Jim Carrey Online

Expect the Trailer this Summer

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Expect the Trailer this Summer

Postby 123Dan123 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:25 am

I expect the Trailer to launch sometime this summer. The smart choice would be to set it up before the Step Brothers movie. But there are a lot of other pretty big comedies coming out this summer.

If they decide not to release it this summer in front of a big comedy than that'll be a poor marketing strategy.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby grinchy steve » Fri May 23, 2008 12:45 pm

I think the biggest comedy-hit this year will be Tropic Thunder, starring (non-talent) Ben Stiller, (badass) Jack Black and (overtalented) Robert Downey Jr. Would be good if it's attached to that.

On the other hand, I think "Yes Man" is a concept that is as strong as "Liar Liar" or "Bruce Almighty" was. This is something everyone will see. I wouldn't matter where the trailer is attached to.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby 123Dan123 » Fri May 23, 2008 6:50 pm

Ahh yes, I overlooked Tropic Thunder.

Still, it'd be best to attach it to a big title comedy so that the casuals can know about it early. But, I don't care as long as I get to see it one way or another this summer :P
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

When is summer???

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:34 am

Hasn't it started already?
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:21 pm

Give me some 'Yes Man' news ... NOOOOOOW! :shock:

My god, it's slow!
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Summer officially comes in...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:22 pm

a week or so, I'll be glad to get in an outdoor pool then.
Sure miss swimming.
I welcome the warm beautiful weather.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:20 am

TNPihl wrote:
"Yes Man" is up against the comedy "Marley and Me" (Jennifer Aniston/Owen Wilson), the family movie "Bedtime Stories" (Adam Sandler), the action movie "The Spirit" (Samuel L. Jackson), the drama movies "Revolutionary Road" (Kate Winslet/Leonardo DiCaprio) and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Brad Pitt/Cate Blanchett) and the animation "The Tale of Despereaux".
It will be very interesting to see how this goes. I think it will do good. But lets hope they soon begins to promote it. We need the first trailer this Summer.

I couldn't agree more on the last part. Let's see ...

Marley & Me : Has a lot of pictures released and a first trailer.
The Spirit : Has different posters since a long time and a teaser.
Revolutionary Road : Has some pictures out there and Sam Mendes said the promotion will start soon.
Curious Case of Benjamin Button : Has a (magnificent) teasertrailer.
The Tale of Despereaux : I expect a first moving look soon, artwork and first images are out there.

C'mon 'Yes Man!'
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

I would rather wait and see a really good trailer...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:14 pm

than have one that's just thrown together.. remember it will be the
first impression that will grab the audience, to inspire them to go see it.
Patience IS a virtue.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby 123Dan123 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:59 am

grinchy steve wrote:
TNPihl wrote:
"Yes Man" is up against the comedy "Marley and Me" (Jennifer Aniston/Owen Wilson), the family movie "Bedtime Stories" (Adam Sandler), the action movie "The Spirit" (Samuel L. Jackson), the drama movies "Revolutionary Road" (Kate Winslet/Leonardo DiCaprio) and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Brad Pitt/Cate Blanchett) and the animation "The Tale of Despereaux".
It will be very interesting to see how this goes. I think it will do good. But lets hope they soon begins to promote it. We need the first trailer this Summer.

I couldn't agree more on the last part. Let's see ...

Marley & Me : Has a lot of pictures released and a first trailer.
The Spirit : Has different posters since a long time and a teaser.
Revolutionary Road : Has some pictures out there and Sam Mendes said the promotion will start soon.
Curious Case of Benjamin Button : Has a (magnificent) teasertrailer.
The Tale of Despereaux : I expect a first moving look soon, artwork and first images are out there.

C'mon 'Yes Man!'

Wow, if it's released with those it wont do that good. Hopefully they push it back a week or so.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:36 pm

This week it's the "Cinema Expo" in Amsterdam (Holland). It's one of the biggest movie-conventions in Europe, where the studios present their upcoming movies with lots of new posters and stars coming by.

I remembered last year they had a poster for Horton already in June overthere! ( http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1017/649 ... 655983.jpg ) So, I was hoping we would see some Yes Man stuf ... nothing. :( Nothing at all.

But they DO have posters for things that are coming at us in 2009 people! I think it's time for 'Yes Man' to release something, even if it was nothing else then only one teaser-poster. Even on different forums, people start to wonder why there isn't nothing yet.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:08 pm

it's being done on a very small budget but Danny has started talking about it in interviews so that's a start...... :D

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Okay, now I've seen the trailers for 'Marley & Me' (has no chance), 'The Spirit' (interesting for people who digged Sin City), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (Boy oh boy, that's one hell of a teaser!) ánd the first (marvelous) trailer for 'The Tale of Despereaux' (which I think is going to be a solid hit). 'Revolutionary Road' is most likely going to be Oscar-material and the trailer will appear soon.

It's going to be a VERY interesting struggle to get the first place ... What will 'Yes Man' do? Start to promote the damn thing in some way! Damn.

Okay, okay, I swear it's the last time I'll complain about it. :wink:
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby 123Dan123 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:25 pm

The week before Yes Man's release is The Day the Earth Stood Still, which looks like they're aiming to please audiences with a high concept and special effects.

Keanu Reeves and Jennifer Connelly star in it.

It's looking worse and worse for Yes Man. Most the movies, if not all have trailers except Yes Man.

But as long as the movie is good, then I can care less about Box Office numbers.
Last edited by 123Dan123 on Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby fluffy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:29 pm

it's gonna be HUGE in Britain........... :wink: Jim has something to prove here.......... :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby 123Dan123 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:50 pm

fluffy wrote:it's gonna be HUGE in Britain........... :wink: Jim has something to prove here.......... :wink:

fluffy :lol:

It might not be, because they americanized it.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Next

Return to (2008) Yes Man