Glenn-Mask
Peggy Sue Got Married

Re:

Postby Twigggy » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:47 pm

Well, there's an overwhelming amount of negative posts on IMDB and here and virtually everybody is opposed to the idea of an "Ace 3" without Jim Carrey so I doubt this movie will be even vaguely successful. Actually, I didn't even have to look at its IMDB page to know this crap is going to be a travesty. I'm not spending my money on this garbage and I suggest everybody else here that doesn't like to see the spirt of their favorite Jim Carrey movies be ran through the crapper do the same. If you must see it, pay for something else then sneak in. I won't be seeing it under any circumstances.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby sianlee » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:11 pm

Note to everyone:

How did Son of the Mask go? How did Evan Almighty go? How did dumb and dumberer go?

Not so great, you'd find alot of people don't like them at all (maybe evan almighty was a somewhat good to some people) but most people loved the originals..... it's like they're trying to say that they can do a better job than Jim and create re-runs, and what do ya know... they all flopped. Ace Ventura three will follow the trend. Then theres something about the Cable Guy sequl. And no doubt they'll probebly made a Truamn shw sequal and The majestic sequl.. and Eternal Sunshine sequl. God people make me sick
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby sprousefan23 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:11 am

Hey, I loved Evan Almighty! This is why we never compare any sequel to the original, unless it's part of a trilogy.

I just hope they make it halfway interesting, I don't want to see Waiting For Godot in Ace Ventura form.
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Twigggy » Mon May 19, 2008 6:46 am

Who told me on here awhile ago that this kid--the one who's playing Ace Jr--isn't fat anymore. I want to know because I just saw a picture of him as young Ace and he looks overwhelmingly fat.

I mean, this movie's going to suck either way, but why not get a kid that at least vaguely resembles Jim Carrey? At least with that trainwreck "Dumb and Dumberer" the kids LOOKED LIKE Jim and Jeff...that's the only thing the filmmakers got right with that terrible, terrible movie. But with "Ace Ventura Jr." nothing looks right. This movie will be a disgrace to all humanity. I urge everybody here not to see it, so it won't make a lot of money and maybe these stupid bastards in Hollywood will learn that they can't sell-out good movies like "Ace Ventura," "The Mask," "Dumb and Dumber," etc....
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby TNPihl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:31 pm

Here is the picture of Ace Ventura Jr.:

Plot Summary:
Allrighty-then. After his African adventure in "Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls," Ace returned to Florida, married girlfriend Melissa (Ann Cusack) and became the doting father of a baby boy. Never one to sit still, Ace's curious nature took him on another remote case. The goofball gumshoe was never to be seen or heard from again.

Single mom Melissa couldn't fully put the past behind her. Now a zookeeper, she and Ace Jr. (Flitter) have made a life carrying on without her husband. Much to Melissa's chagrin, however, 12-year-old Ace Jr. has begun to follow in his father's comic footsteps. He has recently become a pet detective for the 7th grade set, often trying to recover classmates' missing pets, and always with big mishaps.

But when a master animal thief abducts a baby panda and his mom is wrongly arrested of the crime, Ace Jr. must jump into action. Now, with the help of pals Laura and tech wizard A-Plus, young Ace must bring the thief to justice and do his inane and lovable dad's memory justice.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Wow....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:09 pm

Sounds very interesting..
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby TNPihl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:21 pm

Found a new poster:

It will be released September 2008. :roll:
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby CarreyGirl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:37 pm

TNPihl wrote:Found a new poster:

It will be released September 2008. :roll:

:roll: ...wow...... :roll: :?
I'm Dumb and I'm proud! :_D
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby Twigggy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:44 pm

Good god! That kid's practically obese. And I'm not trying to be offensive here or anything. Merely pointing out that couldn't they have gotten a kid who actually resembled Jim Carrey/the character of Ace Ventura a little better? God. That kid would be better as Chris Farley or John Candy Jr. He's in desperate need of Jenny Craig. Looks nothing like Ace.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby Glenn-Mask » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:45 pm

Yeah i agree that it looks very childish but according to the music producer of Ace Jr. it was meant to be created for kids. But...why?

Anyhow, i hope they release a trailer soon so i can judge this for myself, it's been in the can for months and they decide to release it September?Again...why?
Glenn-Mask
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby Bizarroworld » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:10 am

I'm really skeptical about this after recent attempts. Dumb and Dumberer wasn't half bad, too bad it had to live up to such a classic. I wish movies makers in todays world weren't so wrapped up in the money aspect. Remakes and sequels will never live up to the childhood classics of the 80s and 90s film era. Bastards. :P
Bizarroworld

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Movies