Jim Carrey Online

Horton Hears a Who! (Review when you see it)

Discuss this animation. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Horton Hears a Who! (Review when you see it)

Postby TNPihl » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:12 pm

Its time to open the review thread.

So post your review and comments in this thread. :D
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby 123Dan123 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:26 am

Just seen it. It's a wonderful children's movie, which I enjoyed too. Graphics were fantastic and I loved Horton and the Mayor of who ville. It had its lame moments though.

8/10
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby chip » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:17 am

I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It´s so creative, original, funny and emotional that you have never seen anything like that in that terms together!!!!!! oscar for best animated movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The greatness of Carrey who I think support with great ideas and carrell and the animators are wondefull!!!! every gag is impresive and creative and welldone to the end!!! and what an end!!! touchfull!!!!!

Go and see it yourself, best animated movie, and best movie of the year yet.
Thank you for your minds and art, guys, I enjoyed this movie as any movie before in years!! Long life to cinema and creative minds!!

Congratulations to everyone who have worked in Horton and, go people go to the cinema and feel this VERY sane experience!!!!!!! ;)
YEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!! :D
chip
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby 123Dan123 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:08 pm

I'm going to have to watch it a second time before I give my real opinion. Because I didn't seem to like it as much as some people. Maybe I'll like it more the second time.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Horton Rules!

Postby JimCarreyschick » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:13 am

Hi everyone,

I went to go see Horton Hears A Who today with some friends and it was awsome! and very funny I'm going again on the 29th to watch it again I love this movie!

Jen :)
JimCarreyschick
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby woweeee » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Wow!!! I saw this movie with my best friend! It was an amazing movie. It was so cute and funny. At one point I also cryed. I wish I could see it again with my other friends...but I am broke. Maybe I will see it in like 3 more weeks again. I had seen the first showing in the evening, and i wore my horton shirt!
When once asked what I would do if I met Jim I said that I would give him so many hugs because he is so damn HOT and then I would tell him to get married. Response, "he is hot, but...nevermind."
woweeee
Batman Forever

Postby SA JCFan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:44 am

Just saw the movie. Visually, I enjoyed it and I expected just as much from Blue Sky because of their amazing art direction and animation. Everything about the movie was Seuss-ical and it was absolutely stunning to watch. Storywise, they did a good job adding more depth to the characters of Whoville and Horton's friends. Jim was pretty all right here, he was a bit restrained but at times was able to go all out with his voice acting.

There are only 2 parts of the movie that was utterly distracting and disrupted the movie. First is the "anime". I'm not going to spoil anything but when this segment came up, it was funny to watch for a few seconds but it went on a bit too long. The over exaggerated expressions, an indirect DBZ reference and the inconsistent lip synching... it was very awkward. Second is the ending, which was even MORE awkward. They didn't have to use THAT song but thankfully it was short and still maintained the mood of the ending.

Other than the fact that you only get to hear half of the all-star cast (Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill were severely underused), the movie was very enjoyable.
SA JCFan
The Cable Guy

Postby sprousefan23 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:03 am

It was very Suessical! Which is good cuz it's a Suess story.
I loved it! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find a speck of dust with people on it!
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby *lion girl* » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:55 pm

Wonderful! ^^ Amazing! Loved it. I so wanna se it again! I laughed so hard at times :) lovelovelovelovekisskisskiss the movie .. or something :P wonderful.

Though only bad about it was the ending, it was so very holywood/cliche-ish. Like "oh screw you and your speck!" *2 sec" - "oh I love your speck let's walk together and be bff" (this with my own words and a bit overstaded but just to make an image) Very sudden :S felt unreal. Though that's the only negative stuff I have to say about it.

"In MY world everyone is a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies! whaaaooo" xD
Last edited by *lion girl* on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Here I come to 'seize' the day!"
*lion girl*
A Christmas Carol

Postby *lion girl* » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:03 pm

sprousefan23 wrote:It was very Suessical! Which is good cuz it's a Suess story.
I loved it! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find a speck of dust with people on it!

Good luck! I believe in you! ^^ you can do it
"Here I come to 'seize' the day!"
*lion girl*
A Christmas Carol

Horton

Postby babygirl_lace » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:58 pm

I very much enjoyed this movie last night. Unfortunately, I dont think my almost two year old will sit through it just yet. I was hoping for it to be his first 'Carrey' movie. However, most of our big movies go to what we call the dollar or cheap seats theater after its run in the big theater, so maybe I will take him then. I think it was very cute!
~Lex~

"No day but today!" ~RENT~
babygirl_lace
Batman Forever

Postby sprousefan23 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:36 pm

*lion girl* wrote:
sprousefan23 wrote:It was very Suessical! Which is good cuz it's a Suess story.

Good luck! I believe in you! ^^ you can do it

Thanks! It's alot harder than it looks. None of them are saying anything!

:lol:
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby TNPihl » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:14 am

Ryan's review (from the main site):

By Ryan Al-Hakim
(Web correspondent)

For those that have yet to see Jim's new animation film "Horton Hears a Who!" perhaps you would like to read a review of the film as seen by myself at a regional premiere, just so you know what you are to expect when you see the film for yourselves!

The cinema was full and the atmosphere electric before the film with everybody anticipating the arrival of Horton the elephant. The free candy floss machine was being worked within an inch of its life by excited children whilst their parents enjoyed the complimentary popcorn and milkshakes given to all. The audience also received huge horton posters in our hospitality packages.

Once the film began it was immediately apparent that the quality threshold of the film was going to be high as the animation and environment detail was nothing short of fantastic. The people at Blue Sky have really done an excellent job on the visual front. A beautiful and vibrant world will greet you as soon as the film starts a world which must be seen to be fully appreciated.

Within the opening scenes we are introduced to all the characters at which point the audience seemed to form an almost fraternal bond with Horton and his crew. Each animal has its own unique personality that shines through from the moment we meet them As the film progresses the laughs follow, it really is as funny as we had hoped it would be. The chemistry from "Bruce Almighty" is back for "Horton Hears a Who!" between Jim and Steve who both give exceptional performances and excellently convay the qualities of their respective characters to the viewers in the cinema.

The rest of the cast are all stars in their own right, a personal favorite being Vlad the would be assassin played by Will Arnett. The Vulture has a genuine comic feel which brings some hilarious scenes to the film when he is sent to kill Horton who always manages to evade his winged rival much to Vlad's regret.

Carol Burnett puts in a stellar performance as Kangeroo and her contempt for Horton is almost palpable which makes their relationship all the more believable and enjoyable.

Other points in the film which I personally loved was a scene where Horton must cross a bridge with a "drop to certain death". As you can imagine an elephant crossing a bridge is a humorous thought in itself but when combined with the fact that the elephant is Jim Carrey you have the making of a very funny moment. Furthermore a scene where the mayor goes to the dentist cannot do anything but please. You will know what I mean when you see the film.

"Horton Hears a Who!" is a great film that the whole family can enjoy together. Once you add the excellently conceived visuals and superb cast what may have been considered a two dimensional experience suddenly becomes much more.

I rate Horton as one of the best animations available and gets a strong 9/10 from me. I would have liked to see more from Seth Rogan and Jonah Hill but with that said their contributions to the film are great.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:47 pm

Furthermore a scene where the mayor goes to the dentist cannot do anything but please

Maybe cause that scene was Jims idea hehehe
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

wtf

Postby wooly » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:10 pm

this film is terrible i mean it's soooo babyish cringe sorry Jim you could do better than this pile of elephant crap ps if you havent seen this and are going to take a shovel with you . 8)
wooly
Earth Girls Are Easy

Next

Return to (2008) Horton Hears a Who